Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: SUN4U
105 Posts
Hi I went with these jokers in June - i wouldf never use again.
We were so glad to be back in the hands on Ryan Air, didn't think I'd ever say that.
1) No rep at to meet us at airport - called the emergency helpline and it was engaged for 7 days.
2) Found our own transfer with the help of another company's Rep and then were told we had to wait 2 hours for other flights as driver would not leave without a full bus.
3) compensated with a free trip - They didn't show up for us
4) Booked for Lloret de mar, were shoved in an 15-18's German hotel in Callela, with our 6 year old
5) Phoned the UK and got abusive calls and told to stay put
6) Transfer back was 90mins late for us, same reason as 2.

Complained on return and was told it was covered in the small print but gave us a few quid each back £40
So if you want left stranded a an airport you have never been to and dumped in a hotel from hell, please use these guys, if not I would avoid. Next year i will pay more and get a good holiday as I only can get 1 per year, 2009 is written off now!

Hope this helps
DO NOT travel with SUN4U, as soon as they receive your money thats it, they don't want to know any of your problems, sent us to the SANDOS MONACO hotel & SPA, which they said HAD been completely refurbed, didn't tell us it WAS being refurbed, there were more builders than guests, no facilities available ( SPA GYM WELLNESSS CENTRE ETC,) as advertised, the food was diabolical,everything was cold and had a worrying skin on it. one of our party was an 82 year old disabled lady, so particularly hard on her, when we finaly contacted them they weren't interested and near enough said tough there is no alternative accommodation. when we got home complained to a premium rate phone line, told us to write, we did, got a letter back saying the spanish eat there food at that temperature ( complete rubbish ) and that their agent told us it was a reduced rate (complete lie, over £2000 for 3 of us is not reduced rate ) basicaly fobbed us off with complele :swear. avoid SUN4U like the plague.
booked a 4STAR weeksholiday with SUN4U, BENIKAKTUS in Benidorm, told sun4u about one of our party being Disabled, they said it was fine, guess what? hotel was a 3 STAR, on a hill that the locals call CARDIAC hill. got in touch explained that we had paid for a 4 star hotel and that our disabled mum couldn't climb the hill, they said they would call us back, but they never did, phoned them back from the phone place down the road as the hotel wouldn't let us use the phone, finaly after 2 days they said they would move us to another 3 star hotel at a cost of 350 euros, when we tried to explain we had paid for a 4 star hotel they said either take it or shut up and if we took their other hotel we would have to find our own way there, and also we would have to return to the Benikaktus to be picked up by the airport bus, needless to say we declined their offer.
the staff at the Benikaktus were the most miserable bunch that we have ever come across, the pool is about the same size as my living room, with no parasols. it is advertised as having tennis courts, but they must be well hidden as even the staff had no idea where they were. the hotel is only about 5% english, and the hotels entertainment is ballroom dancing every night ( if i'd have had a gun i would have shot myself. if you like VEAL then this is the place for you. diabolical
Paulw why did you travel with Sun4u again after you had such a poor first holiday?
Hmmm a few new complaints arriving altogether.

I used Sun4U a couple of years ago with no problems and was actually pleased as the web price turned out to be even cheaper when I rang them to book over the phone(I had some queries). I stayed in the Gemelos22 in Benidorm and everything was great.

I hate to say it but you could book a DIY hell hole hotel with any operator, it's up to you to do the research first and not depend on anyone else for information, lessons sadly learnt I think.
Stardust 2000
Lucky you, maybe they have got worse lately, as the name of the web site this is the truth
Note though the complaints are very similar and about different resorts
Probably best to avoid this company anyway
ps if you do an AOA how do you research the accomadation?
If you are talking allocation or arrival then you can't check out the accomodation. Did you not choose your accomodation when you booked?

Sorry Matt my query was because I could not understand why someone would book again if the first experience was soo naff and my comment was not directed at you personally.
Hi Stardust

No offence taken
I will not be using sun 4 u again and plan to stay away from these last min teletext "deals"
Next year we go with first choice - booked and paying up now

By the way - intersting this but one of the directors of sun4u must read this as I got a letter about my first post, must have Identified me from my username and the compliant, anyway he said as i took the money I could not complin as that was accepting full and final settlement. Needless to say I wrote back and told him the error of his way :tup

I would still say these are the worst ones of the Internet guys - i have been with a few - usually got a hotel suitable for the party i travelled with though.
From what I have read there are complaints floating around about lots of these third party booking agents, as in they sell rooms and then can't provide the actual accomodation.

I have hit lucky with them all so far but it's true enough if I had problems I would not use them again but compared to many of the big guys the prices are usually soo much cheaper so we risk it.

Glad that you are sorted Matt I am also booked with an agent for next year but that's because price wise it was the same as DIY anyway, well in fact the flights were a lot more expensive doing DIY.
I have just got back from my holiday to costa brava with sun 4 u it was a joke! our flight was 6 hours delayed we arrived at girona airport at 2.30am met by our transfer a man with a sign with our name he spoke no english we were accomadation on arrival so had no idea where we were staying. He drove us to a hotel we had no idea where we were he dropped us off and left. The hotel had no booking for us and it was a four star and we booked for a two star hotel. The man at reception rang other hotels in the area and no-one had a reservation for us. We rang the emergency num and she said she was expecting a call from us as the two other people with them from the flight had already called her!! she had no idea where we were ment to be. The hotel let us stay overnight as it was now 4am

We rang sun 4 u in the morning they said we where in the wrong town and made out that we had gone to the wrong place but they still couldnt tell us the name of the hotel we where supposed to be in. The hotel let us stay the week as we had no-where else to go. We rang sun 4 u to check we had a transfer from this hotel back to the airport, they told us we had no reservation and hung up. the emergency num said the transfer was at 21.50 when our flight was at 22.20???? the hotel said the transfer was 19.15 and lukily this one turned up on time. I have now got food poisening form the hotel food it started the day i flew home. Everyone we spoke to at the hotel who went with sun 4 u had problems especially with the transfers to and from the airport. DONT use sun 4 u its not worth the stress!!!!
well- seems like you got a good deal really- you ended up in a 4 star hotel when you had only booked for a 2 star one. :think
Don't think I would complain about that.
I see we haven't heard back from Paul as I also was wondering why on earth he would book a second time with the company he supposedly had so many problems with the first time round?
Warning! Do not trust them! Just came back from Mallorca.
I read this review after we booked holiday unknowingly with them through lastminutes.com. All my worries became true. No representative at the airport to tell us which hotel we are staying in the night! After trying every counters at the airport, we rung the emergency number but no reply. Thankfully we found a transfer company which deals with them and they helped us despite we didn't book a transfer. They told us SUN4U always do this but they have no representatives in Mallorca apart from weekend in summer. However, we were given a wrong map and it was a nightmare looking for a hotel among 130 hotels in the area. Hope nobody else will experience the same.
just got back from a 5 night all inclusive deal in lloret de mar, costa brava. i booked it through lastminute.com and everything went really smoothly...coach transfers from barcelona airport to the hotel was early both ways...which makes a change. flights were on time and as promised. the hotel was excellent quality and we got exactly what we wanted for £140 per person! if i were to be really really picky, the only fault i could find was pasta gets a bit boring for 6 days straight...but thats my only (very critical) minus point! 10/10 and ill definatly be usin them again!
i made the BIG mistake of booking aoa in benidorm with this company,we had booked all inclusive ,when we arrived at airport we were told by "transfer rep" that we have to go to lux mar apts where we will be given our allocated accomodation. on arriving at apts the very helpful receptionist rang round every hotel that this company deal with and ,guess what? no one had us booked in with them,we rang "emergency number for sun4u"who said as it was late at night she couldnt help until morning. we had to pay 50 euros to stay in apt for the night.next morning we rang sun4u who after many phone calls sent us to flamingo playa apts,guess what,we werent booked with them,we were then sent to flamingo benidorm hotel who said we were booked with them for food and drinks but no room had been booked.many phone calls were made to this company to rectify the situation,as hotel needed sun 4 u to ring them to verify they would pay for a room,this didnt happen, instead they moved us to fiesta park apts which is the back of beyond but we did get a room eventually and food and drink. i have been arguing with this company since getting home,they will only reimburse for 1 night stay at apt.nothing for food and drinks or taxis or any compensation.oh they have offered me £25 off another holiday with them.(dont think i could handle the stress) this must be the worst company ever. i wish i had read reviews before going with them.
hi all....what puzzles me is how companies like this survive when some of the better ones go to the wall...this is the worst list of posts I think Ive ever read ....where people are flown out then apparantly left to fend for themselves in a strange place.....it puts a whole new twist on last minute holidays...apparantly even the company are leaving it till after you arrive to find you a place to stay... and in one case it seems people found their own accomodation due to a tranfer driver taking them the wrong place....sorry sun4u is not for me....I'll not be tempted away from the high st agents with the well known names...even if they are more expensive.....better than pay less and be treated like the people who have posted on here
Yes it is true, you get what you pay for but like you say, if it was as bad as this bunch of moaners make it out to be they wouldnt be in business. ive used them for a 5 night all inclusive holiday in costa brava and yes the communication was a bit ropey to start with but its all about making sure YOU know what to do when you get the the destination airport. im willing to put money on the fact that all these people who say their coach never turned up or took them to the wrong destination, didnt pay attension to the email confirmation that sun4u send you when you book. while i was waiting at barcelona airport, i had to ask a local for directions to the meeting point (because im an idiot and didnt see the huge polizia sign which was the meeting point) but a number of coaches turned up with drivers who didnt speak english and dont ask for a booking reference. they probobly got impatient and got on the first on that turned up which will of course take you to the wrong hotel. all the bloody rants on here may be true in some aspects but by the sound of it alot of the hiccups were not all the fault of sun4u. it all ran fairly smoothly bearing in mind the coach services have to try to keep up with multiple drop offs and keep up with airport delays. this is absolutly typical of british people, complete and utter moaners!
dont know 17, please remember one mans meat is another mans poision.

Please respect other peoples opinions.

Kath
re. dont know 17. if i had got what i had paid for i wouldnt be moaning.people work hard to pay for holidays , so why should this company think its o.k to ruin it for people?
I am not moaning but warning to other people!
What I learned from this experience is to never book a holiday without knowing where I am going to stay. Also I will double check with the hotel to confirm my booking before I travel next time. Cheap holidays shoule never mean cheap service. I hear other people had wonderful time with good deals. Not having a rep. at the airport as it promised in the confirmation letter is inexcusable.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.