Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks for the update. Going end June so keeping my fingers crossed
Thanks for the update. May flight all things crossed at moment lol
Latest information from Thomson Airways regarding the 787-8 deliveries;

"Thomson Airways has not yet been given a new delivery date for its first 787 Dreamliner by Boeing. Our priority is to ensure our customers go on their holidays and we are, therefore, putting contingency plans in place including using alternative aircraft for our long-haul flights to Mexico and Florida if delivery is delayed beyond the end of March. Boeing is doing everything it can to resolve the situation. We appreciate that there are many customers who are looking forward to flying on the Dreamliner but unfortunately these circumstances are out of our control. Once we have finalised our contingency plans we will contact customers whose flights may be affected."

Darren
After booking my holiday last April for this Summer I am so looking forward to going to Mexico and now feel that as we long as we get there safely I dont mind if its a 767 ...... would be disappointed if I dont get premium cabin but at the end of the day safety if paramount. In all honesty anything has to be better than cattle class on Thomas Cook Long Haul Airbus..... worst cramped seats I have ever encountered and the IFE was rubbish as well. Thomsons Long Haul all the way in future no matter how much cheaper their holidays are.
dinner-lady wrote:
After booking my holiday last April for this Summer I am so looking forward to going to Mexico and now feel that as we long as we get there safely I dont mind if its a 767 ...... would be disappointed if I dont get premium cabin but at the end of the day safety if paramount. In all honesty anything has to be better than cattle class on Thomas Cook Long Haul Airbus..... worst cramped seats I have ever encountered and the IFE was rubbish as well. Thomsons Long Haul all the way in future no matter how much cheaper their holidays are.

I agree with this totally....i should still get my extra space seats which is fine by me. So many people on thomsons FB page are moaning.
I can't see any posts on FB now. Have they all been deleted?
Still plenty there. People wanting to cancel and get a full refund if they're not on a Dreamliner lol :yikes
Hi Darren

Please can you tell me whether BHX-SFB TOM630 12th May is ex FCA or ex Thomsonfly. Thanks.
Maybe I'm looking on the wrong Group. Which one is it?
Sunaddict,

BHX-SFB-BHX (TOM630/1) should be an ex-FCA although things could change subject to the issues with the 787-8.

Darren
bugalug wrote:
Maybe I'm looking on the wrong Group. Which one is it?

It's Thomson Holidays FB page.
Previous years I've found that its been possible to access "Select my Seat" before the 90 day window from return date, but this year no sign yet and we return on 13th May from DR which I make 90 days...anyone else finding delays ? Could it be due to the state of flux re 787 situation??
brewerdave wrote:
Previous years I've found that its been possible to access "Select my Seat" before the 90 day window from return date, but this year no sign yet and we return on 13th May from DR which I make 90 days...anyone else finding delays ? Could it be due to the state of flux re 787 situation??

I think actually they are working to 91 days at present. I recently booked my seats to/from Sharm el Sheikh and thats a 757 so unlikely a Dreamliner fiasco issue and I tried daily, it only let me book at the 91 day return flight mark.
Hello

Can anyone tell me if Thomson flight to Cancun from Manchester on Saturday 23rd of Feb is a Thomson 767 or FCA 767?

I don't have flight number to hand but departing at 9.15am

Thanks

Z.J.C
z.j.c,

I assume you mean TOM144/5? It's an ex-FCA according to the schedule.

Darren
Really ticked off with thomsons now - decided that because its important to me to be in premium that I would change my holiday completely away from dreamliner Mexico in May and expected charges of £50 each to do so. Not the case £300!! It's shocking I was happy to waiver the extra price I had paid for the Dreamliner that may or may not arrive and ok ish with £100 fee but £300 extra is beyond a joke :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.