Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
noooooobs,

A change of aircraft has been in the small print for a numbers of years, nothing has changed their. Aircraft can change at any time due to operational reasons. While it's unfortunate those looking forward to the 787-8 in May may not experience it now, subject to what happens with Boeing over the next few weeks, there's not a lot Thomson can do about it. It's not their fault, it's Boeings. This isn't cashing in as you put it, it's just the way it is. What's more important, 1 or 2 weeks in the sun or the type of aircraft that takes you their? While I can understand dissapointment, surely it's the holiday that counts. I can't understand why people would want to cancel their holiday purely on the basis it's a different aircraft that's taking them their. If you don't want the holiday based on an alternative aircraft, that has the same basic facilities as the 787-8, then you'll have a cancellation fee.

Darren
Totally agree with you darren, im flying to mexico on the 23rd and still going lol. Was just saying that in the small print somwhere there will be hefty fees for cancellation or moving holidays, there always is. Which is understandable as thomson will loose that money and possibly wont resell it in the small amount of time left to advertise.
The reason I need the premium confirming is a medical condition I have which is why I pay extra at least 3 times a year to secure that. I'm gutted that you have taken my valid point of the charges for extra monies to change as a secondary matter to my holiday which it is not. All are just as important to me! The flight is important to me. I pay for the privilege. I know Thomson WILL be compensated by Boeing so why should I be penalised for their combined problems?
Thomson will NOT guarantee me premium seats. I'm not bothered if its a 767 or 787 I need the service I have booked that's all. It's not like I was waiting for the £10 they are offering if you don't get on a Dreamliner. £300 extra is a joke
I would suggest trying someone like virgin or ba then if premium is that important over extra leg room for example
deana wrote:
Thomson will NOT guarantee me premium seats. I'm not bothered if its a 767 or 787 I need the service I have booked that's all.

Thats fair enough, they should atleast give preference for medical reasons. As if there is a premium cabin then there will still be premium seats just not as many as the 787.
Were kind of in the same boat as we have booked extra legroom as my wife has knee problems so they need to be streched out whilst sitting, but i dont see any reason why there would be any less if these seats
For 8 years it has not been an issue. I have gone with BA and virgin in the past bit I'm from the North East and very restricted with other airlines that mainly go from Gatwick
deana,

If you have a medical, that's different. I remember you posting about it before now. My comments above are about those wanting to cancel their holidays just because it may not be operated by a 787-8. Did you ask about the availability of medical seats? I would wait until the end of this month as a decision will be made then about whether the 787-8 will be in use from May, then try again. At this stage, it's impossable to get a guarantee as the airline don't know if they will have an aircraft in service as yet and if not, what the alternative will be. Just have a little patience.

Darren
Darren. The problem is that by the time the will make the final contingency plans I will be too close to my departure date to change or cancel (70 day at present without more costs). I am very frustrated that they cannot play fair under the circumstances
Thomsons never guarantee premium seats, Dreamliner or not. How can they? What if there was a late aircraft change because of technical reasons, and the replacement didn't have a premium cabin?
Everyone is worrying about premium but let's not forget the majority of Thomson airways long haul fleet has MORE premium seats than a 787. If anything nearly 20 passengers per flight will be upgraded. Yes the ex Britannia 767's have less premium, they can be configured to any seating config- they are more flexible than the ex-FC 767's we could see a(and the rumour is) a bigger premium cabin on the These aircraft whilst still maintaining 2-4-2 config in economy- to go someway to meeting the 291 seating plan on the 787.
My guess is that Thomson, until they have definite word from Boeing, would be restricting passenger load to cover the contingency of an aircraft change.
busdriver wrote:
My guess is that Thomson, until they have definite word from Boeing, would be restricting passenger load to cover the contingency of an aircraft change.

...but it might be too late....surely some of the 787 flights are fully booked already :que

The only good thing to come from this for Thomson passengers, is that the problem has occurred before Thomson took delivery; can anyone imagine what a mess it would have been if the 787s had been grounded in early Summer after Thomson had got rid of the "old" 767s?? :really
Hi,

New member here!

Hopefully you can help me, I am travelling from MAN-SSH-MAN in May and wondered:

- What aircraft will be operating - TOM 836
- I am due to pick my seats and have a two y/o travelling with us - any seat recommendations?
Do seats infront on the toilets / back row allow for full recline so she can play around without distrubing those beind us?

Many thanks
Ryan
Again this is a PR cock up by Thomson I cannot understand why they have the attitude of we have your money and hold all the cards.
Surely they can reconfigure the existing fleet of 767 to cover the extra Premium seats unless there is a problem with airframe that won't allow it ?
Yes it's not Thomsons fault the Dreamliner is turning into a nightmare but there are ways to solve the problems and good PR is not hard to do.
Always remember Thomson without our money your nothing we as customers pay your wages.
qatarman wrote:
Again this is a PR cock up by Thomson I cannot understand why they have the attitude of we have your money and hold all the cards.
Surely they can reconfigure the existing fleet of 767 to cover the extra Premium seats unless there is a problem with airframe that won't allow it ?
Yes it's not Thomsons fault the Dreamliner is turning into a nightmare but there are ways to solve the problems and good PR is not hard to do.
Always remember Thomson without our money your nothing we as customers pay your wages.

BY-TOM-AMM-FCA has already intimated above that this is what they might be doing with the ex Thomsonfly.
Sorry I never noted that so it seems it can be done.
...but if they reconfigure the ex Thomsonfly planes to increase the number of Premium seats ,surely the total no. of passengers carried will still be less than the 787s?
rynewman21,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-SSH-MAN (TOM836/7) should be operated by Boeing 757-200 or Boeing 737-800, you don't say what dates you are travelling. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including a link to seat plans. All seats offer the same basic facilities so it's personal preference really. Seats infront of the toilets do recline, but not quite as much as standard seats. Be aware the flushing action can get on your nerves after a while so some find seats around the toilets distracting.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.