Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We simply opened the passport at the page with the visa on. They stamped it again - no problems

Thanks Denny - that's what I wanted to hear.
I bought my 10 pound visa in April and have used it for 4 return trips this year going into Dalaman. The total number of days I spent there was less than 90. I had no problems at all. My friend who has had the same trips as me but came in on the last one to Bodrum was told to buy another visa even though her present one had not expired. I have heard of others who have had difficulties with this new ruling in Istanbul. It seems that it depemds on how individual airports and even individual officers interpret the rules. The whole thing is a shambles.
I went to Turkey on 19th April (Dalaman) and got my 180 day visa then.
Stayed only one week.
I went to Antalya a couple of weeks ago, knowing the visa was still valid until 16th October.
And I got stopped at passport control and told to go buy a new visa.
I stood my ground and argued. I showed my return ticket to prove I was leaving on 25th September.
Eventually the official and I ended up counting weeks and days on our fingers.
He then gave in, smiled, and wished me a good holiday.
Hi,
Not sure if this should go in the Turkey section or here. But notices today that my passport expires at the beginning of Jan 2014. We were going to go to Turkey at the end of August, does this mean I need to renew my passport or will it be ok?

Many thanks. :cheers
Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
ruth24s,

Your passport needs to be valid for a minimum of 6 months from the date you enter into Turkey so I'd get it renewed before you go. You get the months still remaining on your passport added to the new one so you won't lose out. Entry requirements are on the FCO's website.

Darren
Ah, thank you and thought this was the case from what I had read online, but you have confirmed what I thought. I will get it renewed when we return from Portugal at the end of the month. :-)
I have just read on a facebook group page for Olu Deniz that you can now get e-visas for entrance into Turkey. Is this correct?
jewelsabull,

It depends where you're travelling from. If you're a British passport holder, you only need a tourist visa that costs £10 when you get to the Turkish airport you are entering via. You don't need a full visa. If you wish to do it prior to travel to avoid the queues for purchsing your tourist visa, you can apply for an e-visa online, details here.

Darren
Just had a look at that site Darren as my friend is going to Turkey shortly and thought it may be of some help, however I notice that the price comes up as 20 USD. I think that may put her off. Currency converter currently brings the exchange rate up at £12.93p
I just get it there Glynis to be honest. The queue's can sometimes be a pain depending on how busy the airport is when you get there, but the main problem for me is if you lose your printed e-visa, you'll have to get another printed somewhere. A sticker in your passport is much easier.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
I just get it there Glynis to be honest. The queue's can sometimes be a pain depending on how busy the airport is when you get there, but the main problem for me is if you lose your printed e-visa, you'll have to get another printed somewhere. A sticker in your passport is much easier.

Darren

Very true Darren I wouldn't have thought about loosing it tbh :tup
After our delays at the airport last year with no pre booked taxi turning up and being dumped on to a shuttle bus that sat at the airport for almost 2 hours we have done our visa online to save a bit of time and hopefully save a bit of time.
I would do it if it was just me but we have to pay for me and my 2 girls so it would be an extra £9 on top so I don't think I would bother.

I think it is a great idea for anyone who is getting a connecting flight though.
Thankyou all for the info, but me and my other half have decided to stick to the good olde way of getting a visa. Plus I like the little sticker in my passport. ;)
Oh and just checked bank and there was an additional £1 on each for a foreign transaction :tut

:think You might as well use the old fashioned method until the electronic form become compulsory.
It doesn't really take that long to queue, and you still have to queue to wait for your luggage when you get through, so doubt we'll bother. The queue should be shorter anyway if lots of people opt for getting an e-visa!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apartment rental in beautiful area of Turkey, perfect location for a wonderful holiday http://www.turuncapartment.com
i don't mind queuing either plus I also like to add another sticker to my passport! number 10 this year lol x
Ooh yes, that's another good reason, we've just got new passports, got to build up our stickers again!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apartment rental in beautiful area of Turkey, perfect location for a wonderful holiday http://www.turuncapartment.com
query. according to this report e-visas are now required.
Anyone know for certain that the old sticker types on arrival are still in use/available

http://www.didimtoday.com/national/turkey/1672-e-visa-for-turkey.html

and from the Turkish visa website

http://www.turkishconsulate.org.uk/en/visa.asp
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.