Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Protaras Sun Rise cam will be back online soon. May hopefully.
does anuone know how much longer its goin to be before the sunrise webcam is back on?
:hmmm ........ I've been clicking on this a bit lately, but nothing ever comes up.... it says the camera is "under maintenence"...... its usually up and running by end of April, May....... is it the same for everyone..... or just me? :oops: . Cheers.
yeah same for me too, i have been trying it formonths with no joy, i go in a week and half! yay x
:D Good choice Linzi..... its really lovely...We had a nosey round when we went to Protaras 3 years back.. :oops: too expensive for us though, as both our children are older than 12... and thats the child cut off age..... would be adult prices otherwise.......
i used to love checking out the webcam for the weather and getting excited for my holidays is it still not working?
At a guess the person or server hosting it is no longer running it ?
Ours is running fine but not a lovely shot of any beach, it is live and the idea is to show what the weather is doing over here...plus help your building skills :lol: , it is attached to my house in Trimithousa near Pafos..

http://cyprusliving.org/webcam/webcam.php
Hi Jim if they build any closer they will be twins
Believe me that is normal here as it is in the UK, but they have all been sold, two of them to members of my website, they are big inside and all have private pools, good value I think for £160K , idea of the size the lounge is 25 foot square, .the kitchen is also big, 20 foot square..three good size bedroom's

wish I could afford one..
Hi Jim,
I've watched those being built from when i booked my holiday last year. They really have spoilt your view, havn't they.
Well yes but the developers sign was there when we bought the bungalow so we knew it would go, to be very honest when you live here a view is not important, where you live is, and our village is handy for town (Pafos) to pay bills go to the doctors, shopping etc, now as far as I am concerned this is far more important, as I don't ever intended to go back to the UK, and I will grow even older here (I hope), so this is important to us!!

And of course there is your house buying budget, you buy what you can afford, I would have loved a villa overlooking the ocean but my funds did not allow me to retire at 54 and have the big house, given the choice of working until I dropped to have that I preferred my option to be honest..

I mean when you bought your house in the UK did you buy it for a view? I can walk twenty yards and have the best view you could wish for, this is good enough for me, we also have a very nice pool area that is normally quiet and relaxing when you can sit out there, at the moment we find this impossible it is just too hot on Cyprus at the moment, shutters down, fans on!!! :roll:

p.s the people who have bought those houses are known to me and are very nice, more to invite to our BBQ's this is the way I see things. :)
I mean when you bought your house in the UK did you buy it for a view?

To be honest jimbox, it was one of the things that made our mind up. We are very lucky to live in the outskirts of town, bordering the edge of the penine way and our view from the back of the house is to die for, especially on a summer evening watching the sunset. But if I lived abroad it wouldn't bother me as the main factor would be better weather.
Take care,
Cazz.xx

Here is one of those sunsets. :D

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u180/bettyboop2007_album/JulyAugustSeptember2006066.jpg
Nice shot, I will send you one from a few yards up our road here, it overlooks the wreck at Chloraks about four kilometer down hill..this also is stunning, but as I said we had a great view in Peyia when we lived there, and you get a little indiferent about it to be honest, I never sat there looking at the sun going down G&T in hand, as I thought I would, the dream is not always the reality.

Living where we live now is normal day to day stuff, and it is somehow different to what I expected of life on Cyprus, must say though I will never return to the UK..Only kicking and screaming, it is hot here though, and I can say not at all nice.. 8)
I am going to move our weathercam to our chimney, it will over look our pool area down to the coast, when those homes are completed later in the year...

50 yards down the road..

http://cyprusliving.org/photogallery/nfpicturepro/albums/userpics/10002/normal_Thursday%2025%20th%20Jan%202.jpg
i so wish i had the bottle and the cash to move to cyprus that view is gorgeous jim you lucky lucky man.
lindsay
A bit of bottle maybe, I wish I also had that cash ..all it really takes is commitment I found, you get by somehow. :)
Oh wow, jim that is lovelly, is that the view we will be getting from your webcam when it's moved????????. Does the sun set or rise over the sea?????

WOW.
At the moment it sets to the right hand side of the picture, winter well over to the left..
Hi All ,
I know this thread has been made before but do anyone know where i can find any webcams ? ive been looking all over the net & i cant find nothing in Cyprus , sorry to make another thread on this i just cant seem to find the other one ,

Thanks
CourtneeLouise
edit
merged to thread with all the answers for you CourtneeLouise :D
Fiona ht mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.