Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Re: our wedding
958 Posts
Its exciting isn't it! You are so organised having it home already - I'd be trying it on everyday! I don't have my first fitting until May and then it will be made over the month ready for June/July - thats perfect for me, because its still a secret that we are getting married, so trying to hide a wedding dress would be quite hard as I still live at home with my parents!!!
O forgot to say miss p, We have been together for ages to - 8 years this year, however we have known eachother over 10 years! You will be spoilt for choice for places to hold your reception - everywhere is so lovely!
klin x
hi girlies.
not been on since new year,
oh my god im so excited now! marry on lindos memories beach at 5.15 on 15th may, hi to all those iv new lovely ladies iv missed. im debz and me and and my fiance are the only people going to our wedding. its a lovely simple beach ceremony,
we're in lindos for a week only so really gonna make the most of our time there, cant wait! (there was a poster that asked about days you need to be on the island before you marry, we are on there 5 days before if that helps)

having a bit of a do in a greek resteraunt here when we are home, greek dancing plate smashing etc, should be fun!

not long now im so excited i could burst! anyone there the same time as me? debz xxxxxxxxx
Hiya Debz,
Not long now for you, it will fly by! Have you got everything sorted? It is just the 2 of us going too, so you will have to tell me what its like when you get back, because I haven't heard from anybody else who has done the same yet. I think it will be nice and romantic and hopefully (fingers crossed) stress free.
We are having a party when we get home, however we can't seem to agree on when this will be lol - hopefully before our tans fade! Will you be wearing your dress again at your 'do?'
klin
hi klin...ahhh thats great about your dress...at least you know you can have it made exactly as you want it..it will be perfect.what have you decided upon for your silk flowers???i am just being nosey (i am a florist!!) its a very good idea to have silk as they travel well and as you say you can use them on return..and a beautiful memory after the wedding is over.i am going to speak to florist in lindos when we arrive as i am sure about what to have...although my boss( who is flying out with us) wants to arrange a dutch delivery to arrive in rhodes so we can do our own....the reason being i am possibly having purple vanda orchids for our reception on our return..and on the invites too.i am going to make some silk orchid buttonholes to take with me for our guests hopefully.think i need to grow another pair of hands...no..scrap that..clone another me...that should work!!! happy days :smile:
hi debz...yes,as klin says it will fly by. you get married before us so would be great to hear from you (if you get chance!!!!) on your return . let us know all about it...i remember you saying about the plate smashing...i think its so funny...might try it myself at home. help relieve some of the stress!!give me an excuse to buy new ones...or put them on my wedding list!! he he.i am going to do some greek dishes(or should i say my other half as he is the chef in our house) for our buffet...keep the theme going. bye for now
Hi Miss P,
I originally wanted red hand tired roses, however my boyfriend is an Evertonian so I thought I best not, as this will be the colour scheme for the reception and on the invites, so I will order gorgeous deep, yet bright, blue roses, with a bit of green around the edges and handtired.
Klin
x
:D
hi all,...feeling really giddy today .... its weird...all of a sudden my stress levels have gone way down and i am feeling really giddy and excited about getting married..i feel like a little kid.why???...i dont know, nothing specific happened today to make me feel this way...just had a good stress free day...its really good...probably be back to normal tomorrow..going to order my invites at the weekend.. how is everyone else feeling???? :D
hi girls..just wondering if anyone would know what the airline cost is for them to transport our dresses in a box. been told might be best to shrink wrap it and pay extra to have it put with luggage as it will be to big to take in-flight!!didnt really want to do this s worried about any damage....if anyone has any info on this it would be very helpfull. thanks sue.x :)
hi miss p my bridal shop said the best way to take the dress is in a hodel as hand luggage they can show you how to roll it so it fits that way you just need to let it hang in a steamed room to let any creases drop. not long to go now im so worried everything wont be sorted. rings are being made as we speak got my dress book reception and dj and stuff booked in for my documents just need to pay for everyhting now lol. hows everyone elses plans coming along xxx
hi smanfa...thanks for that..been worrying about it.so it really helps.i know what you mean about getting everything done in time as there is so much to do...i think i am getting there though....slowly!!!its good though isnt it...just think..in a few months..nice hot country..glorious sunshine...great tan!!!! and married...yippeee it makes all this worthwhile. you seem to have everything in hand and under control..you doing ok with plans. speak soon sue :)
oh..great..our flight times have been changed !!not so bad flying out but really bad coming home...not happy.we should have been flying with first choice but now has been changed to thomsonfly???..has this happened to anyone else??? :(
Hi,

This is my first time on this site, but i am getting married in May 08 at St Pauls and am thinking about having my reception at Nostalgia in Pefkos as i am staying at the Lindia Thallasa. Wedding planners have suggested it and parents have said they saw it whilst out in Rhodes last year and it looked nice but they didnt go in. Has anyone eaten their???

ahyyksbb
hi ahyyksbb congrates on the wedding when in may do you get married i fly out on the 24th. and sue i know what you mean about being worth while lol, im glad i could be of some help with the dress to. our flights got changed our flight time coming home is at 4am on the sunday morning and we have to vacate our room by 12pm on the saturday we are not to ammused to say the least xx
hi samanfa..not amused either...i think we fly at something like 5am and..like yourself..will have to leave the hotel at 12noon..so a v long day before flight...might pay to stay on later..or stay with family.some of them will still be in rhodes when we leave .we have a four year old and he is gonna want to sleep before we leave...oh well..not to worry....NOT HAPPY THOUGH!!! can you tell!! :-P hi ahyyksbb..congratulations on your up and coming big day. st pauls bay...great choice..we get married there on 12th aug o8.it looks stunning dosnt it. we are staying at pefkos beach apts which has the nostalgia restaurant on the complex..if you go to http://www.pefkosbeach.gr you can have a look at it. we have had some menus emailed to have a reception there and they seem very reasonable,although havnt decided yet. hope this helps a little. sue :wave:
hi sue i know just what you mean we asked tomas cook to pay for us to stay on as they were the ones that changed the flights but they said we had to write to head office. its not as if we havnt already spent enough with them lol what harm would an extra night do ow well 4 months to go and counting roll on the sunshine :sun2
well..we have got h2b suit..a white flax(bit like linen)paulsmith suit.....ahh its really nice
i tried to make an appointment at registry office to sort out certificate of no impediment..apparantly cant do that so far in advance...i need an appointmet for around may 3rd so have to ring up 2 weeks before! now...yeas i understand why they do this but ...i feel that i need to sort it out sooner so that i feel that i am organised..am i just being over keen and unreasonable???..yeah..probably am!!! has anyone else been told the same..is this the norm?? luv sue xx :que
hi sue well i managed to book my appointment for the 13th of march last month for the registary office, we have booked everything now so i fel pretty organised but i just have to pay for it and thankgod my father in law is lending us the money to lol xxx
hi girls...just sat here...with a brew..watching emmerdale...(yeah..i know...very sad!!)...having 5 minutes peace and quiet. h2b at football...oscar(my little angel 4 year old) playing upstairs.just been thinking about the wedding...i know we keep saying it but...god,so excited now...how is everyone getting on with their plans??? :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.