Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
I'm not much of a poster - only every now and again :oops: - but can I just say what an excellent post and brilliant idea.

I'm going to start a petition now :twisted: .

Mods - Please make this thread a sticky :!:

I think so many people have misconceptions (i've swallowed a dictionary lol) of Benidorm and I think this is a nice condensed description for people who've never been.

Well done BenidormHereICome :glynis

Rachael
x
Thank you. I appreciate your kind remarks.

I ommited to mention that if you like to take your own 'home' with you to Benidorm then there are at least a dozen Camping Sites situated on the outskirts of the Resort.

Then there are an abundance of activities which include Swimming, Scuba Diving, Golf, Cable Ski, Horse Riding, Boat Charter, and Yachting. There is a mulitude of Excursions to choose from which can either be booked via your Tour Operator or independantly. Such excursions include Guadalest, Altea, Alicante, Valencia, Algar Fountains, Cactus Gardens, Animal Sanctuary, Chocolate Factory, Polop, L'Alfas Del Pi, Finestrat, Calpe, Denia, La Vila Joiosa, El Campello, and La Nucia to name just a few.

For the Shopaholics, (and I know you are out there :wink: ), there is a twice weekly Open Air Market held on Sundays and Wednesdays as well as a daily Indoor Market. And there are over 2,000 shops in Benidorm selling all kinds of things from clothes, souvenirs, crafts, sportswear, leatherwear and leather goods, shoes, and beachwear.

There really is something for everyone in Benidorm.
Facts and figures in relation to number of beds, bars, restaurants, clubs, etc will vary considerably depending on which site you take them from.

However, while not wishing to contradict what has been said, to avoid any confusion I should perhaps mention that Benidorm is in fact divided into three main areas.

You have the beautiful and picturesque Benidorm Old Town, with its many shops, bars, restaurants, hostals and hotels hidden away in the little narrow streets. Next to the Chapel of San Jaime, you have fantastic views over the entire resort from the headland, and a flight of steps which will lead you down to both the port and the cove at Playa del Malpas. For authentic Spanish culture, Benidorm Old Town is the place to go. Accommodation is perhaps more residential than tourist, but there are some wonderful little places to book into.

Heading east from the Old Town, you have the Levante side of the resort which many refer to as the 'new town'. It stretches all the way to Rincon de Loix and is the most densely populated area of Benidorm. Most of the resort's accommodation and nightlife is on this side of town.

However, heading west from the Old Town, you have the Poniente side of the resort which stretches all the way to Cala de Finestrat. Less densely populated than the Levante side at the moment, but there is still a lot of construction work going on as the Poniente district has what the Levante district is running out of - space !! Perhaps more apartments than hotels, but certainly no shortage of tourist accommodation, and well away from the hustle and bustle of the Levante.

Each of those three areas has its own fantastic beach. In many ways, Benidorm's success and popularity is down to it having these three completely different districts, allowing the resort to provide something to suit everyone's tastes. It's like three resorts all in one.

David :wave
So just to clarify then David, the three main areas of Benidorm are Levante, Poniente and Rincon de Loix?
Hi Gary

I think the three main areas David is referring to is Poniente, Old Town and Levante.

Michelle :wave
Oh yes of course. Many thanks for clearing that up for me :wave
To gain a better picture of how the Levante area stretches east from the Old Town into the Rincon, and the Poniente area stretches west from the Old Town into La Cala, please click here.

For our individual street maps of Benidorm Old Town, Benidorm Levante and Benidorm Poniente, please click here.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.