Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Winter 2008/2009
59 Posts
Who with!!!! Are the brochures out now? .....rushes away too search online travel agents
Thomas cook are doing 2008-2009
With the dreaded Monarch - flight only - but I happen to prefer Monarch to Thomson! Mind you I am only 4ft 10inches! :D

Jo x
forgot to mention - its with Travelpack

:P
It's been my understanding that flights can't be booked more than 11 months in advance. :shock:
Well they have def taken my deposit! Got the flight details and a confirmation e mail so guess they have changed the rules - yippee!
Maxthebiker
I think that refers to scheduled flights only
at least you have plenty time to get your visa :shock:
Is it me but I cannot believe anyone would book that early surely you are paying a lot more than you would if you left it till nearer the time and you are handing over money this early as a deposit.

Doesn't make sense to me.
We have been for the last 10 years to the same hotel for 2 months! We book as soon as we come back in March. You have to if you want the best!
We always book between January and March to ensure that we get where we want at Christmas time. But then it is a busy time of the year to be going. I can't settle until I know that it's been booked and it certainly gives something to look forward to, plus we save up for the rest of the year to pay for it!!
Sorry you think it dont make sense but I have to book early as I work at school and onlyhave certain times i can have annual leave - plus i found last year that prices were loads more expoensive if i left it till the last minute - you either want to go or dont - I Do
Hope that answers your question

:roll:
Jom I agree, I can only holiday at Xmas because of work commitments, so I booked my flights in January. They are considerably higher in price now, and they were 4 weeks after my original booking :? Hope that makes sense.
I also work in a school and normal book a year ahead...Going to Goa this Xmas booked with Portland November last year. Would of cost me less if I had booked in January because Thompson/portland stopped charging fuel supplements at about that time but the same holiday booked now would cost me nearly 600 pounds more the 2 of us. So I think I got a good deal :D
first choice went on sale for winter 2008/2009 this week , I looked at prices for Xmas and they are not too bad, feel a booking coming on :D
Hi Shirley,

Don't seem to be able to get the winter 2008/2009 up on the website. Where did you see these holidays?

Thanks, Anne.
I tried to check First Choice as well but also cant get in. Online its only showing dates up until October 2008. Maybe Shirley means the brochure is available?
In the past ive found that First Choice update their web pages very slowly.
First choice are on sale and bookable in the travel agents, checked some more prices today, not launched on the net yet though, thomsons on sale on thursday this week.
I am booking very soon for xmas 2008 :)
Thomson on sale today , but much pricier than First Choice, so sticking with them , just need to decide on a hotel. :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.