Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
:D So will we

Be there on the 21st Sept

Happy Holidays Every one :lol:
Not sure if this is right or not but someone told me today at work that if a we're caught up in a terror attack the insurance would be void? Is that right do you know?

Cheers
In the General Holiday Enquiries, hint and tips section there is a dedicated thread on Insurance, you might be better off asking this question there.

The other thing you should do is check the small print in your own policy, as policies vary from company to company. Many don't cover you for acts of war, or acts of God etc. Not sure where terrorism falls within this.

Doe
:D Hello

Just checked our insurance and it dont cover us for acts of war :cry:
Most travel insurance policies will not cover for war or acts of terrorism .
just got back from hisaronu although you should keep vigulant there is not a problem and should go and enjoy your holiday
Well I'm off off on Sunday 17th for a fornight in Gumbet ....going to Istanbul for 4 days ok I am a wee bit worried but I plan to enjoy myself and stay off the dolmus and get taxi's instead ...all in all I'm looking forward to it BIG TIME ....been saving for a year for this one. Anyone going soon enjoy have fun and live life to the full no matter what happens :D
We are going Friday morning the 15th Sept to Marmaris and can't wait but agree Missmarty, we are going to try to avoid dolmuses. Happy holidays :lol:
i work in insurance and i defo know that my policy covers me for injury, hospital costs and money if i die (hope not though).

The only thing im not covered for is if i need to cut my holiday short or cancel it, you need to have had some died or seriously ill to do that.

I wish everyone would stop worrying tho, it kind of makes you feel glum if you think people are worrying.

My advise is take taxi's stay of the buses and keep on ya toes. The turkish police will be there to help

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL, to all you going this weekend im so envious im starting to get impatient and feel that 29th sept will never come :cry:
Celine, where you going? We fly out 22nd Sept we didn't meet up last year when we were meant to so if you're in Marmaris that week let me know where you are. If not have a great holiday and any others going soon
my husband and I just got back from marmaris this morning,we stayed at the club anastasia and we did a lot of walking and used the dolmus,s regularly, we was a bit weiry at first but everything was fine, I had thought about not going on holiday but now I glad we did go we had a great time but it was very quiet which is sad for turkey, we will deffinately be booking for next year, carnt wait kris x
We got back last night from Marmaris and things where fine.
We only used the dolmus once and was a nervous wreak so didn't use them again saying that everyone we saw was full so not everyone felt like i did.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
We have just booked to go to Marmaris on 9th October for 2 weeks. The bombs will not stop us enjoying ourselves, if they did we may never go outside our own homes 8)
glad to see others thinking on the same line as me
Off to Kalkan on Monday for two weeks. To be honest I'm more on edge when travelling to London than going back to Turkey.

We're guaranteed a warm welcome from old friends and never considered not going.
just back from altinkinum. no one seems to be alarmed. there is always a regular beat of policemen and women in the resort. i was watching from the beach and watched different turkish people look in the bins on the front. a chap was collecting bottles to recycle and two kids were collecting cans. and me at the end of the day saying to my better half, dont put that in the bins, dont go near them. by the second day i was putting litter in myself.
we gave the dolmus a cursory sweep as we got on them but other than that it did not put us off (the taxis are too dear). i am more frightened in meadowhall shopping centre in sheffield and trafford park shopping centre in manchester than in turkey. if your numbers up, its up wherever you are.
we were in marmaris when the bombs happened and my first thought was to go home..i am so glad we never otherwise we would of missed out on one of the best holidays we have had.Like most people i felt safer in turkey than i do at home in manchester.
Just got back from Club Cettia Apartments in Marmaris (see hotel report) , we were worried about going ourselves but we too found out it was safer than ever before our balcony was overlooking the main road in front of the apartments just up from Elvis's where the number 3 dolmuses runs over the 2 week period we quite often saw police sitting on the back seats which we found very reassuring, we said we would not go on them ever again but eventually did, there was also police controls stopping all traffic coming into Marmaris when we arrived which again was very re-assuring. Great fortnight and was glad we didn't jib out. :D
Like many others I holiday in Turkey year after year because it is a beautiful country, lovely friendly people and fabulous weather. The recent events certainly would not put me off travelling there - makes me even more determined to support the country. As other readers have said it can happen anywhere, anytime (I live in Central London) and am more worried here, especially when travelling with my 4 year old son...
Viva Turkey!

Clare
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.