Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
We were at the Bouganville twice last year and have book up again for this year. I emailed prior to going requesting a room on the second floor. We prefer the second floor as during busy times, ie meal times the lifts are so busy, therefore we use the stairs. You still have a nice view from that floor. Hope this helps.
We are going to the Bougaville Playa next week and I was going to email in advance to make sure we get the right room.

My husband will not go into a lift so we need a low floor overlooking sea/pool area.
Has anyone any recommendations as we have not stayed here before?

Thanks Marie
:D Hi!

We stayed in this hotel 5 months ago. (Fab hotel by the way!). As I hate Heights I emailed to ask if we could have a room on the second floor, with a pool view, which we got. Even thought it was on the second floor, it felt higher as there are three floors, under the first floor (if you understand what I mean! - the restaurant, etc...). I think if I was to go again I would ask for a first floor. The lifts are fine, although quite busy at meal times, so more times than not we use to walk down.

My mum stays at this hotel every year (and has done for past 10yrs), she always ask's for a room on the 9th floor :yikes - and her request has always been granted.

Have a lovely time. Enjoy!!
Hey BBB and pederson. Where did you book this hotel. I would like to book with hotel website but it seems a lot more expensive than any of the hotel agency type websites. Do you know of any where to look for decent deals on this hotel?
Hi Sunworshiper, we've always booked this hotel through Thomas Cook, and found them LOADS cheaper than the other Tour Operators. We've just booked for December 07 and TC was considerably cheaper than Thomsons, even though we've paid a fuel supplement with TC. We never have in flight meals and always get our own insurance, which brings the cost down a bit more too. We have tried to DIY direct with the hotel and getting our own flights, but it was more expensive than booking a package. :lol:
i think im right in saying they will acommodate you on arrival as well.... its not very busy either at the moment with british... mailny germans, and a lot of scandinavians!!! but hey dont let that put you off... its a real nice hotel, and in a great location..... happy holidays!
Hello Sunworshipper

We booked this hotel through Thomsons as a package holiday. I checked every other operator and worked it out if we went independantly as well and Thomsons were the cheapest!

Marie
Hey all

Thanks for tips. I actually have flights booked already as am coming from ireland but i checked the hotel only options with both of those operators just now. Both of them wanted 543 or 529 pounds half board for 5 nights for a double room. I thought that was a bit steep as it translates into nigh on 800 euros? Os is this the cost of the place?

Its for the 31st March to 5 th April. Its in Easter hols which is prob reason for the hike. Is there anywhere else worth checking for to book this place?

Thanks everyone again
catherine
:D Hi, we booked through Direct holidays last year, as did my mum, this was the cheapest travel operator. Having said that, direct holidays prices this year are much more expensive (They never use to be :cry: ). I'm finding Thomson prices much cheaper this year.

Mum booked last year for 2 adults half board 16-30 march £1300. Inc transfers. We payed £1600 for 3 last August.

Is it just the Accomodation, you are wanting?

Regards, BBB
:D Just a thought - but when pricing your accomodation, try http://www.hotelscomparison.com/ .They will compare prices with about 15 different companies, giving you the best price, I've used it on a number of occassions,and sometimes there's a couple of hundred pounds difference.

Good Luck, although like you say, the prices will be sky high for easter, and a lot of places may already be fully booked.

Regards, BBB
Like BBB we booked The Bouganville with Direct Holidays last year - Easter and July. They were by far the cheapest. We had a great time on both ocassions so much so we've booked with Direct again for this July. Again, they were much cheaper than First Choice and Thomas Cook.
Prior to arrival we emailed the hotel requesting a room on the second floor with a pool view and that is what we got!
Thanks a million for the advice- tried that hotel comparision site- its 680e half board I suppose that might be best i can do. Is the food a good standard went to bitacora food was fab would it be like that?
:D Hi sun seeker!

I can honestly say the food is the best, I have ever had at any hotel either at home or abroad.

The breakfasts are gorgeous : sausage, bacon, poached/scrambled/fried, eggs, beans, the biggest tomatoes you have ever seen. Or you can choose continental, they have hot pancakes, with a selection of different fillings (The choc one is gorgeous), loads of different cereals.museli, etc...Gorgeous breads too, - The Evening meals are lovely, too with a wide variety of choices (inc veggie), - steaks, salmon, pasta dishes - to be honest sunseeker, I could be here all night telling you of the different dishes they have, the choice is unbelievable!

As I mentioned in a previous post, my mum has been going here for the last 10 years or so, (and she is extremely fussy), she use to bang on so much about this hotel, that we decide to book last year! We were not dissapointed with any aspect of the hotel at all.

Any Questions, just ask.

Regards, BBB
I'll second that BBB - I am still trying to lose the half a stone I put on at the Boug at Christmas. The food really is lovely, and I thought was better than ever this year. Roll on December........ :D
Just had a look at that link andrea sent - offers the bouganville playa for 653 so better again. Also offers Las Dalias for 603. I wonder what that place is like. Am tempted to just go for bouganville. if I book this with the agency can i still email the hotel for to request say a room on a lower floor- hate lifts :omg

thanks for all help guys
One more question.. on one of these websites I saw two prices for what appears to be the same thing.. it was double/twin standard for one price and a little dearer for a double standard. Does this mean you dont get a double bed if you buy the cheaper one??
:D Sun worshiper - That is correct.

Personally I would forget saving an extra bob or two by booking the dalias, but that's just my opinion. Mum booked this hotel one year (Bouganville - fully booked), she hated it there, and was glad to get back home.

Regards, BBB
Hey

finally made booking- went with go2spain.co.uk thanks for all your help. I just sent an email to them to request a first or second floor with sea view then i realised that maybe these floors will be noisy with traffic. i hate lifts myself they freak me out though wouldnt mind a few extra stairs if it meant a bit of peace. What do you think should i change this to third floor??

many thanks again
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.