Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Car Hire
354 Posts
Thanks for that info, will seekout Petsas when we get there
1 more get up........... :D
Thanks for asking the Question, we are off to Protaras on 14th oct and i was hoping to do the same thing.
Ian
you lucky lucky thing margaret only 7 more sleeps for us.

do i have to haggle for a price at petsas or not we are staying at the toxotis so i think we get offered a discount anyway but just wanted to check!!
thanx in advance, lindsay
thanks for all the replies. mmmm still undecided what to do. had a fantastic day today in Pafos, went to the kato pafos park and tombs of the kings and visited the church (st Georges) that my friend got married in a few years ago.

The drive down there was lovely too, all very easy to do. There are so many other places I want to see and not enough time now. Definately going up to Nicosia (spelling?) on Tues before we go home.

You know I think we might just do it, even just drive to the walled part just to have a look.

let you know how we get on if we def go.
Jaime C :wave (thanks again!)
Check your insurance is covered for when you cross the border

I believe it normally isn't
margaretcarroll wrote:
will seekout Petsas when we get there
Probably too late, as you may well be on your way.
Seeking out Petsas (or anyone else for that matter) when you get there may well also be too late. Always get prices before you travel. You may well wear out a lot of shoe leather trying to find the best price.

lordy wrote:
do i have to haggle for a price at petsas
I never did. I emailed them for a price (ignore website prices), they were the cheapest for 2 or 3 years and have got my business every year since.
Nothing to stop you giving it a try, though.

Mark
Check your insurance is covered for when you cross the border

I believe it normally isn't
Check Jaime's opening post in this thread.
:oops: :oops: Sorry, ok ignore my post

There was me thinking i was doing good too.
thanks for that mark. i have just e mailed them and told them we are staying at their hotel too just in case!!! so we are just awaiting their reply. i will let you know the outcome. lindsay
we have been offered a toyota corolla or similar with a/con, full insurance, no excess crash waiver including vat £cy23 per day for 5 days is this good? then we pay £cy10 for the baby seat. lindsay.
To be honest, I've never hired for less than 2 weeks so I don't know much about prices for shorter hire periods. Hires over 7 days booked online get free CDW from Petsas.

If you've asked for a Corolla you'll probably get an upgrade to something further up the range. I always have done. The last 2 times I asked for a VW Polo without air c0n, got a Corolla with.

Mark
How long do the take to reply to a quote email? I emailed them first thing yesterday but no response as yet.
i e mailed them 2 nights ago and they responded yesterday morning but i replied to them lastnight and havent heard back yet so maybe they are busy today.
we booked a polo/yaris for 14 days and it was £16 cyp per day then amended it to 5 days only and it was £18cyp. and got an astra as well.

hth
We have used elephantrentacar several times and been very satisfied. Its not named after my mother in law!!
Hi can anyone tell me what Hire car companies operate out of Paphos Airport? I am going out there july 2008 for 2 weeks and require a 7 seater.
I know Easyrentacar do...... http://www.easyrentacarltd.com/

Give George a ring he will be able to help you. :)
Kath x
Hi
can anyone recommend a good car hire company within paphos airport (or who will deliver to the airport). also, with a website so that i can book on line would be good. I have found elephant rentacar so far.

Merged with existing car hire topic which should have the information you are looking for in earlier posts.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.