Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
i think if i hired a car again i would just use the rental place next to davidoff pub as i think it was cheaper than petsas and our petrol was included. we booked petsas last year at £23cp per day for five days then got charged an extra £30cp for petrol by the guy who delivered it and he forgot the child seat so we had to wait around for another half hour. lindsay :( :(
The majority of hire companies are charging for petrol.
Petrol included? What, a full tank, or just what was left by the previous hiree? ;)

Gawd, these new smilies are awful!!
Can we have the old ones back....PLEASE?
:wink: Much better!!

Mark
The old smilies are still available if you click on "View more smilies". ;)

luci :wave
it was included and it was a full tank she even told us to bring it back totally empty which we did and just post the car keys in through the special box by the door. i went with petsas last year as we were staying in the toxotis and everyone on here was raving about them. we left over half a tank of petrol as my dad was poorly on the day we were going to go to limasol and i thought petsas would refund us for it but no it wasn't and i bet they charged the next people for it!! :duh
Lordy.............can you remember the name of the hire company you used ? What were the prices and were the cars in good repair ?
i cant remember the name but it is the first shop you come to when passing the toxotis towards davidoff and windmills. we got a brand spanking new yaris with five doors and not a scratch on it!!! i paid by credit card for five days and when i got my statement back home it came to about £110 with all the charges. this was in june 2006. the lady was lovely and told us to help ourselves to as many maps as we needed. we went into her office at 10am to enquire about prices and she worked it all out and said while we got some breakfast she would get it filled with petrol for us and we could have it for the rest of that day free so really we got it for five and a half days!!!
I have just booked with economy car hire £170 for 2 weeks from Paphos Airport in May, all Inclusive insurance etc. Only had to pay a small deposit too. Small Fiat, but good enough for 2 of us.
Steve
Hi All

Can anybody on here offer some help please?

My Hubby, our two kids and I are off to Paphos again this year :tup

We are returning to the same Holiday Village on the sea front again, but this time doing it DIY as we appreciate the availability and pricing flexiblity (we very rarely use the Reps as we have been to Cyprus several times and know bits of the island quite well).

Last year we prebooked a RAV4 though Budget (Paphos Downtown) and was slightly disappointed (but the price was quite cheap in comparison to others). We had great fun with it but found the vehicle 'well used' and slightly older than we expected - in particular, we were disappointed the open top didn't close so the longer 'on road' drives were draughty.

The pricing structure between agents/companies web sites are quite wide - does anyone have any views on whether this reflects the quality/age - is there any criteria some hirers prioritise over others? - do any of you have experiences to share?

Any advise appreciated - Thanks

Smiles :)
I've used Petsas for years and have always had cars in as-new, pristine condition, with one exception.
Guess what....a RAV4 ragtop!!
The top on ours was fastenable with one catch, the other being U.S.

It may well be that "you gets what you pays for" in some instances, but the type of clientelle lured to a type of vehicle i.e. groups of young, single-sex, don't-give-a-damn-it's-not-mine types being lured to soft-top 4X4s could be a contributing factor to their condition!

In 20 years of hiring in Cyprus I've never had a problem.
Errr, apart from the time I managed to lock myself out of a Mazda 323! :oops:

Mark
Yes - have seen that name mentioned - I think that post included the comment along the lines of 'ignore the web prices and send him a mail!' :D - I shall look again at this based on your advice and 20 years experience - cheers!

There are a couple more names that come up a few times when searching here and I have googled them all ........ from your post it may seem the standard of RAV4 open tops is pretty much the same across them all, perhaps there would be no benefit of paying any more than we did last year?

Smiles :)
Weve used elephantrentacar . com for many many visits and theyve been great, but the website isnt the easiest to work out, so just send an enquiry and wait the reply.
Is it worth hiring a car in Cyprus or Hiring one over here in the UK? I,m going next weekend to Paphos.
Thanks ;)
It is a long way to drive if you hire here in the UK. :lol:

Seriously, I'd email a few companies to get a price. I wouldn't wait until I was actually in Cyprus to hire.

Mark
Haved used one or two different firms, but last year I used Petsas.........and did what Mark suggested and emailed them, they came back with a good price, and the guy was in his booth at Paphos Airport arrivals, and off we went to find a very nice VW Golf. Higher spec than we had asked for. So will go again with Petsas. Print out your email confirmation though to show them at airport, cause he thought our rate was several pounds higher...when I corrected him he was fine, just commented that I must have booked several months back.

Jay :angel2
Nice one, Jay.

We've always been upgraded, and I always take printouts of emails for everything I book via t'interweb.

Mark
Try booking with cyprus-car.com before you leave the UK, as they include a lot of extras in their price, such as full tank of petrol, named second driver and kids car seats, if you need them. They have added new Renault Meganes and Toyota Rav4s to their fleet this year, so these cars should be in pristine condition! The Cyprus-car site gives you a fixed online quote which is the price you pay on arrival, so no nasty hidden extras for a change.
Hi!
I'm travelling to cyprus in July and am looking to hire a car for a few days to go to troodos etc i'm staying in the constantinos the great in protaras and i'm looking for a local hire company - only problems are i need a car with space for a wheel chair/4 passengers and i'm 22. I've hired from Champion before but i'm just wondering if there are any other companies that hire to young drivers? (i've had my licence over 3yrs)

Thanks
Lisa
Hi everyone

Has anyone ever hired a car though Houlos Car Rental in Paphos? And if so would you recommend them?

Many thanks

Mummy07
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.