Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Visit http://www.alfagar.com for info on Alto da Colina - it's the partner hotel and has some great piccies! Click on `other accomodation`.
I have booked up to go in June, but has anybody seen the link below. It says:

note: The Alto da Colina will only be open between
30.01.05 and 30.04.05
(30.04.05 is the last day)

anyone know anything about this.

http://www.alfagar.com/alto_da_colina_ingles.htm
Hi,

30.04.05 is the last day, it's means that promotion price is until 30.04.05 and not the hotel will be closed at 30.04.05.

Kris
Thanks Kris,

I'm really looking forward to this holiday, accomodation looks superb.
We have just booked for these apartments may 19th 2005 for two weeks does anyone know the true transfer times and is it easy to get a taxi or best to hire a car :roll:
Hi,

We are going to book a hire car from the airport and drive ourselves, its worked ok for us for our prevoius holidays.

Clayton
Hi we are going 2nd two weeks in september and first choice have told us approx 25mins to 45 mins tranfer depending on route. hope this helps.
:P
I visted these apartments in late September 2004, I found them fantastic. The pool ara was cleaned daily and has two pools one for small children and a larger one with shallow areas.
The accomadation was fantastic with AC and so would recommend this to anyone. When we visited it was the end of the season and some aspects of the hotel were not open due to it only opening a few months earlier. The weather in late September was also great and reached 28-30 most days!!!

The only down side I would give is it is a trek to the beach if thats the holiday you are looking for as is Albuferia, which is a 20 min walk up hills. Other than that I couldn't fault it, the best holiday i have had in a long time!!
Just purchased an aprtment up the road from there, the weather was lovley at end of September/beg of October last year. Never saw a cloud all week and in the 30's. Turns a little cooler at night, missus wore a cardy. But was warm enough to eat out and I wore just a short sleeved shirt at night. We're off to Portugal again in April :)
Hello Sarah,
Can you tell us what the restaurant is like at these apts is it help your self or waiters serving you and do they do breakfast there. We are taking my parents one of which have some difficulties in walking, do you know of any good car hire nearby or are taxis freely available to take you into town. Any other info you have ie markets ect would be very helpful.
Thanks Leigh and Ken
We visited there late august, early September last year. The apartments had just opened, and they were absolutely fantastic, probably the best I've stayed in.

Absolutely spotless, excellent pool, good bar/restaurant. The rooms are huge, with satelite tv, kitchenette, dining area, cooker, microwave (not that you'll ever need it).

The only downside is the sheer drop to the beach from the Alfagar apts down the road. We found the best beach to get to was the one at Santa Eulalia which is to the left as you come out of Alto da Colina and go down the hill.
Hi Leigh & Ken There is a big market in Albufeira on the 1st and 3rd tuesdays
of the month. Thre is another big one in Quarteira every Wednesday which can be reached by local bus and the bus stops in Quarteira at the bus depot and the market is just higher up. Taxis are excellent value and are situated off the strip (Main Rank) or can be called by phone or stopped in the street. Enjoy your holiday and shopping expeditions. Regards Jayjan
Shopping Yuk :(
My missus make me go shopping when I've been norty :(
Hi all,

Just paid our final invoice so 10 weeks to go.

We are going to drive ourselves to the hotel from the airport. is it easy to find and is anyone able to post directions.

Many thanks

Clayton
(1) Follow the main road out of the airport bearing right passing Avis, Europcar and Auto Jardim. Follow this road for approximately 3.5 kms., following the sign to Portimão on the N125. This will take you across a flyover to join the dual carriageway.

(2)After approx. 4 kms you come to another flyover where the road forks.

(3) Take the right hand fork to Almansil/Quarteira on the N125. Continue along the N125 for about 9 kms. You will come to a large set of traffic lights.

(4) Go straight on for another 3.5 kms and you will come to another set of traffic lights

(5) . Go on for 2 kms until the road forks to the left

(6) . Take this left hand fork for about 10 kms. until you find the first possible round about

(7) . Go around it to the left for about 3 kms and you will find ALTO DA COLINA on your right

Have a nice flight.
Goncalo Duarte
Thanks gogas

These directions look great

Clayton
Thanks Jayjan,
Do you know if the resturant is waiter service or buffet?help yourself
Welcome Clayton

If you need I can send you a map from the airport to us.
I work @ Alto da Colina Front desk since opening last year, after finding this site I decided to create an account to help you all.

To all our future clients do not hesitate to contact us.

See you soon have a nice flight.

colina@mail.telepac.pt

this email goes directly to us, at the Front Desk.

Kind Regards, Gonçalo Duarte
:!: i am going to club alto da colina on the 4th June with family consisting of adfults, an 11yr old,an 8yr old and 2yr old what is there to do during the day or night, cheapest places to eat and shop, what is the beach like.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.