Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Has anyone been with a child small enough to need a cot?

First choice charge £70 a fortnite for a baby pack including high chair, steriliser etc etc, but all we will need is a cot for a 16 month old child.
hi Uj, that aint bad if your getting a free child place on your booking. ( But maybe not if your have supplements on for under occupancy) Lots of accommodation charge for hire of cot,highchair etc on top of the booking . At our house we have travel cot & highchair included within the price but the child is paid for in the initial booking.At the end of the day its extra bedding for laundry, cleaning costs etc. If we do give a free child place then they hire the cot, highchair at £15 per week for each item Cheers Jayjan
Jayjan, Thanks for the reply, i e-mailed the Alto and they say they will provide a cot free of charge if i e-mail them again 2 weeks prior to arrival.

Its for next year (got to plan ahead and make sure you get free child places in school holidays :D ) so there is no hassle.

Incidentally, we are going All Inclusive as the Alto are having an extension built for next summer to include a new buffet restaurant and more rooms. They are therefore offering both Self catering and All Inclusive in 2008 and the difference in price between the 2 is minimal.
Hu Uj,

We booked through First Choice online and if you add the infant (who are free anyway as under 2) to the booking the cot is automatic and free. I called FC and asked (twice) and they confirmed this. We travel in 3.5 weeks and like you only need a cot, NOT the whole shabang with sterilisers etc. Might be different with each apartment/hotel mind you.

Lummie :D
Have a great time. Stayed at Alto DC 2 years ago and had a wonderful holiday
hi
great hotel...resort rubbish
I am staying at this hotel on saturday 5th May for 1 week. Can anyone tell me do they have Hairdryers and Tea/Coffee Making facilities in the Rooms?
A quick reply would be most appreciated as I am about to start packing.
Many thanks
am staying at this hotel on saturday 5th May for 1 week. Can anyone tell me do they have Hairdryers and Tea/Coffee Making facilities in the Rooms?
A quick reply would be most appreciated as I am about to start packing.
Many thanks

They definatley had hairdriers in the bathroom.

The rooms are all aprtments with a very modern fully equipped kitchen so yes there are tea and coffee making facilities but you'll have to provide your own tea and coffee :D
I will be going to Alto Da Colina for school holidays in May 2007 and have just received info that there is building working, a new block of apartments. Has anyone just returned that can tell me if this is true and has it affected their holiday at all re-noise, what time the work begins, ends etc. I have been so looking forward to this holiday, but this seems to have put a bit of a disappointment to it.

I have a 14 year old and 7 year old, do the facilities cater for both these age groups. We will be self catering, if we decided to have breakfast at the hotel, what is on offer. I have read reviews that the food is good/bad/expensive/not much choice.

As you need to get a taxi or have a 25 minute walk into town, we were thinking of hiring a vehicle for 6, can anyone recommend the best/cheapest car hire service in Albufeira. I have been looking on the web and most of the vehicle prices are coming back quite expensive.
Hi Sueeliz,

I have always used http://www.economycarhire.co.uk when hiring a car but have never had to hire a 6 seater. They are reliable as are their cars and have no hidden extras. Try their site and see?

Lummie
This hotel is pretty good but the entertainment was disgraceful...singing the theme tune to neighbours and home and away is the pits....and out of tune!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.