Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi Guys , We are arriveing on the 20th of July and we can not wait. :D
Really looking forward to it, we arrive at about 10 pm on the thursday night and we are wondering is there anywhere nice to grab a bite to eat.As it seems the Food and service on site in the complex are not great.

Any suggestions.

Thanks.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
im not too sure about getting something to eat at that time, there is martins 10 min down road but i dont no if they serve at that time, plus thats the last thing you want to do when you first get there go searching for a place. an idea for you in the reception there is a chienese takeaway menu give them a ring and they will deliver straight to your room.
We got to the Alto at 9PM on a Thursday night and had something to eat in the hotel snack bar at about 9.45 PM and also got some supplies from the hotel supermarket.

The supermarket was supposed to close at 8PM but they kept it open late as they knew a lot of guests would be arriving late on Thursday night as Thursday is the busiest airport day.

I also had a meal in the entertainment room/snack bar after 10PM one night when we couldn't decide whether to eat out somewhere or eat in the hotel so made a late decision.
Thanks Guys , What was the Snack Food in the Bar like.??

Most reviews of Food on site is that it is not that great.

Also can you reccomend a few places either in the old Town or close by for Food.

Thanks Again :o :o :o
Thanks Guys , What was the Snack Food in the Bar like.??

Most reviews of Food on site is that it is not that great.

Also can you reccomend a few places either in the old Town or close by for Food.

Thanks Again

I personally thought the food was quite nice.
Not a fantastic range, but a large variety of Pizzas, Omelettes, toasties, pasta, steak etc. Nothing startling, but certainly not horrible. You sometimes had a job to attract the waiters attention to take your order as there weren't really enough of them, but they were all friendly and worked very very hard.

We didn't eat in the A la carte restaurant but did try one of the themed buffet nights that they had on the terrace and the food from that was lovely.

Due to our daughters love of the mini disco we didn't eat outside of the hotel very often at all.

We had a poor meal at Little Britain (service etc great, just very tough steak), we had a nice meal at Cafe Atlantique which is at Santa Eulalia Beach and is well worth a visit and we also had a lovely meal at Wild and Co which is a big pub at the very bottom of the strip that has an a la carte restaurant upstairs.

I can really recommend you try Wild and Co, it isn't cheap but the food and surroundings are very trendy and very nice.
i have been poorly since i have been back, just found out from doctors i have had food poisioning called campbylabacter, which i got while i was on holiday, the enviromental health are getting involved trying to trace it back, just be carefull.
doza yeah it was me who said the blonde haired girl in the supermarket was so mardy.you cant get to no some one if they dont even speak!she was the only 1 at the hotel who was mardy like.never smiled said please or thank you or anything
you probably got food poisoning from the hotel smiler, all my food burgers and meat werent hardly cooked they was only slightly warm.swear i heard the burger moooing
hi sarah, shireen here. hope your not feeling too bad. thanks for the picture of the kids its lovely. just thought i'd post my remarks about our holiday as they are bit different to carls. I enjoyed the food but there isn't much food i dont like. i didn't like the walk to the strip at all would have been much better if the hotel was closer as a walk out at night would have nice (but not too far) The hotel i couldn't fault at all. the staff were great and cleanliness of the place was really good. We were only there a week and i wish we had gone for 2 now i wasn't ready to come home. for a family holiday with plenty activities it has everything. If it was closer to the strip it would be worth returning to in the furture. xx :lol:
doza yeah it was me who said the blonde haired girl in the supermarket was so mardy.you cant get to no some one if they dont even speak!she was the only 1 at the hotel who was mardy like.never smiled said please or thank you or anything

The first 2 mornings she never spoke, never smiled etc.
The third morning i went down and the shop wasn't open and she was just setting up and moving the big metal display things outside (and struggling). I asked her if she needed a hand to set up as the displays were heavy and she said no it was okay, i asked her again if she was sure as they were heavy but she again refused and said she was okay.

After that every day she was lovely to me, always smiled and spoke to me and also came over and held open the glass bread cabinet as it usually wouldn't stay open by itself.
Can anyone tell me anythin about the hotel / appartments Club Alto Da Colina? What are the rooms like? also can you tell me what the entertainment is like? Many thanx
hi welcome.....have you seen the members reviews? take a look in the hotel review forum in the crete thread !

wizard
Hi Lizzy, if you go lower down the page there is a topic on Alto da Colina the last posted topic is dated the 8th july, lots of info from people who have previously stayed there. Cheers Jayjan
Hiya i am going to the Club Alto Da Colina on the 17th August, can anyone tell me what the weather? Entertainment? ect? is like..
wondered what the prices are like in the complex for beer and wine?
Wont be going far cos hubby cant walk far didnt realize it was so far to the nightlife and entertainment.

what is the entertainment like on the complex ?
wondered what the prices are like in the complex for beer and wine?
Wont be going far cos hubby cant walk far didnt realize it was so far to the nightlife and entertainment.

what is the entertainment like on the complex ?

It was either €3 or €3.50 for a pint of Sagres iirc.

Don't know about wine.

Food on site was pretty cheap as well and the entertainment was okay, but obviously along the same theme as all package holiday hotels where there are lots of kids ie Kids Mini Disco, Followed by Bingo and then either an outside entertainer or a reps show or one night we had a Race Night with videos of horse racing that you could bet on.
Can anyone tell me if there is a real problem geting taxis to the old town and back please? It seems that people were queueing for ages, is that at the hotel or at the old town or both? Also does the hotel supermarket make sandwiches to order? One last question...where and how to get to good local restaurants? Thanks!!!
Suzyyy if you want the telephone number of the local taxi rank send me a private message and ill let you know, ring them direct and it maybe quicker than booking through the hotel.Cheers Jayjan
Didnt have problems with Taxi from old town. There was a queue but there seem to be so many taxis in the area that you never have to wait too long. The most I ever waitied was about 10 minutes.

Shop doesnt make sandwiches to order.

There are a few restaurants within a 10 minute walk. Other that that you have to go to the strip which is about a 25 minute walk. However you would find some restaurants about 15 minute walk away sort of at the start of the strip area near the Chinese.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.