Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
transfer time?
292 Posts
It only takes about 30 minutes from airport to hotel. Depends what part of England you are flying from. We flew from Southern Ireland on the south coast and it only took about 2.5 hours.
It only takes about 30 minutes from airport to hotel. Depends what part of England you are flying from. We flew from Southern Ireland on the south coast and it only took about 2.5 hours

I would both agree and disagree with that.

We were on our bus for 40 minutes before we actually moved and this was 20 minutes after the last person got on (we were by no means first either).

It then took about 30/40 minutes going as we were first drop off, but on our return we picked up about 5 times including a detour into Vilamoura so it took about 1 hour 15 minutes.

Flight time from the uk was supposed to be 3 hours but it only actually took 2.5 hours.
We were the 1st drop off. Straight from Airport to Hotel. Did have to do the Vilamoura detour on way back. Bus was almost full leaving ADC and had to drive to Vilamoura to pick up 2 people.
waterford or anyone is the balaia 9 hole golf course close by.thanks
Brad, it is only about a 10 minute walk.
3 DAYS! counting the hours now.looking at weather in portugal says chance of rain for thurs and not as hot as here :( anybody else going this week? waterford or any one else no how much the golf costs? and how far away is the zoo marina? and is the swimming with dolphins worth the money there? some one said 80 pounds or 80 euros i think on here.one more thing is there any bars/pubs at all near the hotel or are they all in town?
Benny, I will try and answer as many of your questions as possible. Dont know anything about the golf.

Zoomarine is about a 20 minute drive away. Great day out. Havent done the swim with Dolphins, people who have done it says it was well worth the money. I think 80 euro was the price and not stg.

There is a sister hotel across the road as you are heading into the strip. I cant recall the name and you can get a meal there. We also had a meal in a place called Martins about a 10 minute walk away on the way to the strip. As you reach the main road, you turn right to the strip even though we didnt do it you can also turn left and there are some restaurants in that direction. I think you would start to reach some resturants and pubs about 15 minutes from ADC and they well start before you reach the strip.

Hope this helps. If the weather is a little cool make sure you bring some light long sleeved tops because it is located at the top of a hill and get rather breezy and chilly at night even when we were there in July.
Swimming with the Dolphins is well worth the money. :D It costs 130 euro, and the price includes your own zoo marine towel and flip flops and for an extra 30 euros you can have a DVD or Video of you doing all the bits you do with the dolphins and photos. No child under 8 is allowed to swim with them, but you are allowed spectators.

The sister hotel is called The Alfagar and you can get a nice meal there and head that way for the beach.

If you want another great day out whilst there go for the Jeep safari as long as you don't have kids under 4 its a fantastic day out.

Have a fab time. :lol:
The Balaia 9 hole golf course is literally right next door.

We could see people playing golf from the front door of our apartment and there are also apartments and bungalows in the golf complex.

It probably will take about 10 minutes at most to get in though, as you have to walk down to the main road and turn left to get to the main entrance.
thanks for all the info :lol: will pack some jumpers then,thought middle of june would be well warm enough over there in t-shirt at night
thanks for all the info will pack some jumpers then,thought middle of june would be well warm enough over there in t-shirt at night

In mid may i wore shorts and t-shirts at night, but to be fair it did get quite chilly as soon as it got dark no matter how hot it was in the daytime.
Hi,

Myself and my partner will be staying in the Alto da Colina for 2 weeks from the 1st of July.

I was just wondering if generally people recommend hiring a car? And if it is possible to hire a car from the resort instead of collecting from the airport? Approximate distance to the beech and strip on foot?

Also are there any minimum check in times at the resort when u first arrive?

Really looking forward to going.

Thanks for your help.
only few hours to go 3.45 fly thursday .not looking forward to it as much now, weather looks crap for next few days when were there says chance of rain for 1st few days and only 21c :x
Dont worry benny we were told the same thing we went for a week (1st june-8th june) said it would rain for first three days but didnt rain once was around 80 :sun so fingers crossed you will have a great time, we didnt want to leave reps really friendly as were hotel staff, really clean nice rooms (waiters a bit slow) :bhead just give em a nudge lol

have a great time :glynis :wave

Debz

Oh BTW Claire 121 if your gonna watch the footy Come On England!!!!

Go to the old town bout 10-15mins by cab bout 10 euros there is a great english pub called jojo's they will be watching all footy macthes for sure and it's right near the beach only wish i was still there :bawl

Have fun all :pele
When we were there last year in July, we had the one days rain that the Algarve had in about 6 months and the following day was overcast. On the overcast day we went to Zoomairine and It was great to do it without the sun beating down on you.

On the Wet day we went to Algarve Shopping, bad idea, the whole of the Algarve had the same idea. It took us about 1.5 hours to travel about 8 miles. There is a back road you can take by the Marina in Albufeira and we came home in about 10 minutes.

Even if the weather isnt so good for a few days the reps still lay on plenty activities.
thanks for that! hope your all right .best go and get ready now mini bus coming soon for us.. will let you all no how we got on when we get back.will let you no how good it is brad .byeeeeeee :wink:
Hi all ,

We are Travelling on July 20 for 2 weeks , and were wondering about the kids club for our 5 yr daughter and if there is a creche for our 16 month old baby boy.

Anybody got any info on this as in Cost & when they are on. Ans if anybody has actually used them, did the kids enjoy and so on.

Also did anybody hire and High Chairs on site.

:D :D

Thanks.
where is the best place to change your travellers cheques,club alto or go into albufeira, thanks 8)
Hi isodob......my girlz loved the kids clubs they r 11 and 4 they could'nt wait for the next session..it's free inc in your holiday just a few nights they charge around 10 euros for pizza/mc donalds and dvd night... the creche is a cost, i think it's by the hr not quite sure how much around the 10 euro again i think but dont quote me on that tho..

Hope u ava great holiday we did...
:wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.