Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
thanx brad
292 Posts
biker here just wanting to no if theres any decent motorbike hire places near the hotel?
biker here just wanting to no if theres any decent motorbike hire places near the hotel?

To be honest there isn't a great deal other than other hotels and apartments near to the hotel, certainly didn't see a motorbike hire place.

my daughter is still in a cot. I have booked a one bedroom apartment and I was wondering if a cot will fit in the bedroom. I know the lounge area is big,

Yes the rooms are big enough.
brad31 we will have a great time, will let you no what its like when we get back.benny47 you were right my sons chix pox are slowly dissapearing fingers crossed they will have gone.9 days to go, cant wait
im so down in the dumps, and i should be so excited 1 week to go. But as you no my son as chix pox he will be clear for when we go, but at the back of my mind i keep thinking im going to get them of him, because i only had a mild dose as a child. someone cheer me up. i will feel alot better wed night because we travel first thing the next morning. fingers crossed. on my honeymoon i got food posioning so i guess im just waiting for something to happen again.
last year are 2 year old had them and are 7 year old it was the worse time ever for us no sleep had to take kid to hospital because she was crying so much.i just let her watch teletubbies alltime and gave her calpol to keep her temp down.rub vitamin e cream on the spots aswell aslong as the skins not broken.once spots are healed then your childs not infectious.its not worth worrying about it what happens will happen if you worry about it or not.look at this way your child will be ok by time u go on hols even if u did get it it wouldnt totally ruin your hols, but if ur kid had it on hols u would have to be in hotel room with them all hols cos they wouldnt wana go out in sun and u,d be nurseing them alltime.would be harder to look after your young child than yourself.i went on loadsa websites when kids had them looking for best things to do
Dont worry about the chickenpox. I spoke to my brother who is a doctor. Firstly, the sun will help dry up the remaining scabs on your son and will do him no harm at all, and secondly, I have never had chickenpox, but both my children have and obviously I am in very close proximity to them but I never got them!!! Think positive, if you had a mild dose as a kid there is only a v.v. slim chance of you getting them. Enjoy your holiday and pack some calamine lotion just in case. I am flying out on the 8th and cant wait. Start getting excited !!!!!! I know I am !
Claire did you get the pictures.
yo smiler about 18 months ago,little lad got chickenpox quite mild,but little girl got and was riddled with had to stay in hospital for couple of days.BUT IT NOT GET ME OR MY PARTNER, SO STOP WORRYING AND START THINKING ABOUT ZOO MARINE,BEER BY THE POOL,NO WORK, :D
thank you guys , youve cheered me up abit, i cant wait to go 8th june he we come, i have looked at temp this weekend in portugal it reaches 35c, only 4 more days to work i get up at 4.30am to go to work i certainly wont be missing that when im away. thank you all again
Thanks so much for the pictures of ADC. I have the view from your balcony of the pool as my new screensaver, everytime I turn on my computer I get excited!!! 7 sleeps to go
:D tickets have come today only 13 more days!!! counting down the hours ! theres good pics of the hotel and its grounds on its site http://www.altodacolina.com pools look great and the astro turf footie pitch and running track are great aswell. smiler your coming back same day as me are you flying back to leeds/bradford? if so u,ll be on same plane back as us.how long u going for claire? if its 2weeks u,ll be there same time as us aswell
benny we are going back to manchester, cant wait cases packed, im sure you will regonise us, barnsley shirts and england shirts come over and say hi.how come you not going from doncaster airport?
yeh will come over av a pint wiv u all,didnt go from donny b,cos first choice not flying from there yet.when we get in hotel i reckon will be about 9pm.will take cases straight to room and make way to bar .we fly at 3.45 so i will miss the england v trinidad@tobago game.but will be there for england sweden game
Benny 47 please see terms of posting and DO NOT use phone text style abreviations any future use may see your post being deleted

wizard
I fly out on Thursday for 2 weeks from Edinburgh. I am English but married a scotsman, so if you see a lone female watching the england games in the hotel bar, that will be me. And if you see a guy and his son wearing Italy, Germany, Argentina or Brazil tops, that will be my other half and my son!!!! I might manage to sneak in an England towel into my suitcase tho!!!!!!!!
claire i will watch out for you, there are 11 of us going wearing england or barnsley tops, we will arrive about lunch time on the 8th, see you soon.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.