Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
So I don`t need my Thermos and Kendal Mint Cake after all?

Good...........more room for the Jam & Banana butties! :lol: :lol:
Hi jsmith99 :lol: nice to know I am not the only one who has turned down a week in Spain. I don't think we have missed much maybe we will be offered the same cruise in 2006. I am interested to know if anyone has accepted but with no information about what was actually on offer I think we made the right decision I don't like the idea of buying a pig in a poke. I would appreciate you keeping me up to date with any developments. Two of us might have a bit more clout if the phone calls don't materialise.
:?: Carol
Good Afternoon Happy (?) Cruisers :( :( :( :(
Lilac Labrador has a point in her (?) question

"Does anybody know when was the last time anyone actually got offered a cruise, feels like weeks ago now".

Today, I telephone Rise travel (as it is in excess of 21 days since ???? so graciousley rang me with the good news). They are calling me back today ! ! I am not taking odds.

It is so hard to be kind, any news from the legal eagles ?

I've just booked my train ticket to Manchester, It's cheaper to fly to Prauge than take a train to Manchester (will that comment be pulled in case Vigin Trains take exception to such a true staement)

I am suffering from withdrawel symtoms. Bring back HT it should be renamed Home Truths with a signiture tune of 'Lets get kicking'.

Depressed, where'has that tanker got to
Phil Morris

Edit to remove staff name - luci, HT Mod
Hello Phil

Yes I can confirm I'm definitely a her!!!

Juliet
Thanks to the paper, I due to sail on the Melody on 30th May. There was a choice of two dates but one was July when I am booked on the QE2. I could have upgraded to one of the others but this will suit me for a week.

The contact at R/Travel was very efficient at taking the booking and, I was told that all numbers they had for credit/debit cards had been destroyed when cruises were cancelled.

Maureen H
Well done Maureen, best news of the week!
Well done Maureen, best news of the week! I can hear Clff Richards 'Congratulations'. :gluck
:pele :pele :pele :pele :pele
Whatever happened to the 'Line Dancers Cruise ? :pele :pele :pele :pele

Anyone one else any good news ??

No return phone call, as promised (are we allowed to say that....)
Bemused - Befuddled and Bug....d off

Where is that Tanker :?: :?: :glynis

Byeeee for now, off to Manchester on Tuesday - :idea: I'm so excited they may offer me a cruise there and then :?:

phil morris
Phil,
Whatever happened to the 'Line Dancers Cruise' ?

There are two of us HT members going now so that makes me feel a whole lot better about it......not that I want a partner so I can participate! I don't know how Katie feels about it but I shall be at the far end of the ship.
Alli
Fantastic news Maureen, i'll have a drink to you :wow :hyper :wow
Brilliant news Maureen, I'm so pleased you are now sorted out. :pele Let's hope there is good news for more people soon.

I do hope everyone is remembering to post in the new threads of 'no news' 'allocated' and 'confirmed'. Everyone I have spoken to thinks the mods have been fantastic in getting involved on our behalf and we owe them a debt of gratitude, so the least we can all do is give their lawyers any ammunition they may need.
Nice one Maureen http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/1055.gif

At least we know cruises are still being allocated........slow but sure is better than not at all!

Tony
Hi

Great to hear cruises are still being booked, well done Maureen. What flight/transfers have you been given?

NB there is a spare date in July!

Now how about that free flight with the Gallo Wine?

Phil you might want to check out the R***/flight threads, a little old but at least still there.They will help with the withdrawal symptoms.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1050
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8736

Kay you asked had anyone got their allocated cruise, the answer is that Explorer (Colin) has. He is the only one to have the same date and cruise as was on his allocation letter.
Lavenderlill managed to get A LOUIS cruise but it is in April and her allocated date was September. (MSN seem to have more cached pages!)

Peter
Hi Maureen,

Great news but could you please confirm that your cruise and date to sail were finalized today (Thurs 3rd) as you don't mention a date.

Regards,

Silver Arrow
I am suffering from withdrawel symtoms. Bring back HT it should be renamed Home Truths with a signiture tune of 'Lets get kicking'.

It would have been nice phil to sit in a studio with John Peel and wander through our weary tale. I was in his presence at a live thing in London, many years ago and have always held him in high esteem. He is truly missed.
Dizzy
Hi Dizzy

I'm not sure what the connection is that you are making in your last note. Are you saying that John Peel works for a well known travel company? Or are you inferring that it just seem that way?

SA

:-)
Hi, its great to hear that more people are getting their cruises confirmed. Mine is also confirmed, however what seems to bother me is from looking at what other people have stated in their confirmations, it still seems that people are paying different prices for upgrades on the same ship! When my booking was confirmed I was told there was a minimum price to upgrade to a different ship, however it looks like people have payed less than this! Not sure if i am allowed to talk about this but i'm mot mentioning any names or making speculation, just reading fact as already written.
:? :? :? :?
Hi, sorry for the confusion Silver arrow and anyone else. Phil Morris in an earlier posting mentioned a couple of things, which can only mean that he was a "Home Truths" listener on Radio 4 at 9am every Saturday morning. The main presenter was the late, great, John Peel.
Give the programme a listen sometime, you will get the gist of the post.

Dizzy
:) :)
Thank you for the good wishes. Peter, I fly to Milan with BA at 7.35am and return from another Milan Airport at 18.50. Those are the only flights they could get. I should be given a transfer to Genoa. I have paid £10 but I shall have to stay overnight at Heathrow on the way.

Silver Arrow

The dates are 30th May to 6th June. That is agood time of year for the Med. I see the itinerary includes Naples. WhenI went there before was on a cruise ship. I decided to go for a walk but the traffic was terrible and it was scary to cross any road. As a result, I went back to sunbathe on the deck!

Someone mentioned the Gallo Flights. I was eventually told I could have one but it was of no use as I could not get my first choice, Miami and by the time I had paid the charges and internal flight, I might just as well pay full fare!

Remember, I did as Watchdog said and 'phoned the paper. I had to buy a copy so that I could use the number on the back page and then asked for Marketing.

Maureen H
Hi Maureen

Please remember to post in the following topic:

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=24340

BTW the telephone number for the paper is in the Useful Link and Info thread, no need to buy it. :wink:

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.