Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
differing reasons = are that i used to work on the rise travel helpline, please dont hurt me though or string me up for the cat and nine tails as i was only temping there. you would not believe how hard that job is. :cry: :bhead :bawl
Hi MEH
When R*** left a message on my answerphone 22 days ago to say they would contact me within 21 days, he said it was in response to my e-mail to the D**** E******, so it does seem to do some good but I think they must mean 21 working days. At least I hope they do as that would still be any time now.
Shimmey69
So you've abandoned ship!! Tell us more, please........you must have some insight into such things as discrepancies in pricing for supplements and transfers etc.? As 'the certain firm' wasn't mentioned on Watchdog what prompted you to have a look on HT site? Sorry for all the questions, but you have inside information (but of course you will have to be careful what you say).
Hi Shimmy,
No fear of corporal punishment here! Especially if you can enlighten us!
Shimmy69,

you would not believe how hard that job is.

Oh Yes we would!!!!!!

Welcome, and thanks for being honest about your recent involvement.you didn`t have to do that so we appreciate it. That background also makes your posts and personal opinions somewhat more interesting.......PMs and email addresses are available on profiles if the public domain is too limited.

I`d have thought HT Admin/Mods would appreciate a little chat.........

......Now, where did I put those thumbscrews? :rofl

TonyW (AKA The Interrogator) :lol: :wink:
:o I have just had a call at work from a very nice person from R***** who said " i am sure you don't want to wait until 2006 for your cruise so I am offering you a weeks all expenses paid in Spain this year. Had to think fast, not my best talent but decided it was a cruise I had saved the vouchers for and that is what I would wait for. I was then told I would be contacted between July and September, this year I hope, to arrange my cruise. Hope its far away as the Med in winter doesn't, excite me. Has anyone else had or accepted this offer? not sure i made the right choice :roll: carol
Shimmy69 We can not allow you to post what your experiences through working with this company.

No-way.

And members please do not ask them to post such information on the forum.

:roll:
Glynis,
Oops sorry, the temptation to find out more was just a bit too great. I promise not to ask any further leading questions on the off-chance that I may be made to walk the plank!
Alli :oops:
JennieL wrote:

It's a shame that company that cannot be mentioned can't get us all together on one ship for the same week. We would have such a laugh..........

Jennie - why does it have to be a ship? Just because you've found your sea legs, doesn't mean you are on a higher level than us landlubbers who may never get a cruise!
Just wanted to check I assume that, when registering a consumer complaint with Watchdog, the best place to comment about this cruise offer is in the Holidays > Cruises section. Is that the same section that other people here have been selecting?

It is all very well Watchdog suggesting that we contact the Daily Express, but when we have already done so and have had no response, I think they need to know about this.

PS For the second time, R*** have just failed to reply to me within 21 days after receipt of my email.
I've just had the same phone call as Carol Russell - would I like to stay with a £10 cruise, or have a week's holiday in Spain? Unfortunately, the nice young lady from wherever she was had no details of where or when in Spain, so i said I'd stick with the cruise. She then said I'd be contacted between July and September!

I asked if she could confirm this in writing, as, despite two requests, I've not yet been informed that my allocation on an April Louis Line cruise had been cancelled.

Who knows what i turned down ... still, story of my life, that.

Jim
Hi Folks

After Williams fun & safe return I think I am next in line for my DE Cruise?

This will be the first known one to the Caribbean & it's with NCL on the Sun for 7 days from 9th April...

>Miami, FL
>George Town, Grand Cayman
>Roatan, Bay Islands
>Belize City, Belize
>Cozumel, Mexico
>Miami, FL

I am flying from Manchester to Miami on 8th April (think there may be something royal happening on that day, so hope the Airport remains open & flight gets off on time so I don't have to watch the dreary event in the departure lounge!)

I have received written confirmation from ****, which looks in good order, and have paid for my extras - cabin upgraded to an outside one up a few decks & some extra days in Miami Beach when I get back from the Cruise.

Doubt if I will ever have the chance to do this again, so thought I would make the most of it. If anyone has done a similar trip please do let me have any tips, especially what to do in Miami Beach, or what not to do :oops:

All I am waiting for now from **** is the final cruise documents that are due by end of this month.

PS. This has actually cost me a lot more than I reckoned. I was feeling so guilty at having the opportunity of going on this adventure alone that I have booked myself and the Mrs on the QE2 Med Cruise from Southampton in July. :D
Wallecan,

Just spotted your avatar....nice one! A true believer! :lol:
Does anybody know when was the last time anyone actually got offered a cruise, feels like weeks ago now.
I havethe first two pages of the original advertisement if it is of any help. It goes as far as halfway through number 12 on the terms and conditions.

I'm booked on the Med cruise on the QE2 as well.

Maureen H
Here's a question for all you experts from a cruise virgin (virgin cruiser?):

William mentioned the two formal suppers. Is it compulsory to go?

If you don't go, and to avoid starvation, is it recomended to sneak a hook and line on to the ship to toss over the side in the hope of catching something edible? (assuming cooking facilities are available - or should one take a primus stove, too? Is there room to do a fry-up in an inside cabin?).

Perhaps, these questions are a bit previous, as I'm not actually booked on a cruise. But I feel the departure date is soon to become a reality (well, one person has been and others have dates in the offing - let's hope for their sakes that there are no tsunamis, hurricanes, typhoons, gales, snow..... this month. Or we'll all be put back to 2009!).
Hi Cruiser,
If you are allocated the Melody, you can hide in the bars while everyone else is dining - I don't believe the crew will shackle you and force you to go! You will be able to surface around midnight for the feast. I understand there is a midnight buffet served daily!
Alli
Many thanks, Alli. That's a great relief. Looks like it'll be the Melody (if I cag the choice.

C
Sorry, that should have read: if I GET the choice.

Don't know what went wrong, but it'll teach me not to be too cocky to use the Preview feature!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.