Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi William, good to have you back, and glad you had such a fantastic time around the Canaries. Thanks for keeping in touch while you were out there.

Good old Thomson's, arranging a taxi for you like that.

Now get the hot water bottle out, get warm and tell us about the cruise after a good night's sleep! :)

I look forward to reading about your adventures!
Welcome home William. I am so glad you had a fantastic time and we have been following your reports with the greatest of interest.

I've posted in the 'confirmed' site as requested, and added that my cruise was now to the Med for £60 whereas the original allocation had been Caribbean. I think it may be useful if we do that, as it may help your lawyers.
William,

Glad you had a great time :ghug

You will have to let us know the important stuff like : The cost of :glynis on board the ship.

What you need to take for dinner (clothes not food) etc. :bow

Also let us know when you get your own photo site set up so that we can all see how much fun you had :pele

Mike
Welcome home, William (and Jennie L and her mum). Thomson's certainly turned up trumps.

Tony W

Captain of which cruise ship ....?

Maureen H
Hi William

Welcome back, can't wait to hear all about it - sorry you had to come home to such awful weather.....

Thanks for keeping Magsy up-to-date - we all enjoyed her input, and it helped us feel that these cruises will one day be OURS......

Fay
I had a long discussion with the lawyers yesterday. They are willing to read through all 5000+ posts of which we are in the process of forwarding.

There's nothing stopping members talking about what is happening with their cruises. We have been told by lawyers that this is fine as long as nothing defamatory is written.

To be on the safe side I wouldn't mention any staff member by name and just stick to facts.
Tony W

Captain of which cruise ship ....?

Maureen..........Rms Cynical of course (Formerly the Rms Hopeful).

Glynis.............sounds good. So business as normal on this topic but just keep it within the boundries of facts and supported opinions rather than naming and shaming.

William.....FANTASTIC. Like I said before, one down 39,999 to go!!

Ref:(As per figures provided by the company involved on Watchdog, National Television)

Tony
William

I hope the members dont object to me sending a big thank you card to Emma at D/E.

Why should anyone object mate? We should not get over defensive here........being sensible does not mean that we have to be scared of our own shadows.

As far as I can see, contributors to this forum have been keen and quick to praise the people in the different companies who have performed well, been efficient and given good customer service to the DE Cruise applicants.

It is only someone who sees themselves in the latter group who could possibly be upset by criticism.......I can`t see anyone running to their lawyer for being thanked and complimented on the great job they did!!

From what I have seen, that person is one of the few who have performed with a good attitude and results.

If you`re sending flowers, stick a daisy in for me. :D

Tony
me too :thanks you moderators and admins do a fantastic job
I'm glad we can discuss the £10 holiday offer again and offer suggestions to those still without an offer, especially as William has had such a lovely time and we are eagerly anticipating the same for everyone else! :D

It is interesting to see the cost of the cruises all listed together in the new thread. There are only a few at the moment but it is already highlilghting the anomolies in pricing, especially regarding transfers/supplements for flights! :roll:

Magsy, you will be able to enjoy some more number crunching soon and work out all sorts of statistics for us. :!: :!:
  • Edited by allisu 2005-02-26 13:40:43
Just posted my confirmed cruise on the new thread........looks like there are a lot more who have yet to do the same in all three categories.

Come on boys and girls, we are quick enough to moan about the thread being pulled from the site, let`s give HT lawyers the tools they need to get it sorted out or it is going to look like the other side were right about us being a small band of whingers.

Anyone who is not yet a member but is following this forum, PLEASE join and post your details if you have applied/not heard/been allocated/confirmed a cruise through the Daily Express £10 cruise offer.

By the number of guests that show, it seems to me that the silent majority are indeed out there.....come into the fold my little ones!! :D

It`s free, it`s fun, it`s anonymous (in the public domain) and it might well help you get that cruise.......or you might just help someone else by contributing.

Cheers,

TonyW
Magsy, you will be able to enjoy some more number crunching soon and work out all sorts of statistics for us.

I can almost hear Magsy sharpening her pencil as we speak!! :rofl
GOOD MORNING EVERYONE.
Luci was correct when she gave me a brief idea,what to expect,from this cruise.Iwill give more details in [Cruise Review].Only one word can describe it fantastic
JennieL will agree with a lot i say,or at least i hope she will[Ha Ha].But not to rub salt into the wounds of those who are still waiting for confirmation.To me this cruise will live in my memory for ever.I have had some nice holidays,but this was just more than a holiday.Being a pensioner,it was beyond my wildest dream to ever experience something like this.
I could not find fault anywhere.Everyone down from the captain,to to cabin steward's, where brilliant.The restaurants,and staff,are also included in that.
The food,was out of this world.Entertainment first class every night,different show.
To those who are still waiting good luck.To those who are confirmed as definite,If your cruise is half as good as mine was,you will also have a good time

Mike C. Drinks where very reasonable,no more than you will pay at home maybe cheaper.
Dress Depends on your cruise.But if you have a gala night and captains cocktail party,it looks nice to dress to impress.Evening suit,or dark suit,and bow tie.During the day just casual.We got a newsletter each evening saying what the events where next day,and suggested,dress for evening.
Sorry but dont know how to make a photo site.But by the time i get my lots of photo's developed,i will try and find out.
Just a brief idea of wat my cruise was like.More detailed one later in cruise review.
William.
TonyW, Allisu, what have I missed! I will have to instantly go hunting!
That's what I get for having an early night for a change! That will teach me!
Just thought i would mention. JennieL H/T member,was not on a D/E offer cruise.
But still a lovely lady, and very good company.
William.
William,

We are all `chuffed` for you mate.......it has whetted my appetite even more! Can`t wait for the piccies....don`t forget the Computer section of HT if you want to know about setting it up.

Magsy........we`re talking about the 3 new topics at the top of the Cruises Index to summarise the status of DE cruisers. You will be in your element Hun`.

So many numbers and so little time to crunch them! :rofl

Tony
Hi William, welcome back, so glad you enjoyed your holiday.

Elaine xx :)
TONYW
Thanks for the info,about computer section,and setting up photo site.But i will delete the one's of the arranged,single people's lunch.[LOL]. There were just 9 of us there,and all the drinks of any kind,where at Thomson's cruises expense.Hosted by the social cruise host [Shauna]
William.
Hi William,
Welcome home! Looking forward to hearing and seeing everything once you get a chance to catch your breath. Sounds like Tomson gave you the right royal treatment, good for them!

PS Tonyw, Found the new threads! Yummy :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.