Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
How about using the VIP lounge instead, much quieter, free drinks, snacks and newspapers, price is 30 YTL.
How do you pay and find out about the VIP lounge Sarong?
I havent used it myself but I'm told you ask about it at the check in desk, someone else I know of went to the VIP lounge and asked the person at the door.

http://www.atmairport.aero/Dalaman_en/cip.html
Hiya,
We were in Dalaman airport this morning and were going to use the VIP lounge, it was very quiet, plenty of comfy chairs and computers to use. There was food and drink on a table but not really much to chose from in the food department and I must admit it didn`t look that inviting. I didn`t think to check the price today as I have heard it fluctuates. Anyway in the end our plane boarded early (hooray!) so we didn`t need to use it. :)
Fiona
30 lira to use vip lounge ,if theres 4 people do you pay 30 lira each?, if so it is cheaper to pay the prices at macdonalds 21 lira for meal surely xx jan
It really shouldnt surprise people at the prices at Airport Terminals as they are all expensive, What does surprise me with Dalaman is that they dont ask for Payment for the Toilets, As most of you all know already many many places charge you to use the Toilets in the resorts, And yes I know how expensive food & drinks are also, I always give them the miss.
30 lira to use vip lounge ,if theres 4 people do you pay 30 lira each?, if so it is cheaper to pay the prices at macdonalds 21 lira for meal surely xx jan

Hi Jan, I think its a case of having somewhere much quieter and more relaxing than the main airport lounge and the bonus of having food and drinks included, but I havent yet seen the lounge so dont know if it really is worth paying for. I think I would pay if we knew we had a delay.
The vip lounge looks great,there are massive cushions to lounge on the floor,chairs,computers and the food was by the doorway,we didnt use it but would have beaten sitting around on the floor anyday.Theres not a lot of seating around the airport whilst waiting for your flight to be announced
Will be updating here on the 8th August, As I flyout today to Dalaman.
In addition early July prices for 2 coffees was £7.50 and a packet of crisps was £2.50
Mods

Is it not about time this topic was made into a sticky? It would save people an awful lot of money
Hi
yes we were there in june and one of the people in our group was 8 kilo over and she was charged £48 they never used to charge.

carrol47
Passengers (not me) were charged £4 per Kg over their 20kg limit and also had their hand luggage weighed also, Flying with Onur air on our flight from Dalaman to Belfast and Birmingham, note this was a two stop flight strange but true.
I've just finished packing cases ready for Monday but my big and medium cases have got loads of space in them still - probably left out most of things but hey ho! was considering condensing one the smaller cases into the other two so we don't have to take 4 cases - we fly with first choice - and have a total of 80 kg for the four of us - as long as we were below that limit would be still be charged if one of the cases was over its 20kg limit?

any help would be appreciated, and i think I'll be taking the drinks and food with us to the airport thanks to the info I've read on here so thanks!
Hi

If you read the luggage information on their website HERE it states that if there is four of you then you are allowed 80kgs between you,so there shouldn't be a problem with just three cases,

but it also states that no case should be more than 23kg, so you will only be able to take 69kgs of luggage so you'll lose 11kgs of your limit.
thanks for your quick reply - my fella has just said we'll prob take all four with us - two are only small pullalong cases - think he's planning on bringing clothes back with him. at least we know then we'll not be over - also going to borrow scales from my parents before we go so should have rough idea of what they all weigh.

thanks again Carol
Good thinking carol if you know your weight beforew you go then you can argue with them if they say different.Have a good one . :wave :fly

Bluepeterno1
Going out I was 4 kilos over at Edinburgh. We packed all the heavy stuff in the kids cases coming back and I was still 2 kilos over, no problem and no charge.
The Duty Free is ok but not that cheap. Ciggies were actually cheaper in DF than in Turkey.
Two small cans of Efes, two cokes........£16..... and then the smarmy guy was trying to get us to offload our remaining Lira, offering a bag of M&M's that here would cost about 70p for 10 Lira.
Bring your own.
After reading on here about the extortionate prices at Dalaman i did the sensible thing and loading my son up with some crips and drinks from resort!!

Got to our gate which are now all partitioned off with a little shop in the corner selling stuff, and my son sees Pringles which he askes for, obviously i said no as he had stuff in his bag but we had his grandad with us who spoils him rotten so under the guise he was taking him the the toilets he trotts off to the little shop and buys him a tub of pringles and a can of Fanta!!!!!!

you will never beleive how much they costs!

£7 FOR THE PRINGLES AND £3 FOR THE CAN OF FANTA!

I would have thrown them straight back at him!

At check in there was a couple in front of us who were both 7 kilos over weight they got stung something rotten and had to pay £6 per kilo, my advice to them you should be a member of HT :yipee
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.