Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
It is worth noteing that a lot of carriers are reducing your allowance to 15kg.
T.Cook are charging an extra £7,50 to bring it up to the 20kg mark.
Aegean Flights have still got a 20kg allowance per person.

Gene
Just to put you all in the picture. Several posts have been removed which recommended signing an online petition against the high prices at Dalaman Airport.

Unfortunately we have had to remove the link to the website for the following reasons:-

We were approached regarding running this link some time ago by another member. It was decided at the time that because some petitioners were posting potentially libellous comments, not to run with it.

For your information, Holidaytruths can be held responsible if they link to outside sites where libellous comments are made and we are not prepared to take this chance.

This is the reason it was not allowed and has been removed.

Hope this clarifies for you.

luci :wave
Prices for food and drink at Dalaman Airport are scandalously overpriced. That is a holiday truth!

Be warned and take bottled water/drinks and snacks with you to avoid being seriously stung before departure
I find that most airports are are bad as each other now and try never to buy anything in them ,i go to the e/x lounge which i get free through my bank ,it is about £18 or so if i was to pay for it ,if i had to i think i would as it would be cheaper than some of the prices charged.

Bluepeterno1
bluepeterno1,

Dalaman is in a different league!! All airports are expensive since they have a captive audience, but Dalaman is just outrageous. It's well known as the most expensive airport in europe, and has been for some time.

Darren
i have to agree with dazbo, i travel extensively to different countries each year as well as to dalaman a few times every year and i have to say its the most expensive airport ive been to by a long way and considering the food prices and bad wages in turkey it makes it even dearer
The thing is as well most of us are clued up and know about it, but I dont thing they will change as they probably make so much money from people who are on their first visit. It's a pity really as it may put people off of returning. Sharm el Sheik airport is the same. 4 quid for some pringles. :really
Just wondered can you take drinks airside or is it the same as the rest of Europe have to buy them after security.
Sioux ;)
Thank you last couple of hols have been greek islands and cyprus where you weren't allowed to.
sioux ;)
Thought I would just bump this back to the top as others will find this thread very usefull.
when did they relax the rules where you could take drinks through security
Hello
We flew with Thomas Cook on the 14th April and returned on the 21st April our allowance was 15kg
Going out all our bags were under weight brill i thought
We did buy a few items in Marmaris not excessive as we are going back in May and thought if there anything different in shops we can get it in May
On departure check in at Dalaman i noticted the queue that we were in the man charged nearly every other person :que i couldnt be bother to change queue as i thought we are a little bit over not much.
How wrong was i :think put our 3 small cases on one by one he said we are over and asked for £108 :que :yikes i felt sick i said you are joking he said no please pay i said ive only got £100 and said that will do
I said to him can i have reciept please he usered a lady over and she ask me to sign a paper i thought oh im getting a reciept but no :que
She gave me £10 back and said go go i wouldnt care he didnt even ask if we had hand luggage.
I got rip off big time mind you its the first time this has happened and we go to Marmaris 2-3 times a year if we can.
But please be carefull has there are starting early this year over charging people
Maz xx
I can't remember now from last year - can you no longer see the weight when it goes on the belt? You know, digitally displayed just at the side?
Yes Sandc you can see the weight allright, But some people found at that some of the scales were way out as they tried others and made them use the lowest one.
Thats awful Maz. If that happened to me it would probably put me off of going back to Turkey. I know this forum has some true Turkey fanatics on it, but I am happy in lots of different countrys so wouldn't be fussed. They are just taking the p***, you rarely see this reported on the Spanish, Portugal, French, Italian, German etc forums. Talk about bite the hand that feeds you.
Hi i did know there were a bit over has we always fly with Onur and allowed 20kg so we know roughtly what it should way.
But i was banking on having to pay £20 that i would not have minded.

But never mind its just puts a damper on the end off our holiday when we had such a great time but he did charge lots off people and what i couldnt understand was normally there ask if any hand luggage and he never but i was that much in shock with the charge i forgot to say we could off taken things out and put it in hand luggage.

Plus we left all shampoo conditioner deorants lilo's sun creams aftersun etc etc in hotel people need to be so carefull ive read about this before on here but never happened to us
But there again there is always a first time for any thing

But dont let this put people off Turkey is a lovely country its just the Airport and staff that are not :que
It appears to me to be a Uk Airline this as I was charged £24 from thomas cook in April last year, Yet I go 3 further times that same year and fly with Onur air and each time I am overweight im not looked at, Strange, Can others name the airline they flew with and were charged for excess baggage?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.