Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Warning to others, At Dalaman Airport in particular they charge very very high prices for Food and Drinks, Best way to avoid this is to take your own with you in a plastic bag, At security they do not take Liquids or Food from you.
I know that regulars in this forum are well aware already so this warning is mainly for the benefit of folk who haven't travelled to Dalaman before.

Be warned that the prices of food and drinks at Dalaman are astronomical ( a forum member recently posted that they were asked £23 just for 6 cokes!!). After the reasonable costs of things in your resort you will be shocked at the extortionate prices in the airport.

You probably will have a wait of an hour or more before boarding and you probably will get thirsty and peckish, so make sure that you have enough snacks and drinks with you.

The sooner people stop paying the outrageous (rip-off) prices being charged in Dalaman - the sooner they'll have to lower them.

Perhaps members who have been recently may care to give an example of some of the prices in this thread as a warning to others.
£10 for mcdonalds meal, as in big mac, med fries, med drink

£7 for happy meal
Well here is one person that will not be spending a penny at Dalaman airport.
i dont mind paying over the odds, but i loath being ripped off !!!!
I don't know what the new Dalaman airport is like, but when I was there in 2005, the departure lounge was that hot (not from the heat outside because it was the end of Oct and was cold outside) that it was unbareable. I wonder if they wack the heating up so that you will drink more.
We made some egg/meat rolls to take to the airport with crisps and large bottle of coke which lasted us the day and thats with 2 hour delay,i even sneaked a small bottle of wine from the duty free for 2.50 lira.We sat at the tables with our cups and had our own little picnic
I will be taking my own as well, seems crazy they can get away with this blatant rip-off when the rest of Turkey is relatively cheap !!
Last month we were charged 48 ytl for 2 large and 1 small efes , a small fanta was 10 ytl
Like most I will not buy any food or drink at Dalaman take your own, and tell others you meet in the resort,
s_mc we were charged 32 lira for 2 large efes - looks like you got charged the same for a small one as a large one!

There was a family in there eating a meal when we were there! Yikes, can't imagine how much that cost them. It is a nice bar though.
Dalaman Airport is well known for is extortionate prices. There is a long running thread on this very subject here.

Darren
You can buy a litre of vodka for about £1 more than an extra value meal in McDoanlds. Its scandalous!

We refused to pay. We stayed at the Holiday Village Turkey and they put bottled water on you table at meal times. We took a couple of those with us and made up some rolss from the restaurant to eat too.
I thought that mcdonalds and other big chains had standard prices (give or take- but not to these extremes). Has anyone whos paid these vastly inflated prices contacted mcdonalds direct? I'm sure they would be interested in their loyal customers being overcharged so much. None of us mind a little regional variation but this is beyond acceptable :x
I didnt pay mcdonalds prices, i would rather starve lol
Paid £3-40 for a cup of coffee..........never again.
Just got back from Marmaris via Dalaman:

Can of Sprite at gate lounge = £3.40
KFC burger, chips and drink = £8.00
Standard Drink from KFC = £4.00
Fries from Pizza Hut = £3.50
Absolute disgrace !!!

It nneds everyone to let others know about this EXTORTION and start taking stuff with them to the airport, i will be telling my party of 10 for sure, so stick together and tell them they are wrong :tut :tut :tut
I was aware of that thread Dazbo but thought a new one would help newcomers to this site who may be totally unaware of the Dalaman rip-offs.

Must point out that the duty free at Dalaman is fine in terms of prices - it's the refreshments on sale in the waiting lounge that are scandalous
i posted this on the other thread but here you go contact them and let them know

Your views and suggestions about our terminal are important. Please share your complaints, wishes and suggestions with us.

Every information you share with us is of prime importance in our quest for better service to our passengers.

Adress:
ATM Dalaman Airport Construction and Management, Inc.
4870 Dalaman / MUĞLA
Phone: +90 252 792 55 55
Fax: +90 252 792 55 65
E-Mail: commerce@atmairport.aero
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.