Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Im not going to continue to debate this with you - I have been all over the world and it is my opinion that they are going overboard at Dalaman. They are not going to encourage many tourists with an attitude like they are currently displaying - shame really as it is a fantastic place and I would really like to return - it left me feeling sad after having had such a nice holiday.
:D I put a review on here a few weeks ago when we got charged £20 for hand luggage :cry: which was not over the limit.

Our cases were fine then we were asked about hand luggage we said yes we got one bag between two off us and a carrier bag with sarnie in etc.

The girl weighed the bag and said yes you are over and charged us £20 no one else got charged at all.

It is who checks you in we will look now before we queue see who is charging and who is not its stupid really especially when you are not oer the limit.

I dont mind paying if i know im over which very rare we are :lol:

Happy Holidays every one and dont let it put you off going to Turkey.
It is a beautiful country dont let theses check in people put you off :D
Well mine weighed 12.2kg so no overweightness for me either. :lol:

I think people might feel a bit hard done to to be charged when they are 'only' 1 or 2 kilos over because some check in staff choose to let it go. It's the ones who aren't being charged who are lucky, not the ones who are being charged being wronged in some way.

Can't really comment on those who perceive being charged for bags that weren't overweight but don't really understand how that can happen when the weight is right there in digital in front of the passenger when you put your bag on. 5kg is fair enough for hand luggage, especially bearing in mind that you can easily purchase some more bulky goods from duty free after that.
When people post a comment regarding If they were charged can you Please tell us what Company you were flying with, This might help others also with this, and those that have been charged just Edit your last post.
When flying back with First Choice on sunday we weren't even asked for our hand luggage to be weighed and the 6 of us had 6 pieces!!
Would anyone be able to tell me where in Dalaman airport I would find the VIP lounge that was mentioned earlier in this post please.
Fiona
Hi Fional

Go upstairs and right to the back of the airport past KFC and McDonalds thats where the VIP lounge is
Our flight from Dalaman was delayed indefinitely last month so we went to see if it was worth going into the VIP lounge.It cost £12 each and as there were 4 of us we declined as it had uncomfortable sofas and was not worth it.We tried to get the lady on the door to take less as the place was empty!.We eventually were taken to a hotel for the night.
Thanks for the info...We will check it out on our return home, if we use it we will let you know how it went,
Thanks again,
Fiona :D
Bluepeterno1 people are just expressing their points of view and experiences here but it seems that the tone of you replies is a bit over the top and seems to me that you are looking down on us.
Thats a tall statement from a new member who does not even know me .I am not looking down on anybody .Rules are rules I travel to turkey at least twice every year for the last twelve I have never been charged for being over weight .If you are over you should expect to be charged .There are rules of posting any personal comments on this forum ,i would suggest you read them before you make any more .

Bluepeterno1
Well last year when we was leaving Dalaman, the guy in front of us with his family of 4 was very edgy indeed, looking all over the place, he put his suitcase on the scales he could hardly lift it and it was over 50kg :roll:

Back in Manchester the same guy was on edge, I just wished he had got stopped.

They deserve all they get if they are over, no wander there is so many back complaints the lads who load these suitcases all day it's them you have to have thoughts for aswell.

If you're over the limit then pay the price, simple no excuses.
Fact everyone knows the allowance your allowed to take back from Turkey its printed on your ticket, What we all dont understand is why A is charged extra and why B doesent have to pay nothing, I started this Post as a warning to others who just might not want to take the risk of an overweight suitcase, In my particular case I was A in my other 13 times I have travelled to Turkey I was B.
I know of someone who recently was overcharged and wrote a letter of complaint when she returned home. She then received a check in refund of the amount she had been overcharged. Dont stand for it!
To tell the truth this thread had me worried, yes i have been one of those people that go over 1/2 kgs so i dont like the idea that they are charging when you are under, when i was in egypet two months ago they started ths and we asked for the good set of scales to be brought over, they did and they weighed loads of peoples bags but they were giving out recipts.

Ron
Receipts are given at Dalaman I assure you I got one in April for £24 for being 4kg overweight.
Yes we also got a receipt when we got charged in May this year and they charged us £20 for a hand luggage which they said was 10KG over .

Work that one out ? Our cases were fine we hand one hand luggage between two off us :cry:

I do really think they charge what ever they want to charge really :cry:

Depends what mood they are in at the time :D
I think with hand luggage though it's 5kg, one bag per passenger. It is a bit daft if there's two of you with one bag between you weighing 10kg but thems the rules. Similar to you would be charged if you had a suitcase weighing 40kg between two of you, it's all about weight distribution and for cabin baggage, the risk of heavy items falling on your head if they've moved in transit whilst in the overhead storage areas.

I don't understand how anyone could have been charged for being overweight when they weren't at Dalaman as the weight is clearly visible to the passenger as well as the person doing the checking in.
I'm not actually a new member bluepeter and have been on this site for some five years under a different username prior to the one I have now again I was just expressing my points as you were yours and thought you should perhaps tone down as they seemed quite abbrupt
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.