Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi we came home on saturday and it was £7-50 a kilo

Wendy
:shock: In May it was £2 a Kilo has we were suppose to have been 10 Kilo over :shock:

We got charged £20 :?

Bear in mind our cases were fine :D

We had two small hand luggage and the girl at check in said it was one hand luggage that was over....

That was on the 4th May in May half term week there was 5 off us flew back in from Dalaman i thought i would just test the water we did buy extra things while in Marmaris

We had 5 suitcases we packed everything into theses normally we would leave the toiletries etc etc this time we took everything home even the lilo's which we never do.

Two cases were over the weight limit and we did not get charged a penny people in front off us were well over and there never charged any one at all.

We had no hand luggage has i new we were over so if we did get charged i was just going to open case and take all toiletries lilo etc out and leave them all.

We were not even asked if we had hand luggage.

You just can not work them out at all but i do believe it depends on who you get on check in.

Plus the two suitcases off ours that were over weight did not even have a heavy label on them. :D
We arrived back yesterday, we were well over weight but checking in at dalaman airport was fine. in total between 5 of us we had 114 kilos we were not charged we also had 5 hand luggage which was not weighed. good job has they contained 2 pairs of jeans each :lol:.
Is it better to buy duty free stuff, like booze and perfume at the airport duty free or in Turkey itself?.
I was going to travel light going out, just take a few items of clothing and hoping to stock up in the markets for jeans, t shirts and shirts-good idea or not?
Buy your Duty free on the way into Turkey 2 litres of Alcohol 600 cigs, also carry a bag with you on departure to fill it up again on the way home, But remember Customs only allow you 200 cigs and 1 litre of alcohol from Turkey.
We arrived home from Bodrum on Monday 18th June, we were well down the checkin queue and no one had to pay excess baggage, we had 25kg in each case, This must be a Dalaman Airport rip off.
hi, arrived back this morn at 9.1o flight to newcastle, i never saw anyone get charged for excees luggage. a few that i saw in front were a few kilos over, although i would take care not to be too overweight!!
We flew back from Antalya on Saturday and were 3.5 kilo over. No charge though.

The cafe in departures was charging almost 10 lira for a coffee and croisant. We took water and a packet of biscuits with us.
32 lira for 2 large efes in the bar at Dalaman. :shock:

It's a very nice bar though.
I heard there was a VIP lounge you could use at Dalaman for 30 TL, drinks and snacks inclusive. Anyone tried this yet?

http://www.atmairport.aero/Dalaman_en/cip.html
i did see it didnt know you could pay at check in, its good idea as was £10 for mcdonalds meal.
What a brilliant idea. Can you sort it out in advance as presumably it will have a limit on numbers?

I would be really interested to hear any feedback on this.
Hi Doe, I've found where I read about it

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15902&SearchTerms=dalaman,lounge

We dont go to Dalaman till next year but will definitely give this a shot I think.
I saw it when we were there on saturday and it was empty, apart from a staff member. Leather lounging chairs and buffet food that was covered up.
Can anyone tell me how many cig's you can buy going into Turkey from Uk airport.
Flew home from Dalaman yesterday afternoon and everyone in our queue was being charged for excess baggage, even if you were only 1 or 2 kilos over. £7.00 per kilo - young couple in front of us were charged £120 - the hand luggage and female's handbags were being weighed - its out of order. I have never had hand luggage weighed. I spoke to the First Choice rep and asked her what it was all about and she replied it depends on what mood they are in - the other 2 queues were not charged anything, she told me that the only people benefiting were the Turkish Airport as the fuel being used to fly the plane was paid for by the tour company. It needs to be looked into. They are charging you £10 to enter the country and then stinging you for even more to leave - this was our first time in the country and we loved it but due to this rip off we will think very seriously about returning. :(
I was travelling with First Choice
We have had this discussion now for weeks and some people still dont understand that if you are over then you are liable to be charged,if this young couple was charged £120 that means they were at least 17 kilos over ,that is just stupidity ,when you are only alowed 20 kilos in each case ,and people wonder why. its that kind of thing which is going to make the problem worse.

Bluepeteno1
I was not condoning the fact they were so far over their allowance - I agree that is stupiditidy but hey we were all young once.

What I AM saying is there has to be some leeway for the people who are just one or two kilos over and the approach has to be uniform - if one person is charging they all have to be in the interests of fairness.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.