Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Also they the wieght of the bags like a hawk but you can weigh your bags on any desk that is not in use & remember it is the combned weight of your parties bags so if one is under by 3kgs & another is over by 3kgs you will be ok :D
Dont forget you have to pay a £10 visa entry fee,make sure you have a tenner in every passport you need as theres been reports of people giving 20 and not getting change.I can understand why you are asking for as much info as you need as a new airport can be very confusing :amenities etc.Hope you have a great hol :sun2
Can anyone tell me if there are toilets somewhere close to the baggage reclaim at the airport? As we have a 2 hour transfer to resort, I will need to make a stop before boarding the coach :D Thanks.
Shirley there are toilets just after you reclaim your baggage :sun2
shirley h,

They are in the far right corner in the baggage reclaim hall.

Darren
HI dazbo
They are in the far right corner in the baggage reclaim hall.

I presume that's the far right as I approach the baggage reclaim. Is that right? thanks
shirley h,

Yes. As you enter baggage reclaim, head for the far corner as you get there. They're well signposted, you can't miss them.

Darren
Thanks Darren. That's me sorted then, just the packing left to do.
Hi all
thank you all fo your help, the toilets information is useful too, we have a 2 hour transfer, to Icmeler. :tup

Dawnie-Rob :wave
There are also toilets well before baggage collection. As you are walking towards the visa desks and passport control they are on your left.
Yeah, it is expensive in the airpots. I got stung by the McTurk burger at 26 lira, WOW... Almost fell over n passed out. Twas good though to which I was glad!

Enjoy Dalaman...
Watch out for the toilets.............. They're minging :rofl
Hi
My husband visited Altinkum a few years back he did say the toilets out there are not too good and can be very smelly. Well we will just have to take pegs, or remember not to inhale and just concentrate what we are doing !! LOL!!!!!! :rofl

Dawnie-Rob :wave
I dont know about minging, I have always been suprised by how clean they are, alot of them are overpowered by pot purri.

I have only come across one toilet that was absolutely disgusting at the market, i can not put it into words without feeling queasy again but at first contact with the toilet i thought it was unusual to see a brown toilet :rofl :rofl
I found the toilets at baggage collection to be a bit minging a few years back, but that's purely because of tourists arriving and blocking them by putting toilet paper down them. I've always used the ones upstairs before visa control since then and they are clean, as are the ones in departures where almost every time I've been in someone has been doing some sort of cleaning or checks.

I did hear one young girl asking her mum on arrival in the loos was it okay to put paper down and her response was 'yes'. :duh I didn't fancy getting an earful by correcting her presumption but this sort of thing is probably the only reason they would ever be minging there.
Just back from Dalaman Airport.
Toilets are clean and smell luvly. In fact the Airport is spotless.
Going Home
the Only problem with the Airport is the Prices. Once on Airside you have no choice but to pay the prices.
I.e.
23.50 lira for a McDonalds Cheeseburger and Chip.
Bottle of Beer was 15.50 lira. Mad Mad Prices
All the other food kiosks are the same price so beware when you are leaving Turkey. Make sure you take a credit card if you want feeding. Best just to go hungry until you land in UK.
On arrival.
There is baggage trollys available, but they are not free. A porter will charge you One Lira for the trolly.
Going through Customs is a night mare. Absolutly Hundreds of people hurded through about 8 kiosks. Make sure you have a £10 note (per person) which should be in prestine condition. If its marked in anyway they will refuse it. If all you have £20 notes they will not give you any change.
It was admittedly 3 years ago when I was last there, so it sounds like things

have improved there. :tup
I learned a very expensive lesson about prices there though.

It'a a packed lunch for us on the way home. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.