Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
It is 2 litres into Turkey and 600 ciggs,I have taken 5 litres in with no problems,and Ive never seen anyone being stopped,chance you take.
Thanks Crispy is that 2 litres per person?

I think i will take the gamble and the 5 litres and see what happens!

oh well this time tomorrow we will be taxing down the run way :D

Craig
Hi Craigy, I'm just going on what we were told when buying at Edinburgh airport a few weeks ago, we were definately told that as Turkey wasn't in the EU we were allowed to take 5 litres of spirits in per adult but only bring 1 litre per adult home - we took in 2 litres of spirits each.
Cheers for that bigwoo, i have had alot of people tell me 5 litres is ok, and with the 2 for £16 offer i want to take 2 x barcardi, 2x baileys and 1 x sambuka ;)

so time will tell in about 28 hours when i will out exit doors of dalaman into my private taxi.

:cheers Craig
Hi, for anyone else that may be interested i found a turkey customs web page and it stated the following:-
Customs

http://www.enjoyturkey.com/info/usefull_info/Passport_Visa_Customs.htm

So it looks like each person can take 5litres into the country

Regards

Craig

**Edit to remove copyright - Admin**
Hi

Flew back from Dalaman last night and was incensed by the rip off that is food and drink at Dalaman. 3 cans of coke came to 22.5 lira!!!!! Roughly £11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A guy on our flight paid £12.50 for a big mac meal.

Be warned take drinks and snacks with you
Thanks for this, with 5 adults and 4 toddlers in our party we shall indeed take our own. Prices there were always more than in resort but not as much of a rip-off as they are now.
We travelled back two weeks ago. For two glasses of wine and a large coke we paid 26 ytl. I know it was expensive but I thought the prices were down from last year and more like what you would expect to pay in an airport in the UK.

Wilson ;)
This week at Dalaman, my daughter asked for money to get a drink at the gate in departures. I gave her 10YTL without thinking and was shocked when she came back saying she needed another 2YTL. Almost £5.00 for a bottle of water :( The situation will be worsened in October when you will no longer be allowed to take liquids into the airport and will be forced to pay these ridiculous prices.
I would rather starve and de-hydrate than give them my money, I think its totally out of order the prices they charge, is it not enough we have spent our hard earned money going to their country to have our annual holidays, plus the £10 they charge us for a visa just to enter!!!!!
pasteljay, You think your hard done by with the £10 visa charge?
You need to do some investigating to see what it costs a Turkish citizen to come to the Uk, You will be very surprised about that cost. Plenty of other European countries dont have a visa to get into them, Hence saving you £10 of your hard earned cash, Was it a shock that you had to pay money to enter Turkey.
once again the kids talked me into to mc donalds at dalaman and every year i say no.
4 big macs 4 regular fries £36 :cry
thats with no drinks
and they were only giving 2.11 ytl to the pound if paying by pound
Taking a last minute holiday on Thursday.

Can someone give me a definitive answer about how much tobacco I can legally buy to bring back into the UK?

Huge thanks in advance.
200 fags or 5 packs of tobbaco but in dalaman they will tell you that you can take more just so you buy it from them
Thanks jcarey2536 I know they do this as the a few years back they told my friend he could bring 1000 cigs!!!! He bought them & got away with it fine, but no-way I'd do it, I'd just look too guilty.
i think most will tell you that they bring more than they should but if caught you could lose them . i think they tend to catch the ones who brings them just to re sell them and not for personal use
Legally, you can bring 200 cigarettes per person back to the UK from Turkey.
The people in duty free will tell you anything just to get the sale .But that is no defence if you get stopped. :really
We returned from Turkey today and I was astounded by Dalaman airport. This modern airport is rather sterile, don't expect comfy seats for those long delays, but refreshingly clean.
Though I hate to admit it MacDonalds often wins for a quick cheap snack at an airport but Dalaman seems to steal the last of your Turkish Lire before your journey home. MacDonalds were offering a beer and french fries for 15TL (currently 2.45TL to the £), another shop offered a bottle of juice for £7 and the KFC and other fast food outlets offered the same rip off prices.
Be warned, eat before you arrive, no wonder they were doing little business and certain outlets had already closed down!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.