Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi, im a little confused. I am flying out of Glasgow to Dalaman this coming Saturday. Our flight arrives at 2:15am. I was wondering if the duty free in Dalaman airport is still open at this unsavoury hour. Also is it cheaper to buy smirnoff vodka and cigarettes, before i go or wait till i get to Dalaman.(if its still open). Thanks in advance :tup
We landed at 5am and Dalaman duty free was till open.

Not sure about prices though.
Hi we've just returned from a fantastic 2 weeks in Hisaronu flying out from Edinburgh to Dalaman. At Edinburgh airport we got 2 litres smirnoff vodka for £16, our pals flew from Glasgow and got the same deal - think you're allowed to take 5 litres per person into Turkey but only allowed to bring 1 litre home, not sure about cigarettes tho.
Thanks for replies guys. Bigwoo, was it the blue label stuff? Im a lightweight when it comes to that..Too strong for me haha. :cheers
No fragglerock it was the red label smirnoff, think the blue label was 2 for £20. Think they also had bacardi and morgans in the 2 for £16 offer.
Fab :cheers . Thats us sorted then. Thanks for your help and advice xx
Update on liquid restrictions.On Dalaman airport website,the date for this starting has now changed,now starting on 1st October. :cheers
Dont see the difference about the liquid restrictions . When we went through Antalya in July ,it was in force there . :que

Bluepeterno1
We came through Dalaman yesterday and there were liquid restrictions posters displayed but in the small print it stated that these measures would be from 1st October as Crispy says. How strict they will be regarding this is anyone's guess!
Your only allowed to bring in 2 liters of spirits to Turkey, If caught with more you will pay the consequences, Having said that I have never seen one person pulled over in 21 flights I have been to Dalaman, Duty free is open 24 hours on arrival beside the baggage carousel 600 gigs 8x50 gram pouches of tobacco 2 liters of spirits per passport holder over 18, And also after security on your departure where they will give you 1800 cigs but your allowance is only 200 back to the uk.
I would get your spirits in the offer at Glasgow airport - Imported spirits are NOT cheaper in turkey ( at the airport or in the resort) However Turkish Vodka isnt bad!

Ciggys i would get at Dalaman airport - Last time i was there 200 superkings were around £13 - Not sure if that has changed in the last twelve months.

Louise x
does anyone know,how much,a box of golden virginia pouches,costs please?
thanks
tracy
Cigarettes are much cheaper at Dalaman than UK duty free shops. 200 Superkings were 18 Euros (£15?) on arrival/departure at Dalaman this week. At Gatwick World Duty Free the same packs were £25.00.
Hi,

I am flying out to dalaman then on to marmaris tomorrow evening, i am enquiring if someone could provide if possible please concrete guidance on how many 1 litres bottles of spirts per person/pasport you can take "into" turkey i have read some people say 5 litres and some say 2 litres??

Anyone one know 100% as i dont want to be either over or under my allowance!

Thanks

Craig
doepsmc,

1 (one) litre only INTO turkey!!!

some people have said 2 (two) litres and with others saying 5 (five) litres
so basically its the same limit as it is coming back to the uk???? :scratch:

craig
Hi, came back from Dalaman on Saturday (delayed by 3 hours to Garwick). We had a 15 kilo weight allowance and on the way out got charged £10 per kilo for being over (first time ever happened to us). She was fair in that she combined the weight of our hand luggage allowance with the case allowance which helped a bit. Anyway, coming out of Dalaman the ppl in front of us were being charged but their carry-on luggage was not being considered. We had already weighed out luggage and carry on and knew that combined we were bang-on 20Kilo each as our hand luggage was under.

So we put on our cases only to be told we were over and she had to charge us. I then pointed out that we are allowed 5kilo for hand luggage and if she combined this with the cases she would see we were not over our allowance. She said she would need to check but didnt, and let us through without charge.

Sorry its a long winded post but it maybe useful to ppl to know :tup
Sorry, :oops: :oops: I thought you meant Turkey in to UK.

I think Bob has given 2 litres per person as the figure for taking spirits into Turkey and he has been about 20 times so i am sure he is 'on the money' on this one. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.