Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
The price could come down. But is is perhaps more likely that as the number of available seats decreases, the cost of those remaining seats will increase. When deciding whether it is more cost effective to change an existing booking or make a new one, remember to take account of any other fees which you might have paid on the original booking which would have to be paid again on a new booking, such as for baggage, speedy boarding, etc.

David :wave
Thanks again, I didn't add any extras to the original booking, can't believe that to change one out of three names that they want to charge what I originally paid for all THREE tickets..

Oh well... live and learn.....

Think I'll wait a few more days....

ATB,J.
Well I never knew that . I thought they just made the change charge . :(

I've never known EJ prices to come down mersey. From my experience they only go higher as the seats sell.

lyn
I've never known EJ prices to come down mersey. From my experience they only go higher as the seats sell.

lyn

That's my experience of their prices too. I'd sort it sooner rather than later.
I had the same problem last year with aother no frills airline. I eventually paid slightly less than I would have for another seat. I've flown quite a lot with budget airlines, and have always found that prices go up closer to the departure date, although that might not always be the case. I've just checked my EJ flight to Edinburgh for the end of Feb, and it has doubled in price since I booked it a couple of months ago (but there was a sale on then)
I booked some flights to Tenerife as soon as they came out last year and a few months later, probably due to the economic climate, they did come down in an Easyjet 'sale'.

Easyjet have (or they did have) an option for you to claim back the difference in flight prices, if having booked flights, they do go down.

I looked into this and the process was not that easy (surprise surprise!) and required you to contact the call centre to verify and agree the difference. The 'credit' could only be spent by contacting the call centre to book the flight, to do API, to do checkin etc. There is no online facility for this situation.

Given the call rates and the need to phone everytime it didnt make it that easy. hanging on the phone etc and the difference was relatively small, around £30 - so I couldnt be bothered, probably the same for others in the same situation.

Chris
I have booked a holiday with a TO and fly with Easyjet how does this work if I want do online checkin do I have to wait for a booking number ? First time doing it this way.
merseygull

unless you've just picked a busy date by chance I take it you realise there is international rugby in Cardiff on the evening of your arrival - and Bristol is considered to be Cardiff's second (but rapidly becoming main) airport? I don't see there being many spare seats later in the week.

shrimper

could you scroll back a couple of days, someone else asked a similar question and according to the easyjet website you can't - the TO would have to do it for you. The booking number is linked to the account name used when booking the flight.
Steve- unless I've read it wrongly, Merseygull is flying from Bristol to Edinburgh on the international date 4th and back to Bristol on the 6th.
You're quite right, in which case there may still be seats. But that raises a two questions which I can't find answers for on the website.

If it works out cheaper just to buy a new ticket for the replacement passenger can you just cancel the original and claim the tax back (that's allowed but there is an admin fee) or can you only cancel the whole group?

If the replacement has a new ticket and the original isn't cancelled what will happen when the group checks in with one person missing? The booking reference on their computer will link all the names.
Hi Merseygull, just clicked that this flight up to Edinburgh is for the trip we discussed in another thread re accommodation in the Arbroath area. Hope you get sorted re the ticket changes and enjoy your weekend and the event at Condor. :tup

Let us know how you get on at the Colliston Inn but be warned - we're expecting bad weather up here this weekend so pack a woolie jumper and your thermals :D

SM
There was a debate late last year regarding Easyjet changing the weight allowance of a suitcase (without penalty) when booking a flight for 2 adults and taking only 1 hold suitcase. The allowance prior to the change was up to 32kg without having to pay penalty fees but around Oct/Nov this was reduced to 20kgs.

We are off to Tenerife in March and when I booked the flights, 2 Adults and 1 hold case in May2010 it showed the 32kg allowance and I expect/hope this to still be in effect.

Has anyone flown since the change to 20kg but previously booked with the extra allowance and taken more than 20kg ? Did you have any issues ?

I'm off to Spain next Saturday so will also ask at the Easyjet desk to see where we stand if nobody has any feedback. 32kg would be so nice and sadly for the last time !

TFS1, We're in the same position and travelling in April, so would be interested to see what you find out from the Easyjet desk.

Have a good time in Spain!
Hi all...

Has anybody flown since the above post re luggage as I am in the same position myself. I.e. have paid for 2 passengers, but only 1 luggage... Can i now only put 20k in the case or the 32k as stated on my original booking prior to the change...???

:que :duh The luggae game!
Has the luggage allowance changed totally?

What is this? Just looked to see if I could add extra and for £18 it show's =

"2 Hold bag(s) + 12 kg extra weight per flight between all passengers combined"
"2 x passangers, 2 x hold bags = Weighing up to total of 52kg"

:yikes

Anybody?! :cheers
The answer to the first part is that your luggage allowance is whatever it says on your booking confirmation - which is effectively your contract.

This is confirmed by the quote in the second question.

Your starting position should be 32kg in one paid bag, technically you have 40kg allowance between you (2x20kg) but you can't put more than 32kg in one bag under any version of the rules. So to add another 12kg you would need another bag, but you're adding the 12kg to previous 40kg allowance not the 32kg limit in the first bag. So that gives you 52kg. And the good news (assuming you copied the text from a quote specific to your booking) is the wording "between all passengers combined" because that is the old rule and shows they are still applying it to your booking.

So, if you want to take 32kg out it in one bag. If you want to take 40 kg see if it would be cheaper to just add another bag but not add extra weight. If you want to take 52kg do what you've been quoted and don't put more than 32kg in either bag (2x26kg would be valid under this version of the rules but something like 15+37kg would not be valid under any version).
Hi Steve,

Sorry, my first post is what is say's on my confirmation e-mail from ej. The second post is what it say's on the ej site at the moment.

I was considering adding an additional bag, but am really unsure how much luggage I will have, unsure what the 12kg extra means???

(Just looked to see if I could add extra and for £18 it show's =

"2 Hold bag(s) + 12 kg extra weight per flight between all passengers combined"
"2 x passangers, 2 x hold bags = Weighing up to total of 52kg")

CURRENTLY, I have 1 bag weighing 32kg (I'm a bit weary about me being able to lift the 32kg at airport, hence looking into additional weight, but the info on site has thrown me - BTW, all my lotions, toiletries, towels are there so it's just mine and a 5 year old's clothes I will be carrying...)

Can anybody shed any light on the above?
Regards
Ruth.x
Where exactly did you see the £18 quote? If you logged in to Manage Bookings (or MyEasyjet) with your booking reference number it it is a specific quote for adding to that booking and for that booking is all you need to know. If you found this info on a general page that anyone can see can you post a link to it because I can't find it - but I've just found a clause in their general regulations of carriage that still mentions sharing allowances even though they did announce they would stop allowing that!
Hi, it was via the link from my confirmation e-mail, so is actually my booking.

"but I've just found a clause in their general regulations of carriage that still mentions sharing allowances even though they did announce they would stop allowing that!" - ? forgive me but how do you know if you can or indeed can't? :que

I'll prob just end up doing the £18 extra as scared re lifting the 32kg myself. But still don't know what the "12kg extra weight means"... :duh
We are flying easyjet to faro from newcastle 30th june, never used easyjet before and have been reading on various forums that theres a chance you might be seperated from your kids on the flight if not queued up early for boarding. Is this speedy boarding thing going to guarantee we would all sit together? dont fancy any of our young kids ending up sitting without a parent!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.