Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Yes, Easyjet has changed - you can now check in with hold luggage. I have done so for my flight to Malta - don't suppose it will be much quicker in the end though!

Pippa
Has anyone taken Easyjet up on their price promise ?

Last June I booked some flights to Tenerife for this March and a few months ago found that they had come down in price - thought nothing of it but... just my luck !

But a chance 'flick' through their FAQs a few minutes ago I see that if its the same day/flight etc etc and the total fare has gone down you get a 'credit' for the difference which has to be used within 6 months of receiving it.

To get the credit you have to go via the call centre - its not automatic (that would be too simple) and to try and get through to the call centre at the moment is virtually impossible.

Regards, Chris
Hi Chris ... some members have taken Easyjet up on this. If you stick the word 'promise' in the search box in the bottom left hand corner of this topic, it should retrieve previous posts for you.

David :wave
David,

Thanks for that it was useful.

But unless I missed it I still think there is an outstanding question about what you have to do to 'spend' the credit when making a new booking. There doesnt seem to be anything in the online booking process and the FAQ doesn't give you this important snippet of info !

Regards, Chris
Chris .. perhaps Search didn't retrieve all the posts for you. If you follow the discussion from THIS post onwards, you will see that nosivad tells Fil that the credit has to be spent by phone booking rather than web booking.

David,

Many thanks - just what I was after.

Cheers, Chris

ps having read whats involved, ie no online checkin - airport checkin only, not visible in your Easyjet.com account and everything having to be done on the phone at 10p / minute I can see why Easyjet do not explain whats involved in using the credit.
More summer Med routes for EasyJet

A number of Mediterranean leisure routes are to be started from the UK by EasyJet this summer.

The new routes include Liverpool-Bodrum, Bristol to Dalaman, Bodrum and Heraklion; and Stansted to Bodrum, Dalaman, Dubrovnik and Split

They are part of expansion which will see 21 new routes added by the airline, taking the total number of routes to be launched across its European network in 2010 to 70.

The new services means the airline will offer more than 500 routes connecting 19 bases across the UK and the continent to key airports across Europe and North Africa.

With permission from Travelmole
Not having flown Easyjet from Gatwick before I was wondering if they use an airbridge or is it a walk to the plane? We are flying to Malta on 20th January (7.15am) or at lease we will be if there is no snow!

Pippa
Pippa,

Easyjet use both airbridge boarding and remote parking (buses) at Gatwick North and South- although the majority out of Gatwick North is by Air Bridge.....with some being across the bridge to stands 112-116 -which is quite a long walk from the terminal area.

Nivsy
Has anyone any idea when the 2010/11 winter schedule and prices are released ?

Thanks, Chris
It is Gatwick North that we are flying from.

We have used those stands across the bridge when we have flown BA. Yes, it is a fairly long walk but quite interesting as well!

Pippa
Just going back to the on-line check in with hold luggage. We used this for our New year's eve break to Prague. I printed out the boarding cards for the outward and return flights and was instructed to just drop the suitcase off at one of the designated areas at the airport. This is supposed to save time at the check in desks. however, I failed to see any such area in Bristol and ended up going through the normal check-in desk. luckily there wasn't a queue so we were thropugh in no time.

When we arrived at Prague airport for the return flight there were already loads queuing at the check-in desks (although they were yet to open). I noticed a sign above the first desk that said Speedy boarding and on-line check in only. There was no-one queuing there and I was lucky enough to be at the front when the desk opened. Had I not done the on-line check-in, we most definitely would have been at the end of a long queue at one of the other desks.
Have Easyjet implemented the restrictions on access to hand luggage during final hour of flights?

If so, are they making allowance for parents who need to feed babies on short flights or allowing dummies to be attached to baby using those 'saver' things (parents will know what I'm talking about)?

I assume that hubby and I would be allowed to have purse/wallet with money for buying drinks/snacks for us in a pocket.

If restrictions are such that we won't be allowed to keep food or dummies for our babies accessible then we won't be flying over to England at the end of April.
cate ... the only recent changes announced so far will primarily affect passengers flying to the US, as outlined in THIS post.

Thanks David, reason I asked is that I read an article on BBC website last weekend which said that UK government were going to consider introducing the same restrictions as the USA.
cate ... security measures are understandably under constant review, especially in light of recent events. Some new measures may be announced in the near future which could apply at all airports or on all flights, other measures may be more 'random' or 'unpredictable'. If or when any changes are announced, we will post details in our HAND LUGGAGE REGULATIONS & INCREASED SECURITY topic.

Hi Cate, just to set your mind at rest, we had no restrictions whatsoever during the last hour of our flight last week.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.