Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Jean,

It could be as late as May or June. I'm checking Gatwick - Faro every day for October flights and will post as soon as these are released. Don't know whether Tenerife ones are released at the same time but I'm sure someone will tell us.
Hi Pippa, I've also just booked for Malta with easyjet for April,and noticed that if your flight leaves before 08:30 you can check in the night before from 20:00, have you ever done this before?.It will be my first trip to Malta staying at The Palace in Sliema, booked it as a holiday through Easyjet got an excellent price.Maggie
Hi,

I noticed that you could check in the evening before if your flight leaves early in the morning too. We won't be doing it though. We have checked in online so just have to drop off the bags and head for security. Not sure it is worth a trip to the airport the evening before and paying for parking just to save probably no more than 15 minutes queuing at the bag drop. Another thing that put me off checking in the evening before is that the last 2 Wednesdays the flight to Malta (along with many others) has been cancelled due to snow. It could be a hassle if having checked in your bags the previous evening to have to go and claim then back again!

We are off to Malta on Wednesday so hopefully no snow.............

Pippa
Hopefully no snow for you Pippa, But Maggiemae we are flying from Gatwick during April to Tenerife and I consider being able to check in after 8 the night before a real advantage we are staying overnight prior to our flight and it will save us carting our hold luggage to the Hotel and back again the next morning as we will be arriving to LGW by train which is just minutes from the check in. :tup
Thanks for both replys, I'm a little confused now, the confirmation page I printed off yesterday when i booked online states it's north terminal, but the confirmation e-mail they sent me says south terminal.I'm flying out on friday April 9th,should it be North?
Hi maggiemae ... according to the Easyjet website, flight numbers between 8000 and 8999 operate from the North Terminal. All other flight numbers operate from the South Terminal.

David :wave
maggiemae,

Just to confirm, Easyjet use both the North and South Terminal but as David mentions, Malta departs from the North Terminal. If you're in doubt in the future, airline terminal information for Gatwick departures are available on Gatwicks website.

Darren
We are only taking one hold case on our next booking to Tenerife for the 2 of us. I know the Easyjet booking says we each have 20kg allowance and the 1 hold case can weigh up to 32kg but has anyone done this.

I dont want to get to the airport and find that an important bit of 'small print' I haven't read meant that my interpretation of 32kgs for the one case was wrong !

Thanks, Chris
I may be wrong but in the terms and conditions it says one piece maximum size 56x45x25cm could 32kgs get into these dimensions? I think you would have 12 kgs excess which you have to pay for if you take just the one. The 32kgs would be Ok if you both paid for a hold bag. as I say I may very well be wrong I hope so but that is the way I read it. :think
Sorry David, but you are wrong!

To start Chris is asking about paid hold baggage, the measurement you quote are for the one free item of hand baggage.

Then it gets a bit complicated because easyjet have altered the wording on their T&Cs so they aren't clear about pooling. But fear not, this page http://easyjet.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easyjet.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=4&p_created=1074004664&p_sid=RISNQuwj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MjYsMjYmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3BhZ2U9MSZwX3NlYXJjaF90ZXh0PWhvbGQgYmFnZ2FnZQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1 is still online and shows in pictures that 2 people can share 1 paid bag and take up to 32kg. This was spotted last year and it's still on (20th January) , it means easyjet are one of the very few cheap airlines who allow pooling of allowances. It's probably an idea to print it when you book, and get the internet time and date as part of the page.
David and Steve,

Thanks for your feedback. I keep meaning to ask at the Easyjet desk when we fly but I have always been either keen to get through security going or get back to the car when we return.

We don't go to Tenerife until early March but I'm back in Spain in 2 weeks so I will make the effort to ask at the airport as it will be my last opportunity.

As I'm sure you will point out things could change between asking and going to Tenerife.

Regards, Chris

ps Steve, I have printed the page from the link you provided and will keep it with the rest of the paperwork I have - thanks for that it could be very useful.
Dazbo,
We are travelling Manchester to Tenerife with Easyjet on Sat 27th March. Can you confirm which terminal it is as it does not state on the e-ticket. Also the flight number is just 1903 and not an EZY reference???? Do you also know which aircraft this will be?
Many Thanks.
stana,

Easyjet operate out of Terminal 3 at Manchester. EZY1903 is operated by an Airbus A320-200.

Darren
Chris and Steve,

Sorry I was completely wrong, the link that Steve sent outlines it all.
For Tenerife in April I have paid for two bags, in future we will consider one of 32kg, thank you.
My Apologies, :duh
Hi David,

Our comments and feedback are pretty much spot on 99.999% of the time and these thoughts provide valuable information and/or generate discussion to those who read the postings.

Sometimes we get it wrong unknowingly, I had a post removed tonight for good reason - it wasnt rude, no swearing involved and wasnt going to start WWIII but on reflection to remove it was the right thing to do.

Back to the luggage - hopefully I will be able to confirm in due course that all is well with one bag of up to 32kgs for the two of us.

I'm still hoping that someone will be confirm this before 2 March !

To me it seemed to good to be true and still does, but I guess that mentality comes with travelling with Ryanair most of the time !

Regards, Chris
Still tough times ahead - EasyJet

Easyjet has warned that economic conditions "remain challenging" and the budget carrier continues to expect a tough trading environment.

The forecast came as the airline reported total revenue up by 10.5% to £607.5 million in the three months to December 31.

The number of passengers carried in the quarter was 11 million, a rise of more than nine per cent over the same period a year earlier, with more than half originating from outside the UK.

But the airline had £8 million of additional costs resulting from the "unprecedented" level of weather-related disruption at European airports at the end of December. Despite this the airline managed to fly nearly 90% of its programme

The load factor increased by 2.4 percentage points in the quarter to 85.8% and total revenue per seat improved by 4.2% to £47.50 in the quarter, (down 0.4% per seat on a constant currency basis).

Ancillary revenues grew by 14% per seat to £9.90 driven by growth in the checked bag charge which increased by £0.42 to £4.39 per seat and an 18% per seat growth in ancillary revenues excluding the checked bag charge.

In-flight revenue benefited from improvement in spend per head which reached £2.

EasyJet's first half performance and consequently the 2010 first half pre-tax result is expected to be a loss in the range of £80 million to £95 million, described as a "significant improvement" compared to the first half of the prior financial year.

Yield performance and any future levels of weather related disruption are the key variables, it added.

"Economic conditions remain challenging and we continue to expect a tough trading environment," the airline said.

"However, the underlying performance of the business in the first quarter has been encouraging and easyJet remains on track to deliver substantial profit improvement during 2010."

Chief executive Andy Harrison said: "EasyJet was the best performing European airline during 2009 because we offer the lowest fares to the most convenient airports. easyJet has continued to deliver a superior performance into the first quarter of our new financial year.

"The strength of customer demand has allowed us to grow passengers flown by nearly 10% with virtually no yield deterioration, slightly ahead of our initial expectations.

Looking forward, the airline said capacity, measured in seats flown, for both the first half and the full year is expected to increase by around 10%.

With over 65% of winter seats sold, first half revenue is performing "better than initially forecast". EasyJet now expects total revenue per seat at constant currency to be only "slightly down" in the first half of the year compared to the prior period.

Forward bookings are slightly ahead of the prior year.

EasyJet said its pre-tax result in 2010 at current fuel prices and exchange rates is expected to benefit by around £60 million in the first half of the year and £100 million for the full year from the positive contribution of lower dollar fuel prices as higher price fuel hedges roll off and a stronger euro, partially offset by the negative impact of a strengthening US dollar.

With permission from Travelmole
EasyJet targets more charter routes

Charter airlines face fresh budget airline competition on key summer sun routes from Gatwick this summer

EasyJet is to start low cost flights to Antalya in Turkey, and the Greek islands of Crete, Kos and Zakynthos from May with fares starting at £41.99 one way.

Antalya and Chania will be served three times a week, with four flights a week schedule for Kos and Zakynthos

The services will be operated by new Airbus 320 aircraft due to arrive at the airline's biggest base this spring.

This will take the total number of Gatwick-based aircraft to 41 and increasing the network to 83 routes

These four routes are in addition to three previously announced new services to Dusseldorf, Hamburg and Bordeaux due to start next month.

Seats go on sale at http://www.easyjet.com later today.

With permission from Travelmole
Hello
Please I would very much appreciate some words of wisdom. In April I will be using Easyjet for the first time from Alicante to Gatwick and back - not without some misgivings.
Is it worth paying for the speedy boarding facility ?
How is checking in (with hold luggage) and boarding managed ? Is it advantageous to check in electronically at home (I have read that the first 30 passengers to check in get to board after the Speedies - does that include the ones who book in at home ?)
How early is it worth getting to check-in ?
The fare I am paying is reasonable, but after reading reviews on some sites I am wondering whether to take a self-defence course or get some rugby training in before I go.....
Many thanks in anticipation
Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.