Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
ha ha ha ha i am well know for the amount of pics i take when we are on holidays.

i will defo go, it will be a little honeymoon of our own, mind you everyone will probably want to come with us!!!!!!!!

did you have a ride on a camel? i dont know wether i would do that.

mill :D
OOh, wouldnt recommend that Mill, sorry. :shock: :oops:

We got told off the tour Guide....... they are okay with you getting up to sit on the Camel....... but when you want to get off, they can charge you upto £50! No kidding. :roll: Also, dont directly take photos of the Camels....... if the owners see you, they want payment for it.

When we went last year, for every £1cyp, in Egypt it was the equivilant to £12 in Egyptian money.

My hubby was "bothered" by a young Egyptian boy, wanting to take hubbys empty can of coke off him....... he would obvioulsy have charged my hubby for the honour of getting rid of it for him.

Be careful...... :lol:
oh my god the cheek of that (charge for a empty can) ha ha ha. i will defo stay away from the camels then!!!!!!

imagine that getting charged that much for sitting on a camel!!!!!

the things people try and some times do get away with.

millxxx
Mill, Cairo itself is not a very prett site, around the strrets etc. :(

I was amazed at how many "derelict", or at least they looked it, buildings there were.

It can also be a little intimidating when you are making the journey on the coach, from the Pyramids to the Cairo Museum.......... there is a high Police Presence along the Roads....... they all have guns.
Obviously this is for the Tourists safety, but i was quite suprised, never expected it. :shock:

Louise xx
hi louise

i have heard things like that, someone told me that when they got off the coach she said to her hubby "its really dirty, look at all the bin bags on the floor" it wasnt bin bags it was people.

i will have to go though for the experience!!!!
I thought the same as you Louise (re the buildings), our tour guide told us that when buildings are completed there are taxes to pay, so a lot of them build them, leave them half finished and only complete when they can afford to pay!

It's a pretty poor country, and the children trying to sell stuff to us were pitiful. The stuff was so cheap, the ones trying to sell to me would have taken practically peanuts for some jewellery etc, very sad.

Great experience there though, we thoroughly enjoyed it.

Kezza x
Its worth the long trip, isnt it Kezza? :lol:

We loved been on the Ship aswell......... in a way, it was like having two Holidays for the price of one.
Cyprus, then mini cruise.

I never thought id say this (omg, i must be getting old) but having been on this trip, i could see myself going on a Holiday on a Cruise Ship now............ :oops:

Go on Mill, do it!! You and hubby wont regret it, believe me.

Louise xx
Have been to Cyprus several times but never been to Egypt to visit the pyramids. We are back in Cyprus next summer, are they worth a visit? We visited the pyramids at Chichen-Itza in Mexico this summer which was fantastic although extremely hot, is it a case of seen one seen them all? Also which is the best way -day flight or mini cruise?
we went to egypt via the cruise from cyprus in 2002 yes it was good we went on a ship called princessa victoria which i believe no longer sails but iit was good 5 course meal going and coming back nice cabin, entertainment etc.

it was awfully hot we went in september i would dread it any other time because it is deserty no air!

went did the pyrimids, paprayas factory, museum was interesting and can say yes we ahve been although i would never return.

going back to cyprus 16th july 2006 getting married on 20th in paphos.

where you hoping to go.
Does anyone know how to go about booking one of these? We travel to Cyprus in September with First Choice so would it be best to book it with them or once in resort?
Hi rachaeluk2001-we are going to Nissi Bay in September, you'll be an old married woman by then!
Emma....
Does anyone know how to go about booking one of these?

the choice is really yours... but I personally would wait and book it once you are there. There's plenty of different tours available, and it will pay you to shop around to find one that suits you. Shopping around will also enable you to find one that fits in with your budget, it will also probably be cheaper than through the tour operator.

have fun.....boaz
Emma, we booked the mini cruise to Egypt whilst in resort, Protaras to be exact. We went on the Salamis Glory. Lovely ship. :wink:

"Is it worth the visit?" In one word................

DEFINATELY. We went in 2004, and we will always remember it. If you want to know anything about it, the Ship, journey, Pyramids etc, just PM me.

Louise xx :wave
Great to hear its such a worthwhile trip. my son and I are flying to Paphos on 26th to stay in Limossol. what kind of price would the mini cruise be? 8)
HI Tannes. :)

If you fly out this month, then im sure you will mind the mini cruises will have stopped.

If i remember rightly, they start from around May until October. :(

Maybe you could contact your Travel Agents, to see if they can give you any info. :wave xxxxx
Hi cromwell :D
wondred if the cruise was seasonal. Thanks anyway, we will just have to visit again! At least it will be warmer than here! its abour 4 degrees here brrrrrrrrrr :(
tannes xx
congratulations for the wedding day then! Yes old marrie woman i will be! i cant wait. who have you booked your wedding with??
I went with my wife and our two sons 2 weeks ago, we went on the Salamis Glory, not a bad ship in the harbour but too small for an enjoyable trip, bearing in mind the weather's changing now, on the way over there was a bit of a roll, my wife, and many others didn't enjoy it but not really a problem, coming back it was terrible, the ship was all over the place, this time my wife, stepson and many that we spoke to when leaving the ship, had terrible sea sickness.

However, the ship wasn't the point of the trip, and we did the trip to the Pyramids, Museum & Nile cruise....

It was wwful, the Museum was more stress than it was worth, you could learn and see more in an hour online than you would at the Museum itself, chaos doen't begin to describe it, the Nile "cruise" is a trip on a floating restaurant, by the time you finish lunch you are back where you started, the Pyramids are awesome and worth seeing but the hassle you get from camel riders trying to get you on a camel make it a PITA, not to mention the camel sh*t, at the nearby Sphinx you get hustled to buy T-shirts ect every other yard.

On the tour bus you get told to buy nothing until you get to the "Official Shop", right at the end of the tour, we saw the guide getting her commission just as we were leaving :roll: , the bus driver was talking on his mobile with both hands off the wheel for more time than I felt comfortable with and the armed guard on the bus (who was licensed to kill, according to the guide) fell solid asleep :shock:

My advice; fly to Cairo, take a taxi to the Pyramids, fly out on the same day. :(
hi everyone

i have spoken to the hubby to be and told him we will be doing it, he is really pleased about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.