Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
BigAl-6,

First Choice operate out of Terminal 2.

Darren
Hi,

If you are flying long haul with First Choice I understand you can upgrade the TV so you get some extra films etc, please could you tell me how you do this, does it have to be done at booking the holiday or do you request it on the plane?

Many thanks
Hi Katiesmum,

You can upgrade on the flight.

Although we go in the premier star class section, I know you can upgrade your tv in the star class section on long haul flights for about £5.

On the remote control there is a credit card swipe slot, however, before you try to upgrade the system yourself, the cabin crew asks you to contact them first (because it doesn't always work straight away).

It could be that rather than you trying to do it with your card, you may just give them the £5 and they do something with the main control system that allows you to see the upgraded films.

I think it is worth it. They is so much to look at or do.

I hope this helps.

Sheila.
Thanks Shiela,

Is that £5 each way? Also is it possible to actually find out what you get for the extra before paying it. Not that I`m tight but may only be worth it for Katie if there are enough films on the normal bit for us!

Only heard about this the other day, so any more info would be great.

Many thanks

Helen
katiesmum,

IFE upgrades only apply to the Boeing 767-300/ER's used on long haul flights, and rarely on short hauls. The IFE can be upgraded for £5 each flight. FCA used to have the same listings on the inbound flight as they did on the outbound, but they now change it for the inbound flight. It is recommended NOT to try and upgrade the IFE yourself by swiping your card. The cabin crew will come round after take off and upgrade it for you if you want it. The major benefit of upgrading is the on-demand function, ie you can start and pause things as desired rather than waiting for the system to loop. You also get a greater selection of films and games which are new release. An entertainment guide is located in the seat pocket which list everything and what the upgrade package contains.

Darren
Thanks Darren,

Hopefully we are booking Mexico for next August with First Choice (I`m still working on the price) so I`m assuming we`d be on the right kind of plane to do this.

Thanks again for the info.
katiesmum,

That'll be a 767-300/ER. There's more info on my flight reviews (links on page 47 of this thread), particularly from March 2007 on the Puerto Vallarta flights when I upgraded the IFE on the inbound.

Darren
Thanks, I`ll take a look.
What type of plane will I be flying from gatwick to tenerife
barrydavies2,

When are your travelling? Have you got a flight number? It would normally be a Boeing 757-200 or Airbus A321-200.

Darren
Any one know what films are showing at the moment on the long haul flights thanks very much
- FCA4200 does this help
barrydavies2,

Thanks for the flight number, but when are you travelling? Airlines change there schedules at the end of this month to the winter programme so everything changes. I would assume you've going in the winter season as the flight isn't listed on ACARS as yet as we're still in the summer season. If you let me have your dates of travel, I'll check the winter season for you. There are several flight from LGW - TFS!! As stated above, it'll probably be a 757-200.

Darren
christmas day just wanted to know the pitch of the seats thanks
barrydavies2,

It'll be 28" regardless of aircraft type. It's scheduled to be a 757-200 as far as I know.

Darren
Thank you I will have to go on a diet :lol:
Hi all,

Does anyone know what films are showing on the FirstChoice flight from Gatwick to Mexico in October.

Firstchoice used to have a link on their web page but this has been removed.
At the risk of sounding sad, when do the winter charter flights begin the winter season to Goa? I ask as I like to occasionally check to see if there are any delays. That way when it is my turn to go on holiday, I am not too surprised if our flight has a slight delay. Not that we have had that much problems regarding delays with First Choice.

When we used to fly to Goa with Monarch, there seemed to be delays every other week.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.