Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi just a couple of quick questions that will be easy for the experts on here,

We have book the reef oasis blue bay in sharm on 5th may 08 with portland but the flights are with First choice nos FCA932 & FCA933

Q1 what is the luggage weight limit likely to be?

Q2 what is the seating arramgement likely to be/

And finally how does this compare to Thomson and First Choice long haul set ups ie seat back tv's that sort of thing.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this and i look foreward to your answers

Stephenjm99
stephenjm99,

Your flights should be operated by a Boeing 757-200. These are configured 3-3 with 28" seat pitch. Luggage allowance will be printed on your tickets. It's normally 20kg. For more information, refer to FCA's website.

There are several difference between the long haul and short haul products. First thing you'll notice is the aircraft size; a narrow bodied airliner compared to a wide body (ie single isle compared to double). Seat pitch is 28" compared to 33" and IFE is provided via ceiling mounted screens rather than seat back.

Have a great time,

Darren
many thanks Darren

I knew someone would be able to answer my Q's didn't expect it to be quite as fast.

All the best Stephenjm99
Hi We are going to cuba next july flying with first choice A holiday we booked 4 months ago.
This afternoon First chioce phoned to offer the premium seats upgrade for £89 each. Hubby took the call and said no but now thinking about it not sure wether to phone back and take the offer(if still avaible)
How much do these seats normal cost And has anyone experienced both cabins and think its worth it for this price.
Hi knitter46. I would buy those seats. I have only travelled in the premium seats not the others and I enjoyed every minute of the journey. We paid a lot more than that.
knitter46,

The normal cost of SCP is £150-£200. At that price, my opinion is it's not worth it given SC is excellent. I've done FCA's longest flight of 14 hours (actually 9hrs 40 + 3hrs 35 but we were on the aircraft for 14 hours including the 45 mins tech stop) and loved every minute. I don't think you get your monies worth and would rather put the £150+ towards a higher class hotel and get the benefit for 2 weeks rather than the duration of the flights, but that's just me. Having said that, £89 is a bargain price and I'd seriously consider it.

Darren
thanks for your speedy replies
Trouble is i love a bargain so still unsure... I think If still undecide when I get home from work tomorrow pm. I will ring them to see if the seats are still avaible. With such a good saving unlikely If they are...... it meant to be :D ...What do they say about women never been able to make their minds up!!!!! :wink:
As a contrast we are going with First Choice to DR in Feb 2008 - the upgrade is currently coming out at ~ £950 for two of us - grab the upg for £89 quick!!
Hi knitter

Check that the £89 is for each way. (I just dont trust these companies!)

Doe
Just flown with Firstchoice to fuerteventura on time both ways.booked 16 flight only my daughter and family of five got free upgrades.She was buzzing free drinks headphones etc.no problems at all meals 100%better than the rubbish thomsons are dishing out.Only thing is will this change with takeover if it does their takings will be down and they will try to recouperate in other ways i.e luggage charges.the more complaints they recieve the better as they hopefully might take notice,but there again maybe not!.
Hi there,
We are flying FC Manchester-Cancun on Dec 9th with our 5 children. We booked in January and paid the extra for sitting together. If the plane is configured 2-3-2 I would rather we were seperated across the aisles so at least we can see each other- does anyone know how FC prefer to allocate seats for those wanting to sit together? We have also paid for early check-in the day before as we are staying at the Travelodge so will check-in times make a difference?

TIA

Jenny :D
jayJ78,

If you have pre-booked seating, you'll have seats allocated across the row, ie 2-3. I suspect they'll allocate the other 2 seats either infront or behind to keep everyone close together in a block. Your seats will be pre-allocated on the system so it shouldn't make a difference what time you check in. That's what you paid the extra for! Peace of mind.
With pre-allocated seats, they can't be changed at check-in so if in doubt, give FCA a call and see if you can request a full row if thats what you prefer.

Darren
Hi

We are flying to the Dominican Republic on the 6th Dec from Manchester.

Flight Number FCA166

Could you tell us what aircraft it will be please, and also a seating plan if possible. And any pictures :)

Also. Are headphones included on the flight for the onboard entertainment system or do you have to buy them.

We are in Star Class

Cheers

Tone71
Tone71,

Your flights are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER. All the aircraft information is on this thread with links to photo's. Have a look at my flight reviews for more information(links are on page 47). Headphones are provided as part of the amenity packs given out on the outbound flight.

Darren
going to Cozumel, Mexico with FC but not until next September so could possibly be a thomson flight.
Will this flight be operating from the north terminal? & if it does turn out to be a thomson flight will the terminal change?

Hope our flight does stick to a FC flight as we know what we are expecting or if does it change they should surely write to passengers rather than just getting on the plane on the day of departure without knowing?!
xdaniellex,

I assume you are travelling from Gatwick? First Choice operate from the North Terminal. Thomsonfly operate from the South Terminal. Your flight details will be confirmed when you receive your tickets.

Darren
Cheers Dazbo

Looks like a pleasant 9 hour or so hour journey for us then.

It is just when we went to Turkey in 2002 through Thomas Cook, we had to purchase the earphones on board at i think £3 a set.
Tone71,

There's a world of difference between TCX short haul and FCA Star Class long haul! I fly with FCA regularly and their long haul product is currently the best there is charter wise.

Have a great time,

Darren
I know this is sad, but has anyone recently returned from Goa, if so, what films/tv programmes were showing?
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.