Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hello tiny, there used to be a thing on this forum about just the thing you are on about, most people on here always say always pick a four star hotel in Malta as anything under would be taking a chance as to weather it was a one star even if it said a three star. I have been to Malta five times and stayed in a four star each time.
All but one of these I would say came up to its four stars and it was the Coast Line hotel at Salina Bay, the rest were very poor for what we had to pay, The Park hotel, the Kennedy Nova (twice it seemed good the first time) the Fortina hotel (before it was done up)
One of the problems I see with a lot of the hotels in Malta is that they try to shoe horn them into small area's, small rooms, small roof top pools and high prices, not very good food on half board with poor entertainment. There was a time when you could go to Malta and it was a cheap holiday but like the rest of the holiday trade things go up but not the standard, yes they have built some new hotels and they are five star but look at the price to stay in one.
I can never understand why they have not built more hotels round there best beaches instead of places like Sleima were they have no room for them.

Dave
I have to agree. We always go 4 star to Malta but have just got back from 3 star in Mallorca. the hotel was far superior to any 4 star Maltese hotel. But then we dont go to Malta nto stay in the hotel, it is just a base really.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.