Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
How is this helping mazzy :duh .

She/he has asked for some suggestions of a decent A/I that by the sound of it is not going to break the family budget . I've stayed at many of those I've listed and have had good food at them all, particularly the Belcekiz and the Hemera. All of them we have thoroughly enjoyed .

Does anyne else have any good suggestions for Mazzy :)

lyn
Club turban and the Royal garden appear to get good reviews for Ai in Marmaris.
Club Turban is NOT in Marmaris! It may be in the Marmaris district but it is 6 kms from Marmaris as the hotels website states.
I would not recommend the hotel now as my friends went in September and were not impressed.
The latest reviews are not that good now.
You certainly would think a company which own's the hotel would know exactly where they are wouldnt you?
http://www.clubturban.com/eng/ulasim.php
  • Edited by rwb46 2009-11-03 11:41:58
For goodness sake can you not give it a rest!
I will not post again on HT because of this antagonism caused because you think you know best when you havent even stayed at the Turban hotel which is 2 kms from Icmeler and 6kms from Marmaris.
I will go to Bodrum on my next holiday as no one on that forum behaves so silly.
rwb46, I agree with Jaytrip, let's leave it now. The reason I posted the link is to stop the arguments, as was said, this is not helping the OP.

Don't let anyone put you off posting Jaytrip, you are a valued member of HT.

Kedi
Dont let anyone stop you posting on here, ignore people who try to get one over, they are just very sad people who have nothing better to do, if you have stayed at a place and have experience of it, your opinion counts, not someone who has never stayed there, dont leave this forum you are a very valuable member
icmeler on line is a nice friendly forum to go on, if anyone makes any nasty comments on there you get banned, but please keep writing on here
Ok so it says Marmaris 5km, Icmeler 3km

Can we leave it now now we have the 'truth'
My thoughts exactly. The thing is the original poster hasnt even expressed an interest in the particular property so rwb46 should let it drop! Lets just say for those who didnt know the location - they certainly will now!!

Hope Jay Trip continues to post.
dont think she will be for a while :cry I would be offended if i had put some info on here which was true to be told i was wrong. Lets hope this is the end of it and carry on being a friendly forum
Hi Suemackay

I notice that Jaytrip has been a member for a long time on this forum. She has a high number of helpful posts and it will be a great pity if she stops contributing!
I notice that Jaytrip has been a member for a long time on this forum

Indeed she has Morh . She Also has a wealth of experience of different board types and resorts in Turkey and therefore can give a good all round balanced view unlike myself that always stays A/I or others that favour Self catering .

Come on Jean , We need you here . Dont let anyone drive you out :kiss
lynwestie -

As you say she can give a good all round balanced view which is so helpful to other posters. I know from reading your posts that you enjoy all inclusives and that is absolutely fine if that is what suits you best. You have given very helpful advice on many occasions on the forum without "selling" all inclusive to others and insisting that your way is best.

I do find it very irritating when posters think that what they choose is always best and they are always right. As has been said many times before what suits one doesnt necessarily suit another.

Dont think people should feel intimidated on a holiday forum which unfortunately does sometimes happen.

Bring back Jean!!!!
kedi
i have been to marmaris for the last 12 years ,im going in june
what i want is i want to bodrum in september bed /breakfast or s/c
have you been and can you help me
tony
Hi Tony, I know that Kedi will be along soon but here's my two-pennorth (as we say in Lancashire). Do you want to stay in Bodrum itself or are you looking at the Bodrum peninsula? I'm saying that 'cos some of the brochures/websites say a hotel is in Bodrum when it's actually somewhere on the peninsula and not actually in Bodrum town.

What kind of place are you looking - young and lively, relaxing and chilling, a mixture? If you give us a bit more info about what you enjoy, then maybe we can make some suggestions. We have a house in Gumbet and visit at least five times a year and have spent many happy days exploring the peninsula so know it pretty well - and all the different resorts.

JAKKI xx
Hi Tony,

Sorry, I have only just seen your post. Do you want to stay in Bodrum itself or one of the resorts nearby? Bodrum is great for nightlife, shopping an sightseeing but thre isn't much of a beach there so if you like relaxing on the beach maybe one of the resort nearby would be better. Gumbet is lively, lots of bars and restaurants and things to do, Bitez is more laid back with plenty of good restaurants and a few bars. Both these resorts are close to Bodrum (10 - 15 minutes by dolmus)

I don't know much about accomodation in Bodrum but if you fancy Gumbet or Bitez I can suggest a few places.

Kedi
hi gumbett jakki
thanks about the bodrum town and peninsula if theres plenty of shops to look at that will do for my wife women love looking at shops so is it gumbet or bodrum i just want achange next sptemberas we have been going to marmaris for the last 12 years as long as there are nice restauarants and bars and shops for the wife so is it gumbet or bodrum
tony
you sound proper lancs women
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.