Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LTI Grand Azure *
1176 Posts
Gixer

Its not expensive when you consider the cost of the flight and the standard is pretty good, I HOPE. we've done other AI in the Carib' and Mallorca - would never go AI in Spain again. We paid £2400 for 2 + 2 in the July Holls which I think is excellent , we usually end up spending that for a week anywhere else. Try oneline I found first choice very good but missed the last place for the flight, ended up getting a massive January discount from going places that saved us £400= offer the cost and free insurance!!!

Nigel
Hi

I think its a good price as when I looked up thomascook (online) for may half term next year (june 1st) it came out to £2660 for two adults and 2 kids, had to have a family room though. Was your quote for a family room or standard? Haven't looked up any other operators yet. We are going out there this May half term but have bought flights and accommodation seperately as this worked out cheaper than the tour operators. Just shop around to find the best deal.

If we have a great time then we will possibly go back may half term next year too and could see you there.

Cheers

Nicola
Hi
Depending on which airports you can fly from,, we found the best deal for half term feb06 was to book flights and then the hotel via tesco-yes tesco :!:
Hope this helps
Hi Welshlass, we too booked our hotel with tesco. can't decide at the moment if to go Feb half term, Easter or May half term. Will see what this trip brings I suppose, can't gobooking next year when Ihaven't even been this year!
Nicolaw
Great to know someone else has booked with Tesco :lol: When you go this year by any chance did you see my earlier question about family rooms? Still trying to find out for sure what they look like :shrug
bye for now and have a great time
Tesco? how on earth do you go about booking a hotel through Tesco? will definatley have to check that out!
I was quoted £2225 By Thomas cook TV for a standard room. Have checked other tour ops such as cosmos airtours etc and they all range from £2460 to £3200! so it looks as if might pay to book early :D
Hiya

Tesco on line have a travel section which is linked to lastminute.com, and you get tesco clubcard points so money off other things too!
Flights were booked with A1 travel.com, a thomson flight but cheaper than on Thomsons website.

Anyway back to rooms Welshlass, we have booked a suite as we didn't get the choice of a family room when we booked with Tesco. We are going with an 11 month old so he would have to be in our room anyway!

Nicky
Hi, Ive just found this site and think it is great and really useful, Im booked to go to the Grand Azure in July for 7nts with my boyfriend and 2 friends, I too opted for the cheaper option booking flights and hotel seperatly through med hotels, but this means we dont get a transfer can anyone answer for me:
* How far is the Hotel from the airport?
* How much should we expect to pay for a taxi?
* is it safe to just jump in to any taxi at the airport or are there designated ones for tourists which are recommended.
I hope someone can help as im not sure what to expect !
Thanks
Hi" Has anyone used the Gym at the Azure,

Is it a large Gym,
Dose it get busy,
Are there plenty of machines,

Cheers" Sponge Bob
hi sponge bob ,
are you a gym queen like myself ?
i have asked these questions umpteen times with no replies !
i am starting to wonder if there is actually a gym there !
i will be very upset if there is not one there
i need to be in the gym every day or life is not worth living !
hope you get some replies on the subject ,
keep it real bob !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, it's only a few days till i fly out, getting excited now. Off from Manny airport on Monday morning. Staying in a familly room, unless i can arrange an upgrade to a suite when i get there, but i'm sure i'll be able to get loads of good photo's.

Anyone else going there in the next couple of weeks?

I'll more than likely pay a few visits to the gym while i'm there Sponge Bob & Skully, so i'll see if i can get you a few pics.

cheers

Kef
The Hotel is approx 20mins and cost no more than £5 for a taxi you will have to haggle but make sure you jump into a blue and white taxi as these are the actual ones (dont pay anymore than 50 eyptian pounds).

The gym is very basic but if you are a complete GYM nut then I guess as long as there is a few machines to use then you will be happy. If not there is a long stretch of pathway down by the beach which stretches for 1KM in one direction and 3KM the other. If you want it to be a gym where you are a Geoff Capes then your probably going to be out of luck.
You should have no problems getting on the gym equipment as not that many people on holiday tend to use it.

Hope this helps :?:
Hi KefKef

We go on Monday May 30th. can't wait.

Not using the gym, but the outdoor stairmaster instead, will be going up and down the stairs to the waterslides. Should be a good workout!

Nicky
Hi Nicky
A word of advise do not go down the slides head first even if you have had a couple of drinks and are tempted. There was a guy out there that attempted this when we were there and trust me he wasn't a pretty picture after. I am not trying to put a dampner on your experience just this guy had to have 15 stitches on his head and tore a load of ligaments in his arm and hence no more alcohol that holiday. This was only his 2nd day - the pool is not very deep at the end of the slides its more like a kid paddling pool... You have been warned :wink:
kefkef
Great to hear someone is staying in a family room :!: Can't wait to see the pics.Have a great time :sun
Thanks for the advice. Nope won't be going down head first, just with my 5 year old. Good pools shallow for her cos then that will give her some independance to go on her own. She loves waterslides, hence us picking this hotel

Cheers

Nicky
Dont suppose you've got room in your suitcase for me.... :lol:
Have a fab time, you will love it out there
Not with all the nappies we have to take for our baby!
You can always try and squeeze in though.
hope its a good as the majority of people say it is.
hi kef kef

looking forward to hearing what you think of the family rooms and where they are. we booked family rooms last may for this july (seems like forever) but a new invoice came recently with double rooms on ,so the travel agent is on the case trying to get it sorted with first choice, bit concerned though as there are only 33 family rooms and we wanted 3 for our party, will be happy with 3 suites instead just waiting for news from the travel agent.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.