Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
lti grand azure
1176 Posts
Welcome Nice Nic.
You will find us all a nice bunch.
We go out on the 30th May. Will post a review and some pics when I return.

Nicky
:D :D :D
that's good, it ended up in the right place! thanks Nicky.
we're booked into a superior room, does anybody know what these are like or which cluster we'll be in. i understand that some are a bit better than others but i was under the impression that the family rooms are nicest (not that i mind, i'm sure we'll be fine wherever we are)
Hi again,

I have no idea what the rooms are like but I am sure someone else will be able to advise. We are in a suite.

Nicky
Hi Nicky and nice nic and everyone else! Haven't posted on this thread for a while but have been keeping track of you all :lol:
nice nic, we fly home to Gatwick on September 8th (fly out August 25th) so you can have my seat at the bar :wink:
Nicky, not long until you leave. Glad you too are staying in a Junior Suite - I would love to see some photos when you return. It would also be wonderful if you could get any idea of where/which clusters the Suites are located/in and which part of the resort you might recommend. Maybe I'll have a stab at emailing the hotel to request a particular room/cluster based on your post-holiday insight! Ideally I wouldn't want to be located anywhere too noisy in the evenings - nothing worse than being confined to the room with a sleeping child and listening to everyone else at the bar or watching the eving entertainment and having a wonderful time ... oops is that twice now I've mentioned the bar :oops:
Whilst I am here, thanks to everyone who has posted reviews and advice. Happy holidays to everyone yet to travel. Marg, Skully and Sponge Bob - you guys sound like you'll be having an amazing time - can't wait to hear from you when you get back.
Hi Ermintrude
I will certainly send you some photos. I think the suites are near to the new reception. I have asked the hotel for a ground floor room so that we don't have to carry the pram up stairs as apparently no lifts, you have reminded me to ask for a quiet location as like you we don't want to watching people enjoying themselves in the bar when we are in our room with the kids asleep.

Likewise thanks to everyone for all your advice and information.
Hi, you are correct the suites are near the reception and getting the kids to sleep will be no problem unless you take them to the terrace bar at night... I say this because this is where they have a disco about 11.00pm and the kids there wanted to dance the night away more than the adults. I think they had been drinking too much coke and got quite hyperactive!
Hi danbfooty,

So we won't be on top of the bars then, thats good.
Our daughter will be going to the miniclub and usually likes staying up to watch the entertainment so maybe she will hit the disco in the terrace bar. We don't let her drink much coke. bet its quite a sight though seeing lots of hyperactive kids bopping around!
The kids had more rythm than the parents so watching both kids and adults bopping around or should I say stumbling around was amussing!!!
:D :lol: :D :lol:
so am i right in thinking that the suites are family rooms?
Nope the suites are one room, family room have a small adjoining room attached. I think anyway!
Sorry me again.

Danbfooty a question for you and anyone else who has already stayed. What cluster numbers are the suites located in?

http://www.stevegale.co.uk/grand/map.htm

As I don't think we would want to be in cluster 9 overlooking the entertainment area.

Cheers

Nicola
yeah i feel the same as you Nicola on that one, don't want to be right next to the noisiest bit. i know in the quieter months its been quite easy for people to move around upon request but i doubt there'd be many options left during the summer. i would imagine it'll be booked up from june onwards
I agree, we'll just have to see what other people say. i will take that map with me when I go to let people know where the good blocks are.

How old are your kids then?
:?
not sure if that question was for me nicola but i haven't got any kids, it's just me and my bloke going (altough he could be classed as a very big kid).
you're gonna be there before you know it you lucky lady. can you let me know what the teperatures are like in the evening. from what some folk have said i'm imagining i'll need chunky cardies & warm socks but i'm sure this can't be right!

nic
Hi Nice nic, the kids question was for emintrude sorry.

A recent review of the hotel said there was not a cardie in sight. I wasn't planning on taking any jackets or cardies or anything.
:wink:
yeah i'm sure we can't really need stuff like that in such a hot place (apart from when we're suffering from sunstroke and shivering like mad of course). only joking, i'm sure we're all gonna be very sensible as far as the weather is concerned. my bloke (Gaz) just doesnt get it though - when we've been away in the past to places like turkey and greece he lets himself burn but then goes really brown. i've told him there's no way he'll get away with this in egypt but you know how men always think they know best.............
Hi

Back to the question on the suites: If I remember correctly they are further up towards the lobby than cluster 9, although this map is helpful it does not really give you a true perception as to the size of the place.

It takes approx 10 minutes to walk from the lobby down to the beach at a nice calm pace just to give you an idea.

I think it would pay for you to send the hotel an email about this just to double check.
Hi

Does anyone know tthe difference between a standard room and a suite, there are 4 of us 2 adults and 2 children, the hotel say that I can upgrade for $10 pp p night what do you get extra, we did not have any choice when booking. Also what electric plug adapters do you need in the rooms.

many thanks.

Nigel :lol:
Hi All,

My family and I are going out to The Grand Azure at the end of July and after reading these postings are really looking forward to it!

We have booked interconnecting rooms, has anyone stayed in any of these? Are they standard rooms or larger? Any idea where they are?

We have 2 boys (14 and 12) and a girl (9). Is anyone else going out then with similar aged kids?

Sorry about all the questions!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.