Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
LTI Grand Azure
1176 Posts
hi can anyone please confirm if they have irons in the room or you got to take your own.
Well, the cases are packed and we're about to set off to our overnight stop-off. Should be on the plane at 10:30 tomorrow morning.

Can't wait for 2 weeks of relaxation!

Speak to you all soon,

Kef
hi kef kef

hope you have a fab time, would love to see a picture of the family room if you dont upgrade as it looks doubtful whether we'll ever get to stay in one.

happy hols :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
kkazz/skully,
I have emailed the hotle and they have confirmed that there are Family Rooms available when we are going. They have also said that they can upgrade us, I am waiting for the additional cost, I will let you know when they confirm. I will also get on to First Choice about the additional cost. I will keep you posted.
dsj37
hi everyone
it's terrible that first choice think it's ok to treat you in this way especially when you have booked your hols so far in advance.
i emailed the hotel the other day just trying to find out (out of personal interset) which cluster we were going to be staying in when we go in sept. a bloke called mohammed replied and said that he couldnt provide this info until the week before we are due to arrive. this makes me think that nothing there is planned too far ahead which is really bad especially when you're relying (and have paid for) a particular type of room. it's not really that bad for us because there's only me and my bloke going but i can undrstand your frustration at the situation when you're taking kids with you. good luck folks.
is there definitely a swim up bar at the hotel? i've been going on about it all weekend about how great this will be!
There is deffinatley 3 swim up bars!!!
:D :D :D :D
cheers for that danb4footy, you've just brightened a very grim monday morning. when do you go?
I wish I was going just got back....
hi nic nic

thanks for the info and your concerns, still badgering the travel agents to get it sorted will keep you all posted.
Just returned from Grand Azure and I can confirm that the hotel is fantastic, the grounds and decor are immaculate - the staff work 24 hours a day. In fact the only thing that prevents it from being a true 5 star hotel is the slow service for drinks, but as posted previously, a tip in the right direction does help.

We had booked a suite, (very nice) with fruit and wine waiting for us when we checked in. The mini bar was fully stocked and we even got bath robes! To answer a previous post, there arent any irons in the room.

The swimming pools are very cold but this is because they all have waterfalls and the sun doesn't heat moving water, although here is a heated swimming pool.

The food is good as any other inclusive hotel I have been too, with the Italian being the best (although the menu is limited). The buffet restaurant is adequate but the food was normally cold. If you have booked a suite, you are entitled to use the VIP lounge for breakfast (which I recommend) as well as for branded drinks.

The jetty is still broken and you can only go out part of the way but it is easy enough to climb down into the water, however I do suggest that you wear sea shoes.

I concur with all the other postings that the Germans and Russians are the rudest people ever "¦ although the hotel does seem to cater for them more than the English.

I can confirm that you don't need a visa if you aren't intending on leaving the hotel, just write Sinai on the back of the immigration card, however the Thomas Cook rep was doing his very best to get everybody to buy a visa - telling everybody to queue even though you were unsure what you were queuing for!

I do pity anybody has booked with Thomas Cook as they are the poorest company I have ever had the disadvantage of travelling with. We arrived at Gatwick three hours before our flight, but as they only had 2 desks open (a couple more towards the end) by the time we got airside, we only had 45 minutes before we boarded. When we did board, I was horrified at the lack of room, I am only 5ft 6in and my legs were almost touching the seat in front! On our return journey, we had an 8-hour delay and I know these things happen but the way we were treated was disgusting. I wont bore you with the details but we were constantly lied to and left sitting at Sharm airport for 5 hours.
Hi
Thanks for the review. Good to hear you had a great time even if the return journey was a nightmare! Did you get anythng from TC for having to sit in the airport for 5 hours!

We too have booked a suite, can you only get the branded alcohol in the executive lounge? which block were you in?

Wish the pools were warm, as it will be hard trying to convince our daughter to get in them, but I guess they are quite refreshing when it gets a bit too hot in the sun.

We go on Monday, flying with Thomson.

Thanks again for the review

Nicky
:)
thanks for that TJ50. i love it now that people are arriving back and can give the most up to date info. thats really bad about the delays and stuff but at least you know not to book with them again.
mine is booked through first choice and we're going in september. i wonder if you can help me with this - we're booked in to what first choice describe as a superior room - do you know what tyoe of room this is? are the suites family rooms? my party is just 2 adults and no kids so i've been trying to find out what our room will be like. was it nice and hot while you were there? somebody earlier mentioned about guests being allocated green or red wristbands depending on room type. is this what happenned with you? god i've got so many questions but i don't want to overload you when you've only just arrived back!!!!

nic
It is good to hear from people who have returned and I obtained a lot of info before I went so I will try and answer all your questions:

You can only get branded drinks in the VIP lounge - which although is good for breakfast, lacks atmosphere in the evening.

As for the rooms, Grand Azure has 4 types of rooms:

Standard Rooms - 48 SQM
Connected Rooms
Family rooms - 60 SQM
Junior Suites - 60 SQM
Grand Suites - 75 SQM

So I am unsure what First Choice mean by a superior room! If you have booked a suite you are allocated a green wristband and everybody else has a red wristband. The green wristband allows you access to the VIP lounge and a few other extras such as a free haircut - which my Fiance went for and they did a good job.

It was hot while we were there and my advice would be to get up early to get a sunlounger ... although the hotel info says that they dont allow people to reserve them, most of them have towels on them by 9am.

The pools were refreshing and to be honest, the kids didnt seem to mind the cold - it was the adults that edged in slowly!

Any other questions, I am happy to try and help.
Cheers for the info.

Are you allowed to bring drinks out of the executive lounge or do you have to drink them there?

What drinks do you have in the mini bar?

Sorry for all the questions justgetting excited about going now. Will post a review when we get back.
You do have to drink them in the VIP lounge and although they say branded drinks, they arent always well known brands.

The minibar has coke, fanta, fruit juice and lager and is re-stocked daily. Although the provide you with cofee making facilities, they dont provide milk ... might be worth taking some coffee mate.
Cheers for that. Did think we could get imported alcohol from any of the bars never mind though as I will drink anything.

Whats the wine like for dinner etc and did they give you a cork screw to open the wine in your room?

Finally do they cater for kids in the speciality restuarants or do they have to eat the same as the adults. Our daughter is a very very fussy eater!
I have to say that whilst we were there I did see people get some imported drinks from the terrace bar but this was mainly whiskys.. I dont remember any other drinks imported from there. I am aware that you can get some at the lobby bar also as was indicated on there price list on the bar.
Then again it was only the russians and germans that I saw get them from the terrace bar :evil:
We shall see what happens when we are out there. If its behind the bar will ask as all they can do is say No its only for the russians. We didn't upgrade for the drinks just the extra room, but I know someone who just wants the drinks so had better inform her. thanks again
Hi Everyone - I'm new to this forum and have been reading all your posts about the Grand. They helped us to decide to book here! We can't wait to go - we're flying out from Gatwick on 3rd June - anyone else there then?

I'd been hoping to try and upgrade to a junior suite - without the upgrade to international drinks. Anyone had any luck doing it from the UK, rather than waiting until they arrive?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.