Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
:D
cheers for that stalyvegas (i'm taking it thats a stalybridge reference!!!!!).
i'm not going til september so there's plenty of time to absorb everyone's advice! who are you booked with? are you in the same type of room as us then if you're thinking about the upgrade?
Nic,
We booked with Travelbargains Ltd but the holidays via Libra Holidays (MedHotels) and we have 2 - standard rooms booked (suppose to have a pool view). We have twin 15 year old girls so if anybody needs to know what its like for teengers my two will find out.
John
I check this site everyday and have found some really helpful info, i think all my questions have been answered by everyone !

We arrive on a tuesday (5th July Birmingham) does anyone know if tuesday is a busy day in the airport for flights, I just want to get out of there as quick as i can it sounds dreadful !
Hi Nice Nic

The superior rooms and standard rooms are the same the hotel say, they have standard rooms, suites which are slightly larger and family rooms which are the same as suites but have a seperate bed area. As far as upgrading you have to do this when you arrive, the hotel are now putting out standard E Mail replys as follows:

For accomdation in junior suite only: 10 $ per person per night

For accomdation in junior suite+green braclet(Ultra all inclusive): 25 $ per person per night

Note:you can pay upon check in with reception desk

The extra wristband gets you use of a lounge for breakfast and lunch and what they call international brand drinks, but only from 1 bar I think, personally I dont think its worth it and most who have been agree, the sprits are all pretty much the same over there, an aquired taste anyway#
hope this helps, we are going on the 10th July. :lol:
8)
hi hotrodder
thanks for that. its pretty much what i was thinking, its quite expensive when the extras included won't really make much of a difference to us - there's only two of us going so we dont need extra room and me & my boyf will eat mostly anywhere and will drink anything so wristband colour doesnt really matter to us.
thanks again for the info, i'd started to think we might be missing out on something!!

Nic
Hi

Seams like a lot of people are now going out for half term, thats great we fly out on Monday, virtually done the packing now, but it looks like I need to take an extra case this time for all the nappies.

We have upgraded, but mainly for the extra room as we didn't get a choice of a family room. May not be worth the upgrade if just two of you going. Will let everyone know what its like when we return on the 13th.

Anyone going from Manchester on Monday? See you out there!

Nicky
:)
hi nicky
have a really fabuolous time and remember to keep a daily diary of useful info for the benefit of us lot (only joking, i know you'll have far more important things to do like sunbathing and drinking and sunbathing and drinkung etc!!).
and don't let the russians get the better of you, by the sounds of it some of them can be bullies. show them who's boss before i go.
looking forward to hearing from you when you get back

nic
hi nice nic,

Thanks. Will certainly try and provide a really detailed review when I get back. meeting a few people out there so that will be ace. Camera batteries have been recharged ready to take loads of pics, finally got my egyptian pounds yesterday, just fingers crossed the plane will depart on time on Monday.

:D :D
did you have any probs getting the egyptian pounds? how much have you decided to take with you? this is one of the things we're currently unsure about. did you get any small amounts for tipping or will you just wait to change it when you get there?
Hi

I only took out £50 as we will get money out there as and when we need it, and use credit card for anything big. The smallest note I had was a 20 so thats about £2, and then we had the rest in 50s, so I can use one of those for the taxi we need to get at the airport which I am dreading.

Cheers
Nicky
Hi Nicky,
Started packing, got the Egyptian Pounds, can't wait to get stretched out by the pool. I would say look out for a stressed out couple of 50 year olds with 2 - teenage girls but I don't think they will surface before noon and then its very un-cool to be seen with old people.
If we do see you the drinks are on me, cheers.
Brenda & John
Hi Stalyvegas

Will certainly look out for you. A drink would be nice. We will be even more stressed with our five year old and 10 months old son, trying to stop him crawling off everywhere! he loves water so will want to be in the pool all the time.

See you out there. How long are you going out there? Have your kids just finished there GCSEs or are they doing them next year?
Hi Nicky,
You have definitely got your hands full but I bet they will love it. We are there for two weeks, no plans for anything strenuous, some snorkelling etc but mainly chilling. Have a good trip, don't forget the Kalpol.
Cheers
Just a little tip for you on the money front... If you need to use a cash point out there you dont need to go on a 20 minute bus or taxi ride there is a cash point in the hotel Radisson SAS which is next door. Just thought this might save you some time.
I have totally stocked up on Calpol, plus the ibuprofen one, What wonderful stuff, within 5 minutes of taking it the kids are full of beans.
Having a party on the 1st June for our daughters 5th so all kids invited, taking some water balloons with us to play with on the beach hee hee.

Going off topic now so better go
Dan,
Thanks for the info, that's really helpful.
Stalyvegas

No problem, if theres anything else you need to know just ask. Then again this site pretty much answers every question you need to know.
Have a wonderful time I'm sure you will.
Just thought, do you need to pack beach towels or are the provided by the hotel. If so Are they decent ones you can use on the beach aswell?
You are provided with Towels and they are perfectly fine.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.