General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Glynis HT Admin,

Something like this should be enough. I wouldn't be too worried about a class 10 card. They're the fastest ones and are only really needed for recording HD video. You'll not see much of a difference in a mobile phone but it wouldn't do any harm either. They're just more expensive, that's all.

Darren
I have a 4gb card in my Galaxy Ace and it performs perfectly well.
The actual phone memory itself is quite poor and it's a pain as a number of Apps cannot be moved over to the SD card without downloading other software and messing about with the internal mechanism.
I have music and photos on my SD card but as a small tip: try and get a micro SD which has the adapter with it. Like this: http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-MicroSD-MicroSDHC-Adapter-Static/dp/B001GGL7Z4

It's easier to transfer stuff from your phone SD card to a pc (photos etc) and vice versa rather than having to keep connecting it via the USB cable or downloading Kies software which I found to be highly problematic. I now just remove my micro SD from the phone, slot it into the adapter and pop it in my pc.
Thanks both :tup
He won't be downloading music or anything I reckon he may take the odd photo on holiday that's all.

The deal we got with Virgin means he'll have Internet access which I'd imagine he'll only be using for directions, nearest garage etc as he's not very Internet savvy.

Both of us really only use our phones for calls, texts etc so neither of us are very clued up on what's needed :duh we just noticed that he couldn't take photo's as there wasn't a memory card in the phone.
Something like this is all that is required Glynis, make sure you select 16G_Micro SD/TF Card in the dropdown box, it comes complete with the adaptor which lets you use it just as you would a full size SD Card, this is good for looking at it on PC/Laptops etc.

You should always format the card in whatever it is installed in before first use if you can.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAL-8G-16GB-Micro-SD-Class-6-SDHC-MicroSD-Memory-Card-16-G-GB-16G-TF-SDHC-16-/390756945078?pt=UK_BOI_Office_Office_Supplies_Stationery_ET&var=&hash=item5afaedccb6
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:
Something like this is all that is required Glynis, make sure you select 16G_Micro SD/TF Card in the dropdown box, it comes complete with the adaptor which lets you use it just as you would a full size SD Card, this is good for looking at it on PC/Laptops etc.

You should always format the card in whatever it is installed in before first use if you can.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REAL-8G-16GB-Micro-SD-Class-6-SDHC-MicroSD-Memory-Card-16-G-GB-16G-TF-SDHC-16-/390756945078?pt=UK_BOI_Office_Office_Supplies_Stationery_ET&var=&hash=item5afaedccb6

Oh dear :duh formatting etc :cry

I don't have a PC anymore Graham I'm just on my IPad now.
Buy an SD adaptor for your iPad Glynis, it makes it sooo much easier to upload and edit pictures from your camera / phone on the iPad.

I would suggest you buy a genuine apple product for this http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MD822ZM/A/lightning-to-sd-card-camera-reader non apple products often don't work after an ios upgrade so it really is best to use a genuine Apple product for this.
Thanks Graham. :tup

If hubby isn't bothered about keeping photos would just a memory card to take photos suffice? On holiday recently for instance we took some photos, showed our family & friends then deleted them.
Yes that is fine, if not bothered about keeping or editing just use the memory card alone :tup
Glynis,you could of course use a thing called a camera to take photos :rofl :rofl :rofl

Regards
Alan
:rofl I know! It's not me honest :angel hubby had a little go of the phone at the weekend then mentioned he couldn't take photos. We are both numpties where gadgets are concerned (and yes to me a phone that does more than text and call numbers is a gadget :rofl )

So I thought, get him the right memory card then he can take his photos & will shut him up :tup

Sooooo, what size card :rofl
The galaxy Ace has a 5MP camera if only taking pictures and eventually deleting them you will have more than ample memory plus memory to spare if you want to add songs or apps etc with a 16GB card.

To give you a clue a 16GB card will store approx 8000 photos at 5MP, 4500 songs, 400 minutes normal video.
Surely the phone should take photos even without a memory card.
My Galaxy took pics from straight out of the box
Have a look at 7dayshop.com for a good selection of Micro SD cards with adapters. I've always had good service from them.
A 16 gig card will hold hundreds of photos, so unless he's serious about taking photos and videos it would be a severe case of overkill.
del949 wrote:

Del, my Galaxy Ace won't function at all without the SD card inserted. It's a GT-S5830i

My hubby has the Galaxy Pocket (smaller phone/screen) with something like a 4gb memory so no SD card needed really for general use but only a 3mp camera whereas mine is 5mp and better video quality.
PARKY45 wrote:
Have a look at 7dayshop.com for a good selection of Micro SD cards with adapters. I've always had good service from them.
A 16 gig card will hold hundreds of photos, so unless he's serious about taking photos and videos it would be a severe case of overkill.

Thanks Parky :tup
cyprus100 wrote:
del949 wrote:

Del, my Galaxy Ace won't function at all without the SD card inserted. It's a GT-S5830i

That's the model hubby has Shell.
I can recommend 7dayshop too - we've been using them for years. We also use their photo printing site - http://www.snapmad.com/index.php
I have bought 2 Micro SD cards from ebay a both have become faulty. I believe there are a lot of fake cards on ebay.
Stick with 7 day shop they are excellent
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.