Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
PAPHOS
309 Posts
Like boaz I too recommend the Rib Shack. The Jack Daniel ribs are lovely. They
also do a dish similar to enchiladas which is superb and they do indeed have a
very varied menu. If you like a burger they do ones like you have never
experienced.......they are yumm. My hubby is a fussy eater and mainly eats
burgers and omlettes when on holiday and he hasn't stopped raving about them :lol:

If you go further towards the harbour on the left hand side you will come to the
Almyra Hotel, opposite it is a restaurant called Phivos. The food in there is
excellent and they do a delicious kleftico.
Hope you have a great time and be sure to have a couple of brandy sours :lol:

Helenxx
Thank you all :D.

Will certainly visit the Rib shack and hopefully the Phivos too. Watch this space next week :D
It's lot better this morning 6.30am, still on the cool side for November but clear and the sun is coming up...so looks ok today..forcast below also looks good..but it is cool to cold at nights be warned!

Have a great stay..and happy landings!

Updated: 2:00 AM EET on November 04, 2005
Saturday
Clear. High: 69° F / 21° C Wind NW 11 mph / 18 km/h
Saturday Night
Scattered Clouds. Low: 53° F / 12° C Wind NNW 4 mph / 7 km/h
Sunday
Scattered Clouds. High: 68° F / 20° C Wind North 8 mph / 14 km/h
Sunday Night
Scattered Clouds. Low: 51° F / 11° C Wind North 11 mph / 18 km/h
Monday
Scattered Clouds. High: 66° F / 19° C Wind NNW 6 mph / 10 km/h
Monday Night
Clear. Low: 64° F / 18° C Wind North 6 mph / 10 km/h
Tuesday
Clear. High: 66° F / 19° C Wind NNW 4 mph / 7 km/h
Tuesday Night
Clear. Low: 64° F / 18° C Wind North 6 mph / 10 km/h
Wednesday
Scattered Clouds. High: 66° F / 19° C Wind North 2 mph / 3 km/h
Wednesday Night
Clear. Low: 64° F / 18° C Wind NNE 8 mph / 14 km/h
Thursday
Scattered Clouds. High: 66° F / 19° C Wind NNE 6 mph / 10 km/h
Thursday Night
Clear. Low: 64° F / 18° C Wind North 8 mph / 14 km/h
Hi Jim. :D

That weather forecast still looks better than Englands, though.........

:roll: :lol:
Certainly will be for sure!!!
Hope you have a wonderful time
Whatever the weather you will enjoy yourselves - anything is better than being at home
A couple of brandy sours would go down lovely right now, be sure and have a couple for me, and enjoy yourself!
Sorry to say but it's dull again today (Sunday) after a lovely day on Saturday, this weeks forcast though looks ok but still not what you would call warm, one of the few bad spells of weather we get here, but it has come very early this year..we do need the rain here but as yet no much of that either.. :roll:
Update on the weather this afternoon (Sunday) we are having a huge storm, high winds and heavy rain, this was not forcast until 40 minutes ago as a warning over local TV..

it is very bad..
but come on it's a break from everything, weather would be a bonus in my eyes. your have a antastic time, let us know how it goes when you get back :glynis
After yesterdays storm it's been a lovely day today (Mon) sunny and warm (highs 70f) same for tomorrow they tell us..
Hi all! just booked a winter break at land of kings apartments in Paphos on Jan 21st-has anyone else stayed there?
what is there to do in the resort out of season-any good bars/restaurants open or decent coffee shops?
will it be warm enough to get some sun? or are wooly jumpers required?
lots of questions never been before so any tips most welcome
the cost totalled £114 with Thomson-you cant stay home for that can ya!!
you will find the members reports HERE we stayed a few years ago in Jan remember it is winter in Cyprus and although the locals were well wrapped up shirt and light jacket was enough for me even on Pafos harbor watching the snow ( i didn't settle and only lasted about an hour)and during the week got a few hours in around the pool of our hotel, some rain can be expected so take a packamac

wizard
Definatley wooly jumpers and fleeces for the night time, check your accomodation has heating, and you are better with layers for through the day,
Elizabeth
There will be plenty of bars and restaurants open and they all serve coffee :lol:
Enjoy you holiday :D

Helenxx
off to Pathos on 21st January -is there much currently open?-bars and restaurant wise- if so what to do-never been to Cyprus before!
anyone got a good car hire company in the Pathos area?-and could we drive to the snowy mountains in a day and back again?
any tips appreciated :wave
Paphos is a year-round destination so most stuff will be open, except for places closed for winter refurbs - Jim, no doubt :wink: will tell you if there are many of those at the moment ?

Hire Car - where exactly are you staying? The holiday places sell Coral Bay as Paphos sometimes ?

Snowy Mountains - yep, just checked snowy today :D Webcam Link

You will do it in a day, but if the snow is bad they will only let you so far up unless you have a 4x4 and chains.

Ady
Yes Paphos or Pafos is an all year round resort, as Ady says some do close for holidays or as you say refurbs but although quiet compared to summer you will not starve or go thirsty..

good local car hire is george on http://www.easyrentacarltd.com/
Hi we are looking to book a holiday in May to Paphos, can anybody tell me how hot to expect it????

And will we need any layers for the evenings??
Hiya Debbg

Av max Temp 28 C

Av min Temp 17 C

Av No of Rainy days = 2

May will be a lovely time of year with the temperatures peaking around 30 C in the day and falling to high teens.

Yes take layers but I doubt you'll need them.

Enjoy your stay in Paphos.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.