Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
PAPHOS
309 Posts
Going to Paphos April 9th. Hoping to do lots of excursions e.g boat trips, cypriot evening etc. Are these all running at this time of year, or is it just peak season?
:D Cathy, Paphos Is an all year round resort........

Everything is open all year round....... unlike the East of the Island, which

shuts down from October until April..... so you should be okay.

:wink:
thanks for this. thinking we may do the 2 day cruise but i know this doesn't start until april? Anybody know of a good cypriot evening excusion?
Hi,

2 day cruises to Egypt start on 10th April this year, with Louis Cruise Lines or Salamis Cruises.

Pentaras Tavern ( not far from St. George's Hotel on the Coral Bay road) does a good Cypriot night. Not sure if he will have started it in April - I think it is usually May. Send me p.m. if you want contact details.

Evelyn
Could someone recommend a decent Cypriot restaurant in Paphos ?

We used to go to Brothers but that closed last year.
Hello Geordie

HT Member Singer posted this recommendation a week ago.

"I always recommend Manhattan's or Za Za if staying in Pafos. However, I've just returned after a week on business and my usual haunts are closed for the winter.

This meant I had to find pastures new and I was not disappointed.

1. Zaffron on the Tomb of the Kings Road. Very cool decor, food presented extremelly well. Service excellent and a terrific wine list. Cyprus is not know for it's wine lists. The House red was a superb Cotes du Rhone and only cost £9.50.

2. Heals Bar and Restaurant in Chloraka. Opened last June and serves some excellent traditional home made British food and well as Thai, Indian and Chinese. Superbly decorated. British couple manage it. Gave up the UK after 20 years running a pub. They deserve to get some custom. Very friendly and restaurant area is non-smoking. Tuesday's is a 3-course meal for £7.50

3. Flambe Steak Restaurant, Bar Street, Pafos. Always walked passed it but as it was situated across the road from the closed Manhattan's gave it a try. I recommend you eat from the Flambe menu as your food will be cooked at your table. It's a bit of cabaret when the young chef cooks your steak and huge flames lick the ceiling."

We have heard many people recommend Melania on the Tombs of the Kings Road just past the historic site on the road to Coral bay on the RHS.

If you can manage to reach Peyia then try the Peyia Tavern on the main road is a traditional Cypriot Taverna with no set menu just a lovley, well run family affair with fantastic food at great prices - you may need to book in high season.

Hope these help???
Hi Geordie
We would always recommend the Manhatten if you are going in the summer, it's opposite the Annabelle Hotel, also there is the Mandra which is situated up from the sea front on Dionysos St. there is also a great cocktail bar next door, The Flintstones, rather brash but great cocktails and great staff. Hopes this helps a little.
Amber and Karl :wave :yipee
Viva Cyprus, just up the road from The Brothers is also very good. They bring the sweet trolley to the table which makes it very hard to resist!!!
Only been to the Viva Cyprus once. Was suiatbly impressed.
My favourite 2 places are Mothers and the Seagull.
Sienna on the Tombs road near the Azir hotel I have found to be one of the best in Pafos, I have tried most of them now, and also if you have deep pockets Pavarotti's but not cheap, special occasions only, but wonderful..

My advice if you can keep away from the main tourist areas and you will get better food and cheaper..do try the local food and always give a Meze a try, this is a must do!!

have a good stay..p.s todays weather as yesterday warm and clear...almost perfect!! 8)
GENESIS is the best restaurant I have ever been to, first class food!! It's close to the Rugby Arms, down from Appomero (which is also nice).
Lisa,x
Visiting Pathos for the first time soon and want to know the best places to eat and drink.

Also, what else should I do ?
I've read good reports on Latchi, Polis, Pathos waterpark - any good ?

Thanks
What accomodation are you staying in, then we can tell you about near-by places to eat.................although if you look further back at some of the previous topics there are many restaurant suggestions already mentioned.
Cheers, lisa,x
Have a look at this site, it has restaurant recommendations on it:
http://www.cyprusliving.org
Hi, It is our 25th Wedding Anniversary in March 07 and we would like to go back to Paphos as we have been twice before once in June and once in August, is Paphos suitable to visit in March, are there places to eat and shops open for tourists? Has anyone been in March and would you recommend it? Thanks
:D Dawn
Member Anbron is the one who can tell you about visiting in March.

She has been there at this time of year, many times. I am sure she will be along soon to tell you her views.

Kath HT Admin
I recon I can answer this Kath, March in Cyprus is late spring for us here, it can be warm and sunny it also can be very wet and windy, but you would be unlucky to have the whole Holiday ruined by bad weather for sure, Pafos is open all year with plenty of bars and restaurants that are open, some close for refurbs or just for a holiday but Pafos IS an all year round resort, and I think a great time to visit, neither too hot or cold, but please remember it may not be beach weather...well not guaranteed.
Hi, we went to Paphos this year in late March and had a great time. The weather was warm in the day, but chilly in the evenings. It was not hot enough to sunbathe, but it was fine to walk about in a t-shirt in the day, and ideal for sightseeing. There were plenty of bars and restaurants open, we were able to eat outside at lunchtimes. We also went on the day trip to Cairo by air for my birthday, and it is a good time of year to do this as it is not too hot .
Hello Dawn

We are intending to visit Paphos next March/April (Easter hols).

We expect the weather to be pleasant, I'm sure the pool and the sea may look inviting but would most likely be a little fresh.

However, the temperatures will make site seeing far more pleasurable than it was this June when the weather was fantastic.

We aim to visit more of the historic sites like Tombs of the Kings and Aphrodite's Baths this time. In June we did not venture up to the Troodos and will make every effort this time.

We are really looking forward to experiencing a different type of holiday this next time but I'm sure we will have to spend some quality time at Coral Bay Beach making sand castles and paddling with the little ones.

If you do go, I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

Have a great trip and Wedding Anniversary wherever you end up!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.