Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
PAPHOS
309 Posts
Can anyone let me know if Paphos is a suitable resort for families with young children (4 year old daughter). We went to Protaras this year and that was really family friendly as the brochures had stated. However, whenever I read about Paphos it is never highlighted in any brochures as a family resort. Please let me know. Want to book for next year but don't want to regret picking Paphos!! :?
Hi deanonow,

We've been to Paphos 4 times now with the kids and they love it. The beach at Coral Bay is child friendly and you can find a couple more nice beaches along the coast although the sea can be rocky in places, (great fun though!)

Paphos is a really friendly place. We went to Rhodes in May this year and didn't find it anywhere near as friendly. The kids actually chose to go back to Paphos next year so that's where we're headed. :D

Give it a try, like a lot of people here, you'll fall in love with the place.

Paula.
Yeah - Paphos is very family friendly. It seems a little more bias on the side of couples though IMHO.

Its certainly no Ayia Nappa - if you know what I mean? (Despite Bar Street)

Also, there is loads to do nearby for all ages.

Enjoy your trip!
Well thank goodness it's not another A/nap...great for families but short on big beaches, unless you have transport to drive a short distance to find them..great harbour area and old town...
We like Paphos and Protaras equally, but I think if I were taking my grandson again, personally I would pick Protaras because of the lovely beaches. Also I thought the restaurants were more child-friendly there, and we liked the luna parks being open in the evenings.
Bellavista

I think thats what I was getting at in my first reply above. WIsh I'd put it like that.
If the little ones like funfairs, there is a small one at Luna Park, a hundred yards from the Phaethon Beach hotel on Poseidonos Ave. You can get a bus there and it used to turn around in the funfair's car park. Last year there was a big touring type fair across the road from the Roman hotel on TOTK road.

The aquarium is nice to go and chill out.

I'm sure the kids will love Paphos!
thanks everyone. decisions, decisions!! :lol:
I would reallyappreciate any suggestions to make our first holiday in Paphos a success. Restaurants and trips and also must sees would be great, thanks. We will have a car and be there for 2 weeks.

Julie
hi my first suggestion is have a look back through the threads in this forum and you will find lots of similar questions complete with answers

wizard
Hiya Julie

Click on this link for Restaurant recommendations from a previous thread

http://holidayforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=66128

We ate at Siennas, on the Tomb of the Kings Road between next to the Helios Bay Apartments on the road out of Paphos toward Coral Bay. More expensive than most restaurants (Cyp£10 for main course) but you do get what you pay for and it is well worth paying for it.

There is a bus stop right outstide just 3 stops from the Aliceland Restaurant which is opposite the Wreck!!!

We went to Adonis Waterfalls to have a dip in the plunge pool - very refreshing in the heat of the day - the journey a little exciting too.

The Mosaics next to the Harbour are fascinating and in remarkable condition.

Take a trip along the coast (40 mins) past Coral Bay to Lara Bay. Have lunch at the Last Castle which has spectacular elevated views over the bay.

Coral Bay beach is large and Sandy, we prefer to drive past the first beach and head on additional 500m. We found this area is less busy, especially on the weekends.

The beach at the rear of the St George Hotel, although manmade is lovely with a breakwater making the sea safe and great for snorkeling.

Please browse our website http://www.liakada.co.uk for additional information about activities and places of interest in the Paphos region.

Have a great holiday
Thanks Mod :) I have now read back a year!!!! and have got lots of information to be getting on with.

Liakada, I see you have been very helpful to lots of people on this forum. Thats very good of you and I appreciate it too! I am off to have a look at your website.
came back last thursday and would recomend
alkion top end of bar street kato paphos found this on our last night and had a lovely greek meal
fat mammas in the tomb of the kings road italian ribs pizzas and entertainment get there early to avoid the queues
capriccosa italian also at the top of bar street a very nice resteraunt and popular
and also cant recomend enough the moonlight bar and tavern opposite the sofianna apartments where we stayed chris the owner even opened up especially to cook for us before our flight home
Hi,
We are taking a winter holiday this year as it is hubby's 50th birthday.

Thought we would probably have to go to a Canary Island but wondered what Paphos would be like at this time of year. We adore Cyprus and have only ever stayed at Pernera, but is it all open in Paphos in February? Also what is the temp like?

We are off to Pernera again end of Sept and thought we would take a drive to
Paphos for a look around any help much appreciated.

Amber
Hiya Amber

Paphos is an all year round resort.

The town is vibrant due to the local community as well as the tourists.

Obviously the temperatures are cooler this time of year 18 - 20 C with the odd day of rain.

On your day trip to Paphos, maybe take a look at the Historic Mosaics in the Harbour Area.

We can recommend Siennas, on the coastal road toward Coral Bay, next to the Helios Apartments for Lunch.

Have a great holiday in September
Have to say if you are going to get bad weather in ''Cy'' Pafos in February will be the month to get it, nights are also cold by our standards, you could be lucky and get some sun, I was in hospital for two week in February and I sat on the hospital roof in my jimjam's for the first week, the second I would have got blasted into the sea, it will be very much down to your luck, if you wish to have guaranteed sunshine then Cyprus in February is a gamble..
We visited Paphos in March this year and at least half of Bar Street was closed and the rest was fairly empty.

The weather was great for doing the sights. I wouldn't like to wander the mosaics in summer.

And of course, there's snow in the Troodos!

Marion
Hi,

We were also looking at booking for hubbys 50th next march, but now decided to go further a field and stick to cyprus in the summer. We found a good deal to Margarita on the first choice website. 2 weeks all inclusive in 4 star hotel total holiday cost for both £1769.
We do love Cyprus though and are going to paphos in 1 week. Like you only ever been to Pernera so looking forward to it.

We did go to Limasol in March and it was lovely sunbathing weather during day but freezing at night. I would say 75% of places were open. Also Limasol has a big carnival in march ?what date but it was good to watch.

Hope you find something

Karen
As mentioned previously, most of Bar Steet is closed in Feb. Weather is very suspect in Feb, very much a gamble. Was there in Feb this year and it was freezing in the villa at night. Gas heaters were on etc. The one advantage was that my usual restaurants were closed and the alternatives were excellent.

For guaranteed sun I'd go to the Canaries, but I love Cyprus too much to go anywhere else.

Back in Tala in 3 weeks.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.