Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Just thought some of you would like to know that the new road between Loule and Quarteira has opened. This is the one that goes over the N125 on a bridge just to the east of the hitherto notorious Quatras Estradas junction.

Sailed round the new roundabout on the bus; no holdups at all. The conflict between east-west and north-south traffic is gone - for example the 15 minute queue to get through the traffic lights.
Am off again :oops: Booked from 31st Aug to 11th Sept :oops: Don't know where we are staying yet though.

Have seen a good deal to Silves BB £290 for the 2 of us. We'll have a car for the day time and it does seem a bargain???

Apart from there I've looked at various apartments Tavira/Cabanas etc Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm decisions. Am trying to keep cost down as well as we've booked local airport flights :shock:
Glynis.
Theres a very nice bar down by the river beside the old Roman bridge in Silves. Its a favorite haunt for Benfica fans (that is if your fella is into footie!) :D I had many a great time there. No tourists! :D just locals. Yiou cant miss it as it has a HUGE Benfica flag inside.
Thanks Dan :tup Think it might be Cabanas though :D
OOOOOOOOOHHHH, Sagres,
What do you think of that????????
Is Cabanas ready for Glynis?????
Pat
:glynis
Ha ha ha Pat you better pre warn them then to look out for a pink elephant. Cheers Jayjan
Jayjan I always apply my sunscreen with great care and am never pink :lol:
Hahaha Glynis i just couldnt resist the pink elephant thing. Cheers jayjan
Dan Wrote:

Theres a very nice bar down by the river beside the old Roman bridge in Silves. Its a favorite haunt for Benfica fans (that is if your fella is into footie!) I had many a great time there. No tourists! just locals. Yiou cant miss it as it has a HUGE Benfica flag inside.

Surely they must be tourists from 260k north in Lisbon if they are Benfica fans... :wink:

Portugal... land of the glory hunter! :lol:
Surely they must be tourists from 260k north in Lisbon if they are Benfica fans.

No they are locals!!! :D :D :D
Sadly I know, that is why we will never have a successful team in the Algarve...
No message
Sagres, I see you were encouraging Glynis to go to Amoreira if its the one I am thinking of its through Aljezur turn left, I absolutely agree however the restaurant is closed at the moment which sort of changes its appeal to not be able to go and have a bit of lunch or whatever.
We did go to the beach :pele we'd actually been there before but I didn't realise it was that one as we came in from a different direction - duh
We only used the beach bar on our first visit (and it's a fair walk away from the part of the beach we used.)On our second visit, our Portuguese friends made a picnic and we used the Atlantic to keep the beer cool !! :wink: :glynis
Only 3 days!!

Fly on Thursday evening and we can't wait!! 2 weeks at The Vilanova in Sao Jao.

Just wanted to thank everyone here for the good advice, useful tips and of course smiles!

We will raise a glass to you..... probably several!

Take care,

Kelly
Have a great time !!....... never mind about raising a glass - bring a bottle back !! :rofl :glynis
Have a good time K elly, and remember, if it's a scratch card, it's timeshare, however they try to dress it up!

:)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.