Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
lykia world
1440 Posts
Hi Pamplmousse, Yes we did get a table at the marina we got their around 730ish and watched the sunset, as form mthe drinks we just used to do to the village restarant and had them out of the machine and then fied our water bottles up for the rest of the day, the second week we spent more and let the kids have milk shakes and icecreams, and then at night we had a couple of largers and a bottle of wine with our meal and then had another couple at the disco afterwards, our room number was P124and 125, i wold of loved to have had a middle floor rooms but the ground floor rooms where so cool and that was a god send in 33 at 1am in the morning, we are looking to go back next year. Yours Janice
Hi Has anyone got the UK office phone number so i can get a broucre and prices for next year, please helas my children are driving me mad to go again. Yours Janice
its on their website if you have a look
HI elle-meg, thanks for the info i have just phoned them for next hyears prices, its just the flight are very expensive at the moment, might have to wait until after christmas when they sometimes go down. Yours Janice
they usually give you discount when you book in advance after you have holidayed there. you have missed the cheap flights that aegean flights were selling for £70 return all summer from any airport there might be the odd 1 still cheap but not £70, have you checked their prices
Hi eele-meg they are all the same price £200-249, last time i went diy they had a flight sale after christmas, i think the discount is 15% im not sure thats what they affered me last time i had a price, also i think i cannot get a good deal on flights is because we want to go on August the 18th (peaktime). Yours Janice
Good luck with your flights Bellingham. :D Don't forget to upload your photos if you get time, would love to see them. Did you get to see the shows?
Hi papplemouse, We saw the whiteshow the Turkish night we went to eveyshow and then we went to the outdoor disco as the nightclub this year has been closed as they said their was to many under aged teenagers and not enough adults using is, but the amination team said they are going to refubish it any then open it agian next year, wse had a great time other than we all had bad tummys from something. Yours Janice
Hi Janice

How did your transfers go?

Did your kids join in any teenagers club activities?
Hi Mehmeh, the tranfer was great with orangecargire they where waiting even as our flight came in early and they arrived 15minuted early to pick us up, we where late going out due to two people who was late checking in which really gets me annoyed as they have three hrs to check in, as for the teenage club it finishes on the 26th of August, but they still had a great time at the pool and at the outdoor disco until 2am. Yours Janice
Just got back me self from Lykia
Second time for me .Everything fantastic again
we were in P block 3 floor with pool veiw and sea view very lucky
Great time with the Entertainment team Sisco and Johnny
Recomend it to all
On the down side
We hada late night flight home was picked up at hotell at 11 o clock
We paid
our bill at dinner time that day then found are cards had been stopped
We reactivated them and was told to pay final bill at 10 o clock
befor we left
As we were leaving the hotel late we decided to book the chinese reseraunt 2 days befor .which we were charged for
Only to find as we checked out and finalised the bill
That we had been charged for all the drinks we had had in the Mandrin resturant even the free wine
Wot a pityafter spending a fortune there
They had to milk us for our last pennys ..Beware .......Paul
Hello we have been home now for about 3 weeks and this is a quick message but this was our first time there and we are pining to go back. Its like feeling homesick. We had a fantastic time and although our children didnt use the kids clubs that much when they did they were never bored. We went scuba diving, water ski-ing, banana boating, jet ski-ing and took a speed boat out. We also had some fantastic photos by the photo guys that walk about. My only concern was that we had only been there about two days and my husband was sick and then the rest of us went down. Within a couple of days we were fine again and the exactly 7 days later we were ill again. After speaking to a few others they also were ill. We didnt think too much of this until we returned home and my youngest being 3 had still got upset stomach and after keeping in contact with some others from the hotel they too were still ill. I had a test done at the doctors and it came back that he had cryptosporidium. This is found in contaminated drinking water and swimming pools. Although not life threatning and depends on your health some may experience two to three days worth or 2 to 3 weeks worth of upset stomach or sickness. Has anyone else been ill around mid August at Lykia World? We are all well again and it hasnt put me off going back but it does concern me that after spending so much on a holiday we were ill from the pool.
Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that :(

I know that Janice (Bellingham) has just returned and they had stomach upsets.
Hi Starry, Yes we where all ill with tummy upset, and their was a few other children ill as well, we had sickness and running to the toilet for 2-3days, i wish i had known their had been people who had already been ,and been ill, did they you do to the doctors and if so did they give you green tablets to stop the illness. Yours Janice
Hi Bellingham. We didnt go to the doctors at the hotel because we just put it down to a stomach bug. Some people we met there went to the doctors and they sent their children into hospital and gave them antibiotics which we thought was strange for a normal stomach bug. It wasnt until we arrived home and my little boys stomach started up again that we had the test done. They have told us that Thomas Cook are going to contact Lykia World just to see if they can test the swimming pools. We mainly were in the village pool. We have all settled down now. If we had not have had the test done we wouldnt have known really because my husband and other children were just sick and had upset stomach for about 2 days and then were ill again about 5 days later. We havent been given anything for it but they said that if it carries on they can give us a course of tablets but I dont know what colour or what they are called.
Hi Harrisons, We had the exact same illness and we asked the rep if their has been any other reports and she said NO, so she lied and im going to contact Thomascook tomorrow, im going to have a look and see id i can find the doctors bill and see where we go from their, if i can prove their was a problam at Lykia im going to contact Ros, as i did not enjoy the firs week through being ill. Yours Janice
We have looked up this bowel thing again and it said that it can be treated by a tablet called nitazoxanide. Were you given a tablet at the hotel. I dont know if there is something going on there because I cant understand why they are giving people tablets if they only think they have a stomach bug.
We have also looked up the tablets on the internet and the colourings in the tablet are FD & C Yellow No 10 and FD & C No 2 Blue. which without too much looking into would sound like they could be green. I think I am going to ask Thomas cook if they have contacted them yet. Alot of people can carry this without hardly any symptoms and it can stay in you for 2-3 weeks. The only other place I can think of is the Lagoon because round the side we went to it was very calm water and more like a lake. We was at Lykia between 17th and 31st August and there was no end of people we spoke to who had sickness and upset stomachs.
Hi HT, Could you please help, we have been to Lykia World and their has been a problecausing people to be ill and we did not know how many people had been ill and their was a problem until we came back do yolu think Ross could help us , i did ask the rep if their was a probelm and she said that we was the only people who had been ill, so what we have learned since is that she lied. Yours Janice
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.