Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Jayjan,
Sorry for the delay in replying, but I've been checking the parking situation at John Lennon with a neighbour who uses the airport regularly on business.The long-stay car park is about a 5 to 10 minute walk from the entrance to departures and is clearly signed.We'll be taxiing there in December.
Weather is so bad they had to postpone the football today. One corner was about 10 cm under water. Naturally we had already walked up there and literally got soaked to the skin in doing so... :shock:
Aaaw,bless !!....... and how often does that happen ?? ....once every five or six years-that's how often. We get it every other week mate, and do you hear us moan ??... too bloody right you hear us moan !!!! :rofl
655pm and it is STILL tipping it down! Football off as you know, so went to pub and watched Ireland lose to Argentina. Farewell dinner with golfing friends on hold as I am not going out there!

One of them has video of flooding in downtown Albufeira this pm; will be available late in the day Monday.

Have a nice day.
am I glad I'm home.......you bet.....been a lovely day in Glasgow.....pity the pints and the tinto are much more expensive here :rofl
Pat
:glynis
pity the pints and the tinto are much more expensive here

..... you mean all you brought home with you was dirty washing ?? :lol: :lol:
Cheers Sagres, thanks for information on the car parking at Liverpool, looked on website but they dont seem to have a map on the parking areas.

Had a look on meteo.pt and the rain is all over portugal, aint it nice when they get our UK weather once in a while, ha ha. Satellite is showing it moving out to sea at 21.30 so maybe it will be nice tomorrow. Cheers Jayjan
Sorry to jump in, please tell me the Algarve has had its quota of rain for the year - off to Lagos tomorrow, has it stopped yet.
aint it nice when they get our UK weather once in a while, ha ha

No, Jayjan, not this week thankyou! :(

al26 - I think we'll just have to put our trust in the BBC. What do you make of that? :hmmm
Looks good fingers crossed.
It is raining in Albufeira as I write (0905am) and there is a large black cloud approaching from the south-west.
OMG my friend and her husband are going to love this weather :roll: They've got 10 days left of a 17 day holiday to Cabanas.
Glynis,
It can be P****** down in Albufeira and sunny in Cabanas........

Sagres, no I didn't just bring back dirty washing but I can't exactly take my carry oot into the pub..... :rofl
Pat
:glynis
jayjan,
You'll find a basic map to the long-stay car park at L'pool here:
https://www.easyjet4parking.com/NCPEasyJet.ASP?WCI=CPInfo&WCE=LPL1%20%20

EDIT
For some reason the link is taking ages to load.If you go to Easyjet's homepage and click on airport parking,then proceed to fill in details of your dates,you will come to a stage where a button marked 'Car Park Details' appears;clicking this will give a basic map.
Sorry Roseweb I know its a bit late but have a lovely holiday :fly :glynis :sun and hope the weather is brill for you. Cheers Jayjan
Thanks Sagres for the basic map & info, hubby thinks he knows where to go, making the yellow submarine as a landmark, he's flown from Liverpool before but its a few years ago, I'm a first timer from this airport. cheers jayjan
Yet another post, not trying to be the winner for most posts haha. When our youngest son left for Faro on Sunday afternoon 16.00hrs for flight at 19.00hrs they were delayed nearly 2 hrs because of the weather, he said the cloud was so low you couldnt see the hills in the background it was so bad, and the motorway was horrendous, one accident seen on their way, a woman skidded into the central reservation and caused chaos but thankfully she was ok. Cheers Jayjan
Have a good one,Roseweb;hope the weather picks up for you. :)
825 am and it is throwing it down here in Albufeira. Skies are leaden and grey and there was thunder earlier. Visibility very poor.

Looks like it's set in for a while as well.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.