France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Lorries are being held on the hard shoulder of the M20.

Car travellers with valid Eurotunnel tickets are invited to present themselves at Dover Eastern Docks where they will be accommodated as soon as possible on a ferry service at no further cost.
Just had my renter for next week cancel on me :( can't get over.
Has your renter not explored other ways across the Channel? As I understand it, and certainly as it is being presented by French TV, the ferries are taking tunnel users on their regular services and are not charging them anything.

Maybe it's worth calling him/her and suggesting this.
Extra planes are being laid on to Paris as far as I'm aware, as well as ferries. Hope you manage to twist your renter's arm!
I think they are running limited trains now, anyhow I saw Eurostar trains at Ashford today.
Thanks! It was just a works pal, let them have it for peanuts (which he wants back understandably) but she's asked for an invoice for 3 times the amount for her travel insurance.

Said no of course. Don't like fraud. :yikes
Quite right Barry. I'd have done exactly the same. It's people like this that make premiums go up for all of us .............
Not quite sure if this is appropriate to the thread, but did you hear in the paper, now I think it was BA, how much they'd put up the prices for those going to Paris? :yikes
Yes Tarry! All the carriers between Paris/Brussels and London have had a field day! But the ferries have rallied gamely with extra sailings and have honoured tunnel tickets! Just like in the good old days before the tunnel was built!!
Too true about the good ole days ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.