General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
We've bought the Piz Buin once lotions, and as they're in 100ml bottles, they can go into our clear bags for handluggage (getting some more sunscreen at the airport but if there isn't any we can survive on the piz buin)

I also got a tesco own brand SPF25 today, it's a clear spray and smells like the carrot oil you can get in Spain, it was a fantastic 80p! Couldn't get over the price! Also got a Piz Buin continuous spray SPF30 for £3.75 in tesco a few weeks back! (these will have to go into our suitcases though) :think
"Savers" had some Piz buin radiant face for £2.99 and some once a day for I think £4.99 also others at really good prices.I paid £4.99 for radiant face off e-bay last year.I should think it's old formula.T.
Morrisons have got Buy one get one free deals on suncreams, the one I want for my holiday is £15.00 per bottle so i'm gonna get in there fast - think offer is on til mid-april
From monday 6th april netto have the Hawaiian tropic sun creams for £1.99

Hawaiin tropic oil f2/lotion f2/factor 15 200 ml
aftersun cucumber 400 ml
tanning oil factor 2

just thought I would post this to let you know as I think it's a good price , even if you don't shop there it might be worth going just for these. :)
Just been to Home Bargains and got a Roc continuous spray SPF 30 and SPF 50 for about £3 each! Couldn't believe it! Normally, SPF 50s are more expensive!
Dont forget its always advisable to use a sun tan lotion with a FIVE STAR UVA rating coz they are the best for your skin. Happy holidays :cheers
Asda has got some great offers on suntan lotions, today I got nivea sun for children factor 40 spray for £3 bargain :cheers . They are also selling ambre solaire all factors in the milk for £5.
What's everytone thoughts on P20, my son is a tinker when I want to apply sunscreen every 5 mins, he hates it, so I thought if I applied it once this will be better all round for us all. I have also bought myself some Piz Buin Once, has anyone used this before?
I much prefer Ultrasun to P20. It does exactly the same job and is sold as such but unlike P20 you don't get those awful brown stain marks from it which you do on light clothing with P20......which renders them unwearable again until you wash them (it does come out with normal washing)

You can buy Ultrasun direct from them http://www.ultrasun.co.uk or any Monarch in-flight shop stocks it too. Or Google it and there are loads of places on the net to buy it at reduced prices
I've used Piz Bruin once a day several holidays. I think it's excellent, loads of different factors too !!

Denny
Thanks for that misschief, I think I'll still try it as the bairn will only have his swim trunks on most of time and they are not light in colour ( I may regret this) Would of used the piz buin but that lasts a bit less than p20.
I've used piz buin once on my son for several years,always apply more often because I don't trust any of them 100%,he has not burnt yet.T.
I vote for Ultrasun too, I use the 17, my husband uses the 20, and our baby son has the 28. Miss-Chief, you will prob. find it cheaper here:

http://www.ifsogo.com/Holiday/Ultrasun-Once-A-Day
Thanks for that Lisa. :)

It IS cheaper there, and Factor 17 is on offer too - 50% free, so you get 150ml
(instead of 100ml) for 11.99 with free p&p! :tup
Hi LisaMJ.......I never actually buy it direct from them as it's always cheaper with some online Pharmacies....they also have lots of offers on too, good find though, I buy a lot of things from Ifsogo never thought to check the Ultrasun :tup
Apart from the obvious benefits of the once a days, I like the "runniness" of the Ultrasun as it means you get it into every nook & cranny :rofl which you can miss with regular creams and sprays. I always used to burn my feet & toes (V painful) but never happened since switching to Ultrasun.

and Factor 17 is on offer too - 50% free, so you get 150ml
MillyM just remember that this one has the "glimmer" in it, I had a free sample when they launched it and have to say it was quite glittery :yikes
Hiya Miss Chief :wave:

Glittery? Oh..... :(
Thanks for the heads up - I don't really "do" glittery. :haha
do you all actually only put it on once a day. I'm paranoid about burning, and am slapping cream on continuously. I've looked at the P20 several times and then decided against it.
Helen, no need to worry at all.....as long as you follow the instructions correctly. You need to apply and let it dry properly for a good 20 mins-half hour before going out in the sun. I usually apply mine after my morning shower, have breakfast and away you go. The P20 & Ultrasun are both water resistant so obviously you should reapply if you spend a long time in the sea or pool and other than ensuring you apply everywhere it's a doddle to use. So nice not to have to worry about reapplying all the time :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.