General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I was in TJ Hughes yesterday and they are selling P20 for £16.95 for the 200ml and also P10 (which I've never seen before).

I use it every year and have no problems with it, the smell is unnoticable after application and a little goes a long way.

Noticed Boots have their Soltan Once in on a BOGOF, may take that as well this year as I like to have a range of suncreams but always start of with P20.
Does anyone know where I can find a suntan lotion called NO ADD? my wife loves it.
Jeffro,
Try Poundland if you have one near you. They had stacks of it in my local one on Thursday.

Denny
I bought the 'No Add' suncream in Asda, but I'm going back a few years. I wouldn't be surprised that they still sell it. It was cheap and worked well but what put me off was that it didn't have a smell.
I haven't seen No-Ad in Asda for a couple of years, but I have spotted it in £1 shops. I would be quite wary of suncreams in £1 shops as it's usually very old stock which has been stored for a long time and may not be as good as when it is "fresh" if you know what I mean.
I went to Fuerteventura for 2 weeks at Easter and used Asda's own brand suncream (currently two for £5) I bought the spray lotions in SPF30, SPF15 and SPF8, and the aftersun (£10 for the whole lot) and had no complaints with it whatsoever. The spray is lovely and light to put on and smells quite nice (although not as nice as Piz Buin). The bottles have a "use by" date stamped on the base, so no confusion over how old it is, and all SPFs (apart from SPF8) have five-star UVA protection. I would be happy to use it again. In fact, I have just been and bought some for my son who is hoping to get away on his first holiday without mum sometime soon. They even do a "men's lotion" with a fresh sport fragrance.
Tesco have piz buin 1 Day long lotion at half price £6.00 for 100ml spf 10, 15 and 30. Also Piz Buin after sun with tan intensifier for £4.00. :)
That's just typical, just spent a fortune in boots on Piz Buin. :cry But I did get BOGOF on the once a day soltan stuff for OH and the Bairn. Tried Pix Buin in the bairn and his wrist went a bit red. (he has sensitive skin so I always have to do patch tests) I used to use Avon on him but he started getting really dry skin with it so have changed this year. Fingers crossed.
Thanks for that Starry. Ive been holding off buying it until the offers started. First job tomorrow morning, a trip to Tesco.

Sarah :)
Well just came back from our local Tesco and they have none in stock yet. :(
Boots will probably be doing BOGOF on Piz Buin in a few more weeks - in previous years they've done the Piz Buin offer for 6-8 weeks around June/July. Superdrug will also do it at the same time.
Are any of you that use the once a day products ,water babes. I'm in & out of the water all day on holidays - at least every 30 - 45 mins. Does it still work or would I have to re apply?
:tup
Helen you will be fine with it we have used it for yrs and never had to reapply O/H half some times does on his neck as he as vitaligo so he as no protection at all. we are also in and out of water so dont worry you will be fine.
have a great holiday

Pip
x
cyberspacekadette wrote:
Boots will probably be doing BOGOF on Piz Buin in a few more weeks - in previous years they've done the Piz Buin offer for 6-8 weeks around June/July. Superdrug will also do it at the same time.

Thanks C,
I'll be stocking up for next year then :sun2
AVON offer on at the moment - any 3 for £10 - mix and match across Bronze suncare. :wink:
Just noticed - posted previously.
cyberspacekadette wrote:

Been away the last 4 years at the end of May and have always managed to buy Piz Buin BOGOF in plenty of time - struggling this year.
Hi Laudan,try looking on e-bay,there are usually some good prices there,if not if you have a Savers shop near you they had some a while back,Hope this helps,T.
My tesco's have it in now. :duh I payed 32pound for two tubes of once a day in boots, if i'd waited and go them in tesco's could of got them both for 16. :duh
Piz Buin is on BOGOF online in Boots, hopefully it will also be on in store when I go tomorrow.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.